(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

In the meantime here's how to fix this error should you encounter it:

Goto Admin cp / look and feel / your template / skin_videos / portalindex

2cd1d1e4f493c46686d5f764bf956445.png

Now open the portal index and click on Variables tab ( top right)

6c132ba910a3592150dcc083b4b3b1db.png

Replace your variables with these and save :

$mainContent='', $categories=array(), $latestComments=array(), $tagCloud, $topRatedVideos, $lastUpdatedVideos

Now finally replace all the HTML in the portal index with the HTML attached to this post :

Seems a few people were having issues so figured i would share.....

html.txt

This is going to be a silly one. I have just updated the settings so that I can delete video, and also changed the Thumbnail sizes. Problem that I now have is that when I use the Quick Add Video and enter a You Tube link, it now takes me to the main add page and asks me for a title.

Before I messed with the settings the Quick Add Video would grab the title and description, and add the video automatically. I know I must have changed a setting to make this happen, but cannot for the life of me find which one.

Can you help me change this back so that using Quick Add Video just requires the link and category again?

I am looking for a system to help me create a collection of video tutorials. Would this system support the ability to have attached "project files" (zip file) that a user can download?

Also, what are the key differences between this system and "Media System"?

This is going to be a silly one. I have just updated the settings so that I can delete video, and also changed the Thumbnail sizes. Problem that I now have is that when I use the Quick Add Video and enter a You Tube link, it now takes me to the main add page and asks me for a title.

Have you changed any file or template code at all? Let me know a brief outline of the settings changed and will try to reproduce this.

I am looking for a system to help me create a collection of video tutorials. Would this system support the ability to have attached "project files" (zip file) that a user can download?

Also, what are the key differences between this system and "Media System"?

There are no options for attachments. I don't know much of the Media System apart from what's listed in the description, you would have to check with the mod author if it supports attachments. If it does help, I can setup a demo for you to play with.

Michael,

This is getting rather strange, and I am not don't think it is to do with the application. I went in to work today where I use a windows computer and added a couple of videos using the Quick Add, with no problem at all. At home though with my Mac, I get redirected to the main add page. I will try clearing all caches on the Mac to see if that makes a difference.

I have not changed any code or files though.

When I try to add new films I copy links from YT to box and automaticly system add <html><body><!--StartFragment--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj3KgQMJV6E&feature=player_detailpage">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj3KgQMJV6E&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a><!--EndFragment--></body></html>

Text which I thicken I try add... Can you help me?

Hello,

I have a huge problem with the encoding. My website has polish language and I have a specyfic characters of lang. I use UTF-8. Can you help me, because I have errors in coding. you can look at http://sport.traderzy.pl/videos/

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Are you having this encoding problem when changing the langauge files or when adding video titles/description?

When I try to add new films I copy links from YT to box and automaticly system add <html><body><!--StartFragment--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj3KgQMJV6E&feature=player_detailpage">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj3KgQMJV6E&amp;feature=player_detailpage</a><!--EndFragment--></body></html>

Text which I thicken I try add... Can you help me?

Can you link me to that video with the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Please, advise how to add the following stream video code:

<object id="mp75458" width="540" height="465"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://player.longtailvideo.com/player.swf?&amp;file=RT-24&amp;streamer=rtmp://live.tvtomsk.ru/live/&amp;autostart=true"><embed src="http://player.longtailvideo.com/player.swf?&amp;file=RT-24&amp;streamer=rtmp://live.tvtomsk.ru/live/&amp;autostart=true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" width="540" height="465" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I am adding this as "Paste Embed Code" but it shows only player and do not play video stream.

post-383686-0-87337200-1384289116_thumb.

I have added the test file to show that this is working code.

test.html

I have gone back in this topic to earlier this year to see if this was reported and there was a fix available. There wasn't as far as I could find. I have also reported this to Mike in the DEVFUSE Ticket System yesterday. I will cross post it here hoping to hear from someone with a fix. It is probably something stupid we are doing, but I need to ask anyway.

I have re-installed Video Systems 3.0.2 after upgrading my license yesterday, and am getting this error when attempting to set a category:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/fiji001/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/categories.php on line 116

When accessing the video system without a category available, I get:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/fiji001/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php on line 86

I am assuming the second error results from having no categories available.

Any suggestions for a fix?

I have gone back in this topic to earlier this year to see if this was reported and there was a fix available. There wasn't as far as I could find. I have also reported this to Mike in the DEVFUSE Ticket System yesterday. I will cross post it here hoping to hear from someone with a fix. It is probably something stupid we are doing, but I need to ask anyway.

I have re-installed Video Systems 3.0.2 after upgrading my license yesterday, and am getting this error when attempting to set a category:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/fiji001/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/categories.php on line 116

When accessing the video system without a category available, I get:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/fiji001/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php on line 86

I am assuming the second error results from having no categories available.

Any suggestions for a fix?

top one is php memory limit error

that happens when pm box is full, hes not blocking you or anything.