(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

I hope some might be able to help me.

As mentioned earlier on in this topic, I would like to use this to entice posters. If I used one of the available supported video sites, would I be able to keep the video private and unique to my site? I don't know enough about Youtube, Vimeo, Vine or JustinTV.

Could I put forward these feature suggestions?

* The ability to allow the video system/vidoes to be viewed based on contributions to the community. I.E 25 posts in an active month would allow them to unlock all the content otherwise it would only allow the basic stuff.
* Ability to link in videos which are not supported but can be redirected in a new tab and it could display an uploaded thumbnail

Thanks

As far as I'm aware Youtube won't allow private videos to be embedded elsewhere. You'll have to double check but when I last researched this, the paid service by Vimeo does allow private videos to be embedded. I believe they also allow this to be restricted based upon domain urls, so you could enter your forum domain and have videos show on there.

* I'm not sure about a restriction based upon posts per month but a general restriction based on the number of total member posts "might" be included in future versions. This would be a setting you could set per category for example, I could provide an edit in the meantime. (Wouldn't be per cat but global.)

* This option would only require a url to be entered?

As far as I'm aware Youtube won't allow private videos to be embedded elsewhere. You'll have to double check but when I last researched this, the paid service by Vimeo does allow private videos to be embedded. I believe they also allow this to be restricted based upon domain urls, so you could enter your forum domain and have videos show on there.

* I'm not sure about a restriction based upon posts per month but a general restriction based on the number of total member posts "might" be included in future versions. This would be a setting you could set per category for example, I could provide an edit in the meantime. (Wouldn't be per cat but global.)

* This option would only require a url to be entered?

Thanks you've been very kind and helpful, I will look into Vimeo.

* I'm sure this would work :)
* Yes

Ah, I didn't think about that. Would it be possible to event this from happening? I probably wouldn't use hooks but the portal index might process a problem. No need to apologies :smile:

What about if the restriction was applied to the video view page instead? So they could view the video titles via the portal index and category view but when they go to view a video and have less then X amount of posts, they are presented with an error.

What about if the restriction was applied to the video view page instead? So they could view the video titles via the portal index and category view but when they go to view a video and have less then X amount of posts, they are presented with an error.

Could the error be a message stating they have less then X amount of posts? It sounds perfect!

Thanks

Could the error be a message stating they have less then X amount of posts? It sounds perfect!

Thanks

Yeah, so something like this.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php

Find:

//-----------------------------------------
        // Next / Previous Videos Check

Add ABOVE:

if( $this->memberData['posts'] < 25 )
        {
            $this->registry->output->showError( 'You need 25 posts to view this video.' );    
        }

Save.

Hello! I have an interesting bug, when I adding tags to videos with space (for example "my guides") And when I am clicking on the tag i have "Driver arror" and i see that the link of the tag now is "mysite.com/tags/videos/my%2Bguides/"

how can I fix this?

Can you reply with the full details of driver error your getting?

Yeah, so something like this.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/display/index.php

Find:

// Next / Previous Videos Check

Add ABOVE:

if( $this->memberData['posts'] < 25 )
        {
            $this->registry->output->showError( 'You need 25 posts to view this video.' );    
        }

Save.

Can you reply with the full details of driver error your getting?

When I am clicking on some tag which comprises 2 words, I am geeting Driver error, this is a full message of it:
There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

This is a meesage from logs:

Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 00:06:09 +0000

Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'ranking' in 'order clause'

IP Address: x.xx.xxx.xxx - /tags/videos/penta%2Beve/

mySQL query error: SELECT v.*, v.title LIKE '%%',mem.member_id, mem.members_seo_name, mem.members_display_name, mem.member_group_id, mem.mgroup_others,xxx.* FROM qwqw_videos v LEFT JOIN qwqw_members mem ON ( mem.member_id=v.author_id ) LEFT JOIN qwqw_core_tags_cache xxx ON ( xxx.tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('videos',';','videos',';',v.tid)) ) WHERE v.tid IN(11) AND v.cid IN(19,20,21,27,23,24,22,25,26) AND v.status=0 ORDER BY ranking desc LIMIT 0,25

First off , thankyou very much for simplistic yet feature filled video app.

I like the portal and all the features that ship with this app, however i have a couple of concerns....

* Shouldnt the "forum topics" post as quotes to not affect seo by duplicating content ?

* Could we have ad placements as hooks for this system?

Regards...

RSS-feed title is not language abstracted.

Thanks noted, I can include a patched file if really needed but there is quite a few strings missing. I'm working on v3.0.2 now, will have this fix included.

