(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

Sorry didn't have signatures turned on, cheers Mike!

No worries, I've got several hours left tomorrow that I might be able to work on this. I'll try to get you something then, if not then sorry but won't be able to do this until the 11th.

Can i upload videos with this system to stream-playing the videos?

No only media urls that you would post within topics e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ&ob=av2e or when selected in your user group, the option to post embed codes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I have just got this addon and installed and i am getting this error on the main site when I have installed!

Fatal error: Call to a member function globalVideosHook() on a non-object in /home/quadfram/public_html/multikopter.co.uk/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/functions.php on line 218

please advise

A few things I would also like to see: Ability to arrange blocks in a max of three.

Also adjustments/additionsslideshow? So videos are not limited to 5 incase it doubles down due to screen resolutions. [*]Blocks (Thumbnails/links) Top Videos Top Viewed Videos Top Rated Videos Recently Added Videos Recent Comments something like this.. obviously where i've copy pasted recent videos, you could change those blocks, recent comments (top 10 recent) etc etc

[*]Latest videos block - scrollbar, or similar arrows to the ipb

frontpage

post-132758-0-02128400-1332034587_thumb.

This immediate update won't be able to include this but I will make note for the next version. By the way, haven't forgotten about the search results thumbnail, should have some code for you soon.

Awesome thanks!

Is there a parse template="menu" inserted anywhere for the portal index? I can't seem to find where to budge the menu elsewhere

Also another suggestion. When a video thumbnail is clicked, is there some way of having an anchor point so it goes straight to the video embed, and not just to the top of the page?

Making the thumbnails HQ as opposed to low quality..I changed

# Return url to thumbnail so image can be downloaded.

$video['url'] = "http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/{$video_id}/default.jpg";

from default.jpg to hqdefault.jpg (which should import hq thumbnails)

Is there something re-sizing and losing quality with the thumbnail whilst importing?

Awesome thanks!

Is there a parse template="menu" inserted anywhere for the portal index? I can't seem to find where to budge the menu elsewhere

I'll have those instructions ready tomorrow but my initial estimate of an end of March update may be delayed slightly. If the IPB 3.3 update requires any significant changes, I'll need to put development on hold to update my mods.

Is there something re-sizing and losing quality with the thumbnail whilst importing?

No modifications to the thumbnails on my end, just a raw download of the image.

• 2 weeks later...

The Videos System has been updated with a few new features and several more bug fixes.

New Features

• Option to add additional videos to each video page. Media tags supported only.
  • Option for category only categories.
  • The ability to set a video as featured on the main page. Option includes a prominent display for a single video or if multiple videos are set as featured, the global block layout will be used.
  • Integration with the new my media plugin.
  • Ability to add a url to a thumbnail image instead of uploading. Selection between automatic, upload thumbnail and enter thumbnail url has already been improved.

Bug Fixes (Links to my sites bug tracker)

Hello,

I have downloaded the application, I am happy with its functionality at the same time I think the application needs some more work on the layout to match the latest 3.3.1 skin. There are several areas which I have found to be non standard.

1. The landing page - compare with the Download application
2. The category list - again compare the same, use of font, number of items in a category..
3. Moderation buttons are on the blue stripe which is not standard
4. Comment field could be again matching the comment style in Forums (with a personal photo and a smaller field)
5. The red statement saying there are no comments at the time is not necessary and the red as a warning colour is almost never used elsewhere.
6. Detail View - the table on the right side could again match the current light skin of the IPB 3.3.1

post-124846-0-75486500-1334480390_thumb.