Need better support

Ashley Hall

Hello, I have spent 150$ on the software, and I would expect better support for such a price. I have started two topics:
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/326416-implementing-a-title-page/page__p__2049669#entry2049669
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/326473-blank-navigation-link/page__gopid__2049670#entry2049670

And both of which remain unanswered. Maybe you guys could hire/enact a better support team who knows PHP well, and can help with such technical problems. Thanks.

You are questioning IPS's knowledge of PHP? Really? lol

The forums here are not to be used for official support. That's what the helpdesk is for.

Also, these are not "technical problems" that you are having. You are making modifications or have installed plugins to your forums. IPS, nor any software company, is obligated to provide support for such things. They may be able to help you, but I imagine your best chance is with a helpdesk ticket - not a thread in the forums. The forums are a good place if you want help from fellow IPB customers.

I've dealt with other forum software companies, and IPS's support is leaps and bounds better than others...when you ask the right way,

• Management

The $150 you are quoting does include very good support. You can see the type of support level you get here: http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/purchase.php

However, the two topics you provided links to are not covered by our support services. One is in the skinning and design forum and the other is in the product modifications forum. We provide technical support for our software but we do not provide HTML/CSS/Image design tutorials (our support staff are technical support - none of them are designers) nor do we provide information on how to modify the software. Those are both well outside the scope of technical support which is designed for being sure the software works properly on your site.

I guess I was assuming that I had all-round forum support since I paid so much. I definitely should have done my research better.

Oh well, I am sorry for appearing to be so "arrogant" I guess you could say. I will try to ask questions in a better demeanor. :unsure:

Any advice on getting support on these issues?

I didn't look at your support threads, but I can assure you that if you can't find what you're looking for in the forums, the official support in the client area is top notch! I went through some issues when I was new to IPS, and I was also frustrated with the slow response times in the forum... Submit a ticket and your prayers will be answered!

edit to add: I just checked your threads, and you are looking for a modification. I don't know if tech support will help you with that, but I'm sure they'll be able to help you with your second issue.

Good luck!

I guess I was assuming that I had all-round forum support since I paid so much. I definitely should have done my research better.

Oh well, I am sorry for appearing to be so "arrogant" I guess you could say. I will try to ask questions in a better demeanor. :unsure:

Any advice on getting support on these issues?

What? You do get all round forum support. What you don't get is official support for skinning and modification of the software. Does Ford give you support for installing steering wheel covers?

Anyway, you likely won't get official support on those queries, since they're not officially supported anyway. There's lots of friendly local modders and skinners who can probably help you out no problem.

Just one note though, with skins you might be better off asking either in the support topic for the skin (if it's from Marketplace) or on the skinner's own forum.

Archived