(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

Nope, I just uploaded the application to my sites server.

I'll need board details to troubleshoot this further. I don't have any solutions in mind yet.

I have the following sql errors. Seams to be, that the 'ranking' column is missing in my db. Please, help.

Try this patch, open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/search/engines/sql.php

Find:

$sortKey  = 'ranking';

Replace With:

$sortKey  = 'v.title';

I'll need board details to troubleshoot this further. I don't have any solutions in mind yet.

Try this patch, open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/search/engines/sql.php

Find:

$sortKey  = 'ranking';

Replace With:

$sortKey  = 'v.title';

Michael, I'll PM you shortly. Sorry for my delayed response, past few days I have been very busy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I consider buying this mod. I fail to see if I can on my home page (or any other page) to put in the right or left sidebar block with one or more selected videos. Without imposing any custom me. In this block to see Thumbnails, title of the video and Melting.

As in a sidebar block? Like the "Recent Blog Entries" or "Latest Files" blocks on these forums?

A default sidebar block is included for videos and shows where ever your sidebar is displayed, which is usually the left. If you need further information, I can put together a demo of how it works?

As in a sidebar block? Like the "Recent Blog Entries" or "Latest Files" blocks on these forums?

A default sidebar block is included for videos and shows where ever your sidebar is displayed, which is usually the left. If you need further information, I can put together a demo of how it works?

Thanks, I want to know if buying and using this mod, you can do block left or right sidebar. This block showing several videos - their small thumb, title of the video and still an item.

More importantly if I can add this block on every page that I want - for example, Home page, articles, forum ...

Thanks, I want to know if buying and using this mod, you can do block left or right sidebar. This block showing several videos - their small thumb, title of the video and still an item.

More importantly if I can add this block on every page that I want - for example, Home page, articles, forum ...

No not really, it just adds to the existing sidebar area. So you'll have that on the right side of most skins and the Videos sidebar block will just add to that. The block is movable or adjustable like that unless you use the included IP.Content block.

Michael would you be able to walk me through how to get the featured videos as a block on my homepage?

If your using IP.Content, it might be easier to use the feed blocks instead. There is a filter option called "Video featured" that will only show featured videos.

1. Open Admin CP > Other Apps > IP.Content > Blocks > Add Block.
  2. Select "Feed" and click next, select "Videos" then next.
  3. Enter a block title and then next, select "Videos" as content type and click next.
  4. Enable "Video featured" and click next until you've generated your block code to use on your home page.

Hello Mike, today I bought the module and am very satisfied. Congratulations.

Unfortunately I can not figure out how to solve a problem. I made a block to show the latest videos in the right sidebar. There, however, shows a picture of the author of the video, as I noted in the diagram. I want to show small thumb video. How can I do this. It is very important for me to show where selected videos but small thumb - for no one important avatar of the author.

post-532428-0-20083300-1413833724_thumb.

How can I show these thumbs in my sidebar?

post-532428-0-51136700-1413833914_thumb.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I can not figure out how to solve a problem. I made a block to show the latest videos in the right sidebar. There, however, shows a picture of the author of the video, as I noted in the diagram. I want to show small thumb video. How can I do this. It is very important for me to show where selected videos but small thumb - for no one important avatar of the author.

If your in an ip.content block, you can use either of these variables to display thumbnail content from a video.

{$r['thumbnail_url']} = Raw thumbnail url to thumbnail image.

{$r['thumbnail_small']} = Thumbnail image generated for you.

If your in an ip.content block, you can use either of these variables to display thumbnail content from a video.

{$r['thumbnail_url']} = Raw thumbnail url to thumbnail image.

{$r['thumbnail_small']} = Thumbnail image generated for you.

Hello, thank you, but now I have 2 questions.

1. Where to put this variable - somewhere in the template I suppose, but do not know where.

2. I sure would more clearly see this page if Video System and blocks to it. She has exactly those blocks that want to bring the page Home. Where can I find it in the admin panel?!? I could not find it in
Other Apps>Content>Pages. There is not Video System page :sad:.

post-532428-0-66998700-1413949306_thumb.

This page leads when pressing in the menu tab Video. I want to correct it and remove some of the blocks in the sidebar, while others do their slightly modified copies and put on the homepage of the site.

Thanks in advance.

If your using IP.Content, it might be easier to use the feed blocks instead. There is a filter option called "Video featured" that will only show featured videos.

1. Open Admin CP > Other Apps > IP.Content > Blocks > Add Block.
  2. Select "Feed" and click next, select "Videos" then next.
  3. Enter a block title and then next, select "Videos" as content type and click next.
  4. Enable "Video featured" and click next until you've generated your block code to use on your home page.

Thanks

Would you be able to tell me the code to make the template display exactly like it does in the video system? It's currently displaying like a feed for the latest posts and I really would like it to match the video system.

1. Where to put this variable - somewhere in the template I suppose, but do not know where.

2. I sure would more clearly see this page if Video System and blocks to it. She has exactly those blocks that want to bring the page Home. Where can I find it in the admin panel?!? I could not find it in
Other Apps>Content>Pages. There is not Video System page :sad:.

