(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

By the way, Ivan! I've just purchased your translation and installed it successfully, but I experience charset issue when importing (quick add) videos from YouTube. Just get '??????' chars instead of russian chars. Any idea how to fix?

1) You need to have the data base connection in utf-8:

conf_global.php
$INFO['sql_charset'] = 'utf8';

2) You need to have data base in utf8_general_ci

6GcDd.jpg

AND db tables content in UTF-8.

To be sure that the data base tables content in UTF-8 you may need to use special converter to convert the data from windows-1251 (or any other) to UTF-8.

3) You need to set language settings to UTF-8
Xcgls.jpg

4) Check if server setting is UTF-8
rbWh4.jpg

5) You may need to add to the .htaccess
AddDefaultCharset utf-8

6) You may also need to reinstall the IP.Board and all its applications using the following settings.

All mysql tables are stored in utf8_general_ci, whole web-site is running UTF-8 charset, mysql connection is also running in UTF8. I guess something is going wrong with charset while fetching title and description from youtoube web-site... I will try to check importing code.

P.S. Russian characters in titles and descriptions work fine for me, but only when I input them manually. Imported titles and descriptions ara damaging (read above).

Thanks for groups settings advice... oh, kurwa... I haven't ever checked out *facepalm*

By the way, Ivan! I've just purchased your translation and installed it successfully, but I experience charset issue when importing (quick add) videos from YouTube. Just get '??????' chars instead of russian chars. Any idea how to fix?

I am confirming this bug of the product. This is not the issue of the language pack.

I has not noticed this before because I am not using quick adding.

Testing video is attached.

PS. Seams to be that author may want to investigate the program code for possibility of this issue in other places. It should be checked everywhere where it is possible to improt or manualy add non-latin characters

20130812_1827_42.zip

As I wrote above, video added in any case. In some cases as shown on video above, the result page is not the page of the added video.

I did as you said. There is no problem now. I will provide the information if there is the bug again.

Sorry just to clarify, it's always been adding the video but now since the edit it's redirecting to the video page?

Strange, it seems I'm missing "Delete video" in group permissions :sad:

I see this permission should be there, but I don't have this kind of permission. Why it could happen?

Permissions can be set in Admin CP > Members Tab > Manage User Group > edit group > Videos System.

Confirmed bug, patch below. Once it's fixed in v3.0.2, it will use the charset you set in your settings instead.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/mediaPlugins/youtube.php

Find:

require_once( IPS_KERNEL_PATH . 'class_xml.php' );
        $xml = new class_xml();

Replace With:

# Get xml class
        $xml = new class_xml();
        $xml->doc_type = "UTF-8";

Save.

I have some bug:

If title text in Additional Videos is in Russian - it will not work.

Working: attachicon.gif1.jpg

Not working: attachicon.gif2.jpg

Confirmed bug report here, this issue is pretty complex and can't be solved with patches. Fix will be included in v3.0.2 but I'll need to spend quite a bit of time making sure there is backwards compatibility. As I'll likely need to store the extra videos differently.

I have a bug:

Checking for duplicating URL is not working.

Test video is attached.

Thanks, will download once I get home and see if I can reproduce this.

Sorry just to clarify, it's always been adding the video but now since the edit it's redirecting to the video page?

Yes, I see the added video page and can play the video now.

I do not see the video itself sometimes after submit. After refreshing the page (Ctrl + F5) the video is appearing. But this is not always. And I think that this is my server or browser issue. But you can think about this also. I am using Chrome and adding the links from YouTube generally.

Confirmed bug, patch below. Once it's fixed in v3.0.2, it will use the charset you set in your settings instead.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/mediaPlugins/youtube.php

Find:

$xml = new class_xml();

Replace With:

# Get xml class
        $xml = new class_xml();
        $xml->doc_type = "UTF-8";

Save.

I have changed in the same way here:
admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/mediaPlugins/youtubeshort.php
admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/mediaPlugins/vimeo.php
admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/mediaPlugins/youtube.php

The problem has gone now.

I do not know if something similar should be done for the:
vine.php
twitchtv.php
justintv.php
facebook.php

Confirmed bug report here, this issue is pretty complex and can't be solved with patches. Fix will be included in v3.0.2 but I'll need to spend quite a bit of time making sure there is backwards compatibility. As I'll likely need to store the extra videos differently.

I tested by adding the title in Russian language. It was also not working by adding in English and then changing the title to Russian.

Checking for duplicating URL is not working.

Did this occur after adding my previously mentioned edit? Because that edit would effect the duplicate url check. Do you have a test forum or live forum that I can take a look at this? Preferably with ftp login details as well. Each form error will need to be looked at to see why it's redirecting back to the form page when adding a video.

I do not know if something similar should be done for the:

Those plugins handle the data differently, so shouldn't need to.

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:44:38 +0000 Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'ranking' in 'order clause' IP Address: 128.73.116.150 - /index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT v.*, v.title LIKE '%league%',mem.member_id, mem.members_seo_name, mem.members_display_name, mem.member_group_id, mem.mgroup_others,xxx.* FROM xxx_videos v LEFT JOIN xxx_members mem ON ( mem.member_id=v.author_id ) LEFT JOIN xxx_core_tags_cache xxx ON ( xxx.tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('videos',';','videos',';',v.tid)) ) WHERE (v.title LIKE '%league%' OR v.description LIKE '%league%') AND v.cid IN(19,20,21,27,23,24,22,25,28,26) ORDER BY ranking desc LIMIT 0,25 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | xxx/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/search/engines/sql.php | [search_engine_videos]._videosSearch | 72 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | xxx/sources/classes/search/controller.php | [search_engine_videos].search | 544 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | xxx/applications/core/modules_public/search/search.php | [IPSSearch].search | 671 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | xxx/applications/core/modules_public/search/search.php | [public_core_search_search].searchResults | 173 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | xxx/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_core_search_search].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

When I am trying to search (selecting "Videos" in search options), I am getting SQL error again. This is rhe log when I am trying to search by word "league" or "legends"

When I am trying to search (selecting "Videos" in search options), I am getting SQL error again. This is rhe log when I am trying to search by word "league" or "legends"

As mentioned before, I'm unable to reproduce this error. Therefore I can't provide a fix, I'll need access to a forum with this problem to troubleshoot this further unless someone else can produce this.

I did not test it before. I am not sure.

If you confirmed that this is influenced, it should be another solution.

Chances are it is. I'll either need to troubleshoot this on your forum, if you can't provide forum access. Let me know and I can PM you several test edits to rule out each form error until we find which one is causing the problem.

I do not see the video itself sometimes after submit. After refreshing the page (Ctrl + F5) the video is appearing. But this is not always. And I think that this is my server or browser issue. But you can think about this also. I am using Chrome and adding the links from YouTube generally.

Regarding that chrome only bug, can you try the bug patch here. The report goes into detail about the problem.

hi, when a try to add a video as featured i get error : undefined !!

What browser are you using?

Please keep the bug reports coming, I'm working on v3.0.2 now and will be completed with 1-2 weeks.

The featured videos breaks the template. How do i resize the video that shows in the featured box? Or make the featured box so that is on the top of the portal above the sidebar block on one side maybe?

Change the "Featured videos dimensions" setting.

i am using Firefox 23.0.1 !

I can't reproduce this, please provide forum login details so I can test this.

another issue i think, a have some breaked caracters when adding a video from yt, my forum is french and i use utf-8.

Try this bug patch here.