(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

Nothing major has changed in today's update other then the addition of Content Spy integration. To upgrade, you need to re-upload all the files, no need to run the admin cp upgrade. I'll be including more details when the official v2.1.1 release comes around. For those not aware of Content Spy, you can view more information here.

Content Spy an application that allows users to view a near-realtime stream of activity, with a full dynamic page of content, or in a mini-spy on the board index.

• 1 month later...

Is this forum using your video system? And if so can you customized something like this for my forum?

It doesn't look like it, unless they have modified it substantially. You can modify the layout yourself through the template bits but you would need to keep this updated yourself. I'm always looking to improve the layout. Just recently in v2.1, I changed the main page to a portal layout as opposed to a category category. if you have any specific changes you would like adopted from those screenshots, please let me know.

Hi michael, just a few pre sales questions:

1: from your replies here it seems any video in the media bbcodes is supported? Is this right? Actually, that's all I want the know

Yes the Videos System supports the media bbcodes you've added to generate the embed codes itself using the direct video link. You still have an option to allow embed codes but I usually don't recommend that. In regards to the video thumbnails, only Youtube and Vimeo are supported out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if this is possibly already 3.2 compatible or going to be? Thank you for your time!

Not tested yet but in most cases only skin changes are necessary. You can view my IPB 3.2 upgrade process here, I don't want to mark this as officially IPB 3.2 compatible until I've had a chance to go through everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update those looking for the IPB 3.2 version. I'll be updating the marketplace listing with this new version during the next several days. I'll be uploading as a new version, so you'll be able to download IPB 3.2 or the previous IPB 3.1 version if you wish. (Going forward as IPS phase out IPB 3.1.x, I'll be doing the same.) So those who still have an active subscription in the marketplace will get this IPB 3.2 upgrade for free.

• 2 weeks later...

When viewing a video, I get duplicated text in the links below the video

eg: "Find Find Members Videos" (also missing a ' character?)

post-202680-0-24140600-1313813082_thumb.

Would really love to see some IP.Content blocks included with this. Love the global hook but would rather it only appear in areas I choose (such as my IPC homepage, and place it as I chose, such as down the bottom or left column). Any help with this please?

The IPB 3.2.x Videos System has been upgraded to v2.2.1. This is a bug fixing update to fix the previous bugs that arose before and after the IPB 3.2 upgrade. A list of the bug fixes can be found in my bug tracker here. (External link)

Notable Changes:

• Content Spy integration for new and updated videos. View more on what Content Spy is here.

Can't find any purchase details for this account, if you've purchased on my site, please open a support ticket. I'll still save this as a suggestion, I do have a global block (displays horizontally) on the forums page and it shouldn't be too hard to use it in IP.Content as most of the code is already there.

Love this add-on and been using it for months. Downloaded and installed M32-version 2.2.1 earlier this week.

My site is hosted at IPB and they recently upgraded me to IPB 3.2.2 and bunped me to a bigger/better server. Videos Server continues to work fine but...

IPB is now wanting to install some sort of Sphynx search engine for me. They tried the update last night and sent me the following:

Well, we have a small problem. That addon you have which is named (M32) Videos System 2.2.1 is throwing the following error when I try to build the sphinx.conf file:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/planetch/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/sphinxTemplate.php on line 85

If you weren't using it I'd say to just uninstall it. But I see you're putting it to good use, so that's out.

Can you please contact the author of that application and see if there's an update available, and apply it? Pass that error to him if he doesn't have it. Then let us know as soon as it's resolved?

We do need to get Sphinx installed with that post count of yours, and I want to make sure that's done quickly so you can take advantage of the search performance enhancement.

Whatdoyathink?

This was fixed before but looks like it's popped up again. Will patch the files soon but here is a manual patch you can apply. If you need me to apply the edit, just let me know.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/sphinxTemplate.php

Find:

EOF;

Add after a few new lines. By pressing enter on your keyboard.

Save admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/sphinxTemplate.php

Very small question, but is it possible to have this working WITHOUT the Videos tab on the main navigation? ie. can I turn that off?

Yes is possible with all applications. I have the tab disabled on my own forum. If you need instructions, let me know.

And.... how much does it cost to have it brand-less?

The official support forums don't let you contact unless you are signed up over there.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check the permissions.

Hi John,

Apologies to not responding to you earlier. Your IP.Content block does the formatting from the PHP file it calls from the Sources folder. What I was after, was an IP.Content block that doesn't format the header.

If I look at most of the common IP.C blocks they use css to define their layout/box etc

<div class='general_box' id='recent_articles' align='center'>

<h3>{$title}</h3>

content content

</div>

What I was after, was a block for Video System that uses code/formatting bit more similar to the other blocks I've seen, which makes it easier for us to then change the formatting and display it how we wish. Currently it looks like a sidebar block (IPBoard), instead of an IP.C block

It's still calling a template bit at the end, in skin_videos_external > sidebarHookTemplate

Change

<div class='ipsSideBlock'>

<h3>{$this->lang->words['vs_board_videos']}</h3>

To

<div class='general_box' align='center'>

<h3>{$this->lang->words['vs_board_videos']}</h3>

If necessary to have differentiating code for the sidebar and ip.content, let me know as we can use an if statement for this.

Cheers. That would do what I want, but I will then not be able to display it in the sidebar hook (as well) because the hook will look different than the other sidebar items.

If the code was included moreso in the block, instead of sharing code from the sidebar hook, we could then easily make duplicate blocks each with their own formatting (with a bit of CSS for example).

For now I think I will try this, remove it from the sidebar and put on the front-page.