Instead of using the "Template Gallery", click the "Custom Template" option and then add your own template bit using the video thumbnail. I'm not experienced with IP.Content but here is a quick template I put together using an existing template.

<div class='ccsBase ccsBlock'>
	<h2 class='ccsBlockTitle'>{$title}</h2>
	<ul class='ccsGenericList'>
		{parse striping="generic_list" classes="ccsRow_1, ccsRow_2"}
		<foreach loop="$records as $record">
			<li class='ccsClearfix ccsPad_small {parse striping="generic_list"}'>

<span class='left' style='margin-right: 5px;'>
                                    {$record['thumbnail_small']}
                                </span>

<a href='{$record['url']}' rel='bookmark' title='{$record['title']}'>{$record['title']}</a>
					<p class='ccsText_small ccsText_light'>
						<if test="$record['member_id']"><a href='{parse url="showuser={$record['member_id']}" seotitle="{$record['members_seo_name']}" template="showuser" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}'></if>{$record['members_display_name']}<if test="$record['member_id']"></a></if> - {parse date="$record['date']" format="short"}
					</p>
				</div>
			</li>
		</foreach>
	</ul>
</div>

Would you be able to tell me the code to make the template display exactly like it does in the video system? It's currently displaying like a feed for the latest posts and I really would like it to match the video system.

See code above, let me know if that helps.

Can you show us the template block that appears on the page Video system, and the page with the forums. There is miniature thin frame. Furthermore rollover in miniature shows the name of the video, and in this template shows "Adminisrator."

I do not know if it is a bug, but this template changes the color of the footer. I want to use this template in the right sidebar, but stir the whole band and the blocks in the middle.

The reasons these ask for the code of the template that is in the video system.

Nope, it makes the block break for some reason, It also retains the same appearance as before.

Are you after the block design of the members box or a sidebar style list?

Can you show us the template block that appears on the page Video system, and the page with the forums. There is miniature thin frame. Furthermore rollover in miniature shows the name of the video, and in this template shows "Adminisrator."

I do not know if it is a bug, but this template changes the color of the footer. I want to use this template in the right sidebar, but stir the whole band and the blocks in the middle.

The reasons these ask for the code of the template that is in the video system.

Would you mind taking a quick screenshot of the area? I'm not quite sure what your trying to achieve here, are you wanting to edit the existing code in the videos system or create an ip.content block that looks the same somewhere?

I had to slightly adjust the template code - when I used it in the right sidebar, changing the locations of the blocks in the middle, the other blocks in the right sidebar and footer color.

<php>
// Make an ID for this template instance
$tmpID = preg_replace('/[0-9]/i', '', md5( uniqid( microtime(), true ) ) );
</php>

<div id='{$tmpID}' class='ccsBase ccsBlock'>
<h2 class='ccsBlockTitle'>{$title}</h2>
<ul class='ccsGenericList'>
{parse striping="generic_list" classes="ccsRow_1, ccsRow_2"}
<foreach loop="$records as $record">
<li class='ccsClearfix ccsPad_small {parse striping="generic_list"}'>
<span class='left' style='margin-right: 5px;'>
{$record['thumbnail_small']}
</span>
<div class='ccsGenericList_content'>
<a href='{$record['url']}' rel='bookmark' title='{$record['title']}'>{$record['title']}</a>
<p class='ccsText_small ccsText_light'>
<if test="$record['member_id']"><a href='{parse url="showuser={$record['member_id']}" seotitle="{$record['members_seo_name']}" template="showuser" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}'></if>{$record['members_display_name']}<if test="$record['member_id']"></a></if> - {parse date="$record['date']" format="short"}
</p>
</div>
</li>
</foreach>
</ul>
</div>

With this code, everything is OK.

post-532428-0-61154200-1414479040_thumb.

How can I add a row to the number of reviews?

Furthermore, when spend your mouse over the thumbnail to see the user group - in this case Administrator. Any changes in the code to display the title of the video?

Unexpected problem arose. I want to give the opportunity for all members to add videos, but with the approval of the administrator. In this case, after adding the video here shows this error page.

post-532428-0-03799800-1414484767_thumb.

Then it turns out that the video is added to the videos of the member that writes and wait for approval. But the administrator has no message for this video and the ability to approve this video.

If there is no option for approvals videos members add videos without any problem, but the controller has no ability to edit or delete this video. So anyone can post all sorts of nonsense. How can I delete them in this case?

Are you after the block design of the members box or a sidebar style list?

Would you mind taking a quick screenshot of the area? I'm not quite sure what your trying to achieve here, are you wanting to edit the existing code in the videos system or create an ip.content block that looks the same somewhere?

I want to display it beneath by sites articles, exactly like the video section.

So it would be a block design please.

In the picture, I'd like to display the featured videos exactly the same as it does in the video section. It would fill the space nicely and help to promote the video content section. Thanks for your time Michael.

I want to display it beneath by sites articles, exactly like the video section.

So it would be a block design please.

In the picture, I'd like to display the featured videos exactly the same as it does in the video section. It would fill the space nicely and help to promote the video content section. Thanks for your time Michael.

Code from my penultimate post might come in handy.