(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

Hello,

I've just bought this mod and it's really great thing. But I've got problem with error which appears during adding a video (when you click on "more options"):

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 54 in xxx/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/post/submit.php on line 337

The 337th code line is:

if( preg_match( "#^" . $row['mediatag_match'] . "$#is", $this->request['media_url_data'] ) )

Videos are adding properly in both modules: quick and more options.

Please help.

Im kind of hoping they might have a solution to the problem and can voice it here...

​I'm sorry for the delay on this, please check your PM as this should be installed now.

I've just bought this mod and it's really great thing. But I've got problem with error which appears during adding a video (when you click on "more options"):

​Have you made any changes to your media tags? I'm not seeing anything obvious on my test board so might need board details to troubleshoot this further.

​Have you made any changes to your media tags? I'm not seeing anything obvious on my test board so might need board details to troubleshoot this further.

No, I haven't. I use board in Polish language (UTF 8). It's strange because adding video is working properly, problem is only mentioned error message. I use IP.Board 3.4.7

The second issue that I've found was related to IP.Content block. I tried to feed latest videos and sort them by date submitted, unfortunately it wasn't working. I had to change in file admin\applications_addon\other\videos\extensions\content\feed_blocks\videos.php line 796 to:

$order	.=	"v.date ";

And now it's working correctly.

The third issue that I've found is related to IP.Content feed block again. Tag "r['content'] is displaying description of category instead video.

Edited by neoXs

No, I haven't. I use board in Polish language (UTF 8). It's strange because adding video is working properly, problem is only mentioned error message. I use IP.Board 3.4.7

The third issue that I've found is related to IP.Content feed block again. Tag "r['content'] is displaying description of category instead video.

​I'll need board access to troubleshoot the warning error further, I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks for the ip.content patch, I've added a bug report and included both fixes.

Hello Mike, in any forum post at the bottom shows the "Add as a video." He redirected to the form to add video, so I guess it is some settings in the video system. How can I cancel this setting?

​You can disable this hook in ACP > System Tab > Manage Hooks. Find and disable the "Videos System (Post As Video)" entry.

​I'll need board access to troubleshoot the warning error further, I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks for the ip.content patch, I've added a bug report and included both fixes.

​You can disable this hook in ACP > System Tab > Manage Hooks. Find and disable the "Videos System (Post As Video)" entry.

​Thank you Mike,

All it's OK now. Again great and fast support.

• 4 weeks later...

@Mike John- is it possible to use the middle block you have in the videosystem "portal page" - in another IP content page? What would the Parse code be?

​The block itself is built into the videos app source code and not swappable as you'll need it to be. Have you thought about using the ip.content videos feed instead? If that can do what you want, I can send over some code that should help display them in thumbnail block display.

​ Have you thought about using the ip.content videos feed instead? If that can do what you want, I can send over some code that should help display them in thumbnail block display.

​Thanks Mike - I would appreciate that. PM me the block. 

I have the sidebar block - but would need a double block as you have it in the middle of the Videos portal page. If custom work is needed I can pay.

03-02-2015 09-31-05.jpg

HELP ME!! I  have purchase video system but I can't download .
and I have to purchase again.
so,
Oh my god I have double paid money for 40$ *2 = 80$
and now I'cant download (M34) Videos System 3.0.3.
can you help me about my money back 40$ and download (M34) Videos System 3.0.3

​Has this been since resolved? I'm just looking through the purchase list and can only see 1 purchase made from your account and my account credit matches that. If your still having problems, please let me know and I'll pass everything along to IPS to check. (I don't actually have permission to manually refund myself.)

​Thanks Mike - I would appreciate that. PM me the block. 

I have the sidebar block - but would need a double block as you have it in the middle of the Videos portal page. If custom work is needed I can pay.

​I've sent you a PM with some code I've previously written.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Mike John Hi there :)  I don't know if this has been asked before, but will this be updated for IPS 4?  

Also, will this work with any video file as long as there are media embed codes added?  

​Yes working on the upgrade for it now. Don't have any estimates yet but you can track the upgrade here.

Yes if your using a media url, as long as the media tag is added in the admin cp it will work. You can alternatively post the raw embed code yourself or in some specific cases upload a video file to work with flowplayer.

​Yes working on the upgrade for it now. Don't have any estimates yet but you can track the upgrade here.

Yes if your using a media url, as long as the media tag is added in the admin cp it will work. You can alternatively post the raw embed code yourself or in some specific cases upload a video file to work with flowplayer.

​Very nice.  Thanks for the information.  

I've been waiting a long time to use the Video System and I'll be buying it once IPS 4 is released :)  

Hi,

Quick suggestion for Videos System! The board has a facility to import content via RSS. I use it on one community to import movie trailers from the Apple iTunes website RSS feed into a forum. Would it be possible to have Videos System import new videos into a category via RSS in similar manner?

Many thanks.