STILL no thread/gallery tagging?

Jυra

• Management

This comes up now and again and while we want to add tagging, it's not something we want to throw in over a couple of days. It's also one of those features that's only requested by a small part of our customer base.

We do want to add it, but we want to create a good implementation.

If implemented properly it can be a good feature. The trouble is that it will need to be a deep implementation that affects a lot of the core (search, display, forum view, topic view, board index, etc).

Matt, I respect that it would take a lot of effort to add a tagging feature to the core. But I have also seen positive results from using tags on that other forum platform. It's one of those things that doesn't present itself as a deal-breaker, but I think it could prove to be a big plus.

Then again, the thought of going back and tagging thousands of threads doesn't sound very appealing. :)

Yeah I pretty much suggested this and other things:

Allow threads to be tagged with keywords, like a tag cloud and allow tags to be searched. When tags are searched, it will bring up the threads tagged with a specific keyword. I would also like to suggest to allow unique meta descriptions/keywords to be inputted for specific threads, sort of like what Minerva SEO did with their SEO module for IPB 2.3.x.

I posted more suggestions in the following thread, although they were for IPB in general as I wasn't aware that there was going to be an IP.Seo app.

Archived