(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

Switcher to another video under the video frame is still not working if the title is in Russian, please, provide the solution.

I think the title could be in another language, but the title of the buttons must be in latin. I am using I, II, III, IV, etc. without problems. It actually looks pretty good :) Mike said it should be fixed in next version

Global bug with hiding comments

1. The first clicking of the 'Hide' command will redirect you to the IP.Content title page (IP.Content is the index page of the site).

2. The first clicking of the 'Hide' command is not actually hiding the comment.

Tested in IP.Gallery, Blog, Downloads, Calendar, Videos System.
Tested in Iron, Chrome, Firefox.
1 testing video without viruses (I hope) is available for download.

PS. The support request was submitted to IPS regarding others addons (IP.Gallery, Blog, Downloads, Calendar).

I'm quoting an old post - can't find the extras folder. I've looked everywhere else too - found the support topic for creating IP,Content block on your site, but can't read it because it is impossible to register there. For me at least - for some reason

The latest version now includes support for IP.Content feeds and plugins. Setup a feed and select Videos instead now.

Switcher to another video under the video frame is still not working if the title is in Russian, please, provide the solution.

I think the title could be in another language, but the title of the buttons must be in latin. I am using I, II, III, IV, etc. without problems. It actually looks pretty good :smile: Mike said it should be fixed in next version

Yes that's correct, still being worked on.

May i see some of your search results please becuase mine do not show up in google search results with a video thumbnail.

I have added improvements that help the result get listed as a "video" but I can't force Google search results.

The latest version now includes support for IP.Content feeds and plugins. Setup a feed and select Videos instead now.

That is what I did. Tried several times. No thumbnails. I managed to get the sidebar block to show in IP.content, but that is not a good solution as I would like to have different videoes in the to places.

Anyway - I'm still working on it in the middle of this page here http://www.fjellforum.no/page/index.html - guess there's an easy fix

Can you tell me what changes you have made to help the results and when the update will be , thanks.

Several meta additions (og, medium and meta_imagesrc), from my research they seem to be the most effective when trying to get listed as videos. But again, I can't provide guarantees with Google, they index how and what they want. v3.0.2 should be out very soon, I managed to get quite a few bugs fixed today. Only have a few more left now.

That is what I did. Tried several times. No thumbnails. I managed to get the sidebar block to show in IP.content, but that is not a good solution as I would like to have different videoes in the to places.

Anyway - I'm still working on it in the middle of this page here http://www.fjellforum.no/page/index.html - guess there's an easy fix

Have you tried using the $r['thumbnail_standard'] variable? Might be best to provide an outline of your ip.content code and I'll test it on my board.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small problem with the featured video block. I renamed mine to Video of the week, but now i cant unaprove featured videos.

I can only assume this is due to the fact i have renamed Featured video to Video of the week.

Any suggestions on fixing these please.

Thanks in advance.

I have a small problem with the featured video block. I renamed mine to Video of the week, but now i cant unaprove featured videos.

Sorry for the late reply. I've changed the language strings a bit in v3.0.2 and this should fix this issue as well. I've only got 1 bug left and I'm working my hardest to get this out ASAP.

Are deleted videos still in the sitemap somehow? I see googlebot errors in Google Webmaster Tools, when it tries to access the deleted videos. The errors were discovered today, while the videos were deleted maybe a month ago.

No and the only reason I can see is if the sitemap didn't rebuild the videos sitemap files. Check the cache/sitemap_videos_videos.xml.gz file and see when it was last rebuilt.

I've got this after update on the top of http://mysite.com/videos ->
Warning: Missing argument 7 for skin_videos_7::portalIndex(), called in root/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php on line 393 and defined in root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php on line 857
Warning: Missing argument 8 for skin_videos_7::portalIndex(), called in root/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php on line 393 and defined in root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php on line 857
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php on line 990
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
and index page of vidoe system looks totally broken
Help me please!

I've got this after update on the top of http://mysite.com/videos ->
Warning: Missing argument 7 for skin_videos_7::portalIndex(), called in root/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php on line 393 and defined in root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php on line 857
Warning: Missing argument 8 for skin_videos_7::portalIndex(), called in root/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php on line 393 and defined in root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php on line 857
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php on line 990
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at root/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_7/skin_videos.php:857) in root/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
and index page of vidoe system looks totally broken
Help me please!

I know exactly whats up here, you need to manually update your template