When I am clicking on some tag which comprises 2 words, I am geeting Driver error, this is a full message of it:
There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

This is a meesage from logs:

Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 00:06:09 +0000

Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'ranking' in 'order clause'

IP Address: x.xx.xxx.xxx - /tags/videos/penta%2Beve/

mySQL query error: SELECT v.*, v.title LIKE '%%',mem.member_id, mem.members_seo_name, mem.members_display_name, mem.member_group_id, mem.mgroup_others,xxx.* FROM qwqw_videos v LEFT JOIN qwqw_members mem ON ( mem.member_id=v.author_id ) LEFT JOIN qwqw_core_tags_cache xxx ON ( xxx.tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('videos',';','videos',';',v.tid)) ) WHERE v.tid IN(11) AND v.cid IN(19,20,21,27,23,24,22,25,26) AND v.status=0 ORDER BY ranking desc LIMIT 0,25

I'm having trouble reproducing this. I'll probably need board access to throubleshoot this on your end.

Bug: it is not possible to add video to subcategory if 'Add Video' button clicked on the title page of the Video Systems.

Video attached.

Could you give me a screenshot or a list of the settings you have set for the categories options tab? There may be a particular setting that's causing this.

First off , thankyou very much for simplistic yet feature filled video app.

I like the portal and all the features that ship with this app, however i have a couple of concerns....

* Shouldnt the "forum topics" post as quotes to not affect seo by duplicating content ?

* Could we have ad placements as hooks for this system?

Regards...

* Just to clarify it for me, would you mind editing a videos discussion topic how you would like it displayed? You may be able to actually achieve this with the existing settings. I'm no SEO expert, so if there are any improvements, just let me know.

* Would you want it to use the existing settings? e.g. forum view > category view, topic view > video view, board index > videos index.

I do not have the index page title. Please, advise how to add the language abstracted title like on the attached picture?

Open skin_videos > categoryIndex, at the very top add the following and save.

<h1 class="ipsType_pagetitle">{IPSLib::getAppTitle( 'videos' )}</h1><br />

I'll have this included in the next version.

Could you give me a screenshot or a list of the settings you have set for the categories options tab? There may be a particular setting that's causing this.

I have noticed that the video was actually added, but the result page of the form submission is wrong (as you can saw on the above video). Please, provide any adea of what screens with settings you may need.

* Just to clarify it for me, would you mind editing a videos discussion topic how you would like it displayed? You may be able to actually achieve this with the existing settings. I'm no SEO expert, so if there are any improvements, just let me know.

* Would you want it to use the existing settings? e.g. forum view > category view, topic view > video view, board index > videos index.

I have an error in the videos system when members use mobile devices:

Fatal error: Call to a member function menu() on a non-object in /home/*********/public_html/*******/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/functions.php on line 83

Also as for the seo thing:

I think it just needs to either post a snippet of the full content in the forums with an inner link back to the video system, or post as a quote.

I have noticed that the video was actually added, but the result page of the form submission is wrong (as you can saw on the above video). Please, provide any adea of what screens with settings you may need.

Edit the category that's causing the problem, at the top you'll see the Options tab, can you just provide a sceenshot out of that area.

I have an error in the videos system when members use mobile devices:

Fatal error: Call to a member function menu() on a non-object in /home/*********/public_html/*******/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/functions.php on line 83

Also as for the seo thing:

I think it just needs to either post a snippet of the full content in the forums with an inner link back to the video system, or post as a quote.

1. Rebuild your ip.board mobile skin cache in ACP > Look & Feel Tab > Template Tools > Recache Skin Sets.

2. What about surrounding the video description with the quote tags? You should be able to do this from the topic discussion setting already.

You said u need board access, I can give it to you. Give me your Skype or add me yourself: ion.tishina@gmail.com

Sorry I don't use Skype, either PM me or see here (Sets up an account for access to my support tickets..)

YN2Ur.jpg

Provided screen is for the directory shown on the video above. I have similar settings for all categories like this one.

I think this is the general situation when you are trying to add video starting not from the same lavel of category/subcategory or starting from another category. I must to test to say more.

There might be a form error that's stopping the form from submitting, can you try this edit and then re-add the video again and see if anything happens? Remove the edit once you've tested.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/videos/modules_public/post/submit.php

Find and Remove:

# Stop for any errors?    
        if ( count( $form_errors ) )
        {
            $this->mainForm( $type, $form_errors );
            return;
        }

Save.

As I wrote above, video added in any case. In some cases as shown on video above, the result page is not the page of the added video.

Find and Remove:

# Stop for any errors?    
        if ( count( $form_errors ) )
        {
            $this->mainForm( $type, $form_errors );
            return;
        }

Save.

I did as you said. There is no problem now. I will provide the information if there is the bug again.