(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

A media tag that works in the forums should work just the same in the Videos app. Could you send me this media tag so I can take a look at it?

I try to post in the previous message...... this why i get all sort of weird code at the end :-)

here again hoping it will come out OK.... I place the code in a code box here........ and before I press send the preview looks OK

Update.. after I press send nothing appear... lets try take 2 remove the _ after the HTTP

<iframe src="http_://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/7997612" width="512" height="421" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC;border-width:1px 1px 0;margin-bottom:5px" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen> </iframe>

Ideally I would like to be support in the media url bar...

As of today the videos we add are shown as thumbnail at the top of the forum home page, This is really nice

We have the possibility to link a video category to a specific forum

Request.

1 - Post at the top of that specific forum the thumbnails of the video for the category link to that forum OR add the side bar listing video specific to that forum. If that side bar could be an accordion bar that would be awsome. we could expand the side panel to see more thumbnail. When we click on that thumbnail the video will open, like a picture in a light box.

2 - Allow us to choose the default behavior for posting comment to the forum. In the Video options we can define if by default a post will be made to the forum or not. On the user front end we can overwrite this per video we add

Not language abstracted.

I would like to rate your program 3 stars out of 5 due to language strings issues, fatal error and poor English in language strings.

I'm not seeing any purchase data from your username, if you purchased through my site, you will have access to the support tickets.

I try to post in the previous message...... this why i get all sort of weird code at the end :-)

The media urls won't work with slideshare, there needs to be something common between the slideshare url and embed code in order to generate a media tag. IPB4 will support oembed to get around this. But until then, another way would be to enable embed code posting in your videos group permissions. (Only apply to trusted groups.)

I'm not seeing any purchase data from your username, if you purchased through my site, you will have access to the support tickets.

I am not the user. But I could access to your files.

Just wonder of how you do not want to improve of what you are selling...

Don't you think that I may be the translator, for example? Or otherwise got your 'product' from other man?

And the last thing: putting your linked copyright is the silly thing because as I saw it is full of bugs. I will put some of them in the next post just for the next generation coming after us.

1.jpg - `delete from featured` - can no be translated correctly since it consists of 2 different language strings.

2.jpg - all thumbnails are being automatically made aclinal. Thus some of them originally vertical are being distorted.

3.jpg - there is no gap after the year.

4.jpg - there is no video player shown just after submit. You need to refresh the page is some cases. Tested in Chrome with Vimeo.

6.jpg, 8.jpg - Did not see if it has any effect on anything. Are this working?

10.jpg - `Unapprove` - is not language abstrated.

I think I should stop here. Otherwise I will lose the faith into the mainkind.

Any idea of improvement? :sheep:

post-383686-0-72483500-1371980081_thumb.

post-383686-0-22374000-1371980214.jpg

post-383686-0-56027000-1371980324_thumb.

post-383686-0-94533900-1371980369.jpg

post-383686-0-69655100-1371980447_thumb.

post-383686-0-72970800-1371980507_thumb.

post-383686-0-10606800-1371980568_thumb.

I am not the user. But I could access to your files.

Don't you think that I may be the translator, for example? Or otherwise got your 'product' from other man?

I will only give support to legitimate purchases of my products, unless you brought it from my site or the IPS Marketplace you don't have a legitimate copy.

If your translating this for someone else, you could of easily contacted me beforehand to get access and then in turn report a list of the missing language strings. I've saved your list of bugs and will fix what's confirmed in v3.0.1.

Yeah, you should fix the fatal error in your product before you claim any copyright. Until then the files will be reported as brocken.

And the last question, why do you think that my copy is not legitimate if I not purchased it directly from you? Do you have any pre-sale terms?! You do not have. So?

Once again, I am not using your product. And I will not purchase until there is the fatal error in it desctribed above. And I think that your speed of improvement of bugs is to slow to say something more.

I got this error when trying to reply a PM in mobile skin:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'permissions is not an object' in /var/www/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php:1115 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php(1213): ipsRegistry::getClass('permissions') #1 /var/www/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/categories.php(72): ipsRegistry->__get('permissions') #2 /var/www/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/app_class_videos.php(30): class_cats->init() #3 /var/www/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php(1381): app_class_videos->__construct(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 /var/www/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/tags/videos.php(45): ipsRegistry::getAppClass('videos') #5 /var/www/forum/admin/sources/classes/tags/bootstrap.php(90): tags_videos_videos->init() #6 /var/www/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/moderate.php(49): classes_tags_bootstrap::run('videos', 'videos') #7 /var/www/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/app_class_videos.php(26): videosModerate->__constru in /var/www/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 1115

Also this error that happens sometimes when I (and other users too) try to login:

SOS-1372075373-U1.jpg

Please advise!

I am still considering of purchasing your or other's product. There is no auto converting into flash during upload in your product.

Make your product twice cheaper until you are reported of fatal errors and other serious reports at least. You are making buyers' systems compromised due to security breaches due to this errors. And write your product title as beta.

I am still considering of purchasing your or other's product. There is no auto converting into flash during upload in your product.

Make your product twice cheaper until you are reported of fatal errors and other serious reports at least. You are making buyers' systems compromised due to security breaches due to this errors. And write your product title as beta.

btw, that fatal error was fixed pretty soon, just not pushed in to update: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tracker/issue-831-error-on-language-change/

also, it is not that bad, language change still works after that, you just have one error screen. It is expected to have some rough edges when new version is released with a lot of new features...

btw, that fatal error was fixed pretty soon, just not pushed in to update: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tracker/issue-831-error-on-language-change/
also, it is not that bad, language change still works after that, you just have one error screen. It is expected to have some rough edges when new version is released with a lot of new features...

It is not true. The version is still (M34) Videos System 3.0.0 - the same as was with the error. And there is no notice from the author about any fix. He is just promising to fix in the future versions. I just know what I am speaking about since I tested this 'product' all last week.

This file is fixing the issue, but I suppose there is no update on Marketplace. Just on the author's site.

I got this error when trying to reply a PM in mobile skin:

Also this error that happens sometimes when I (and other users too) try to login:

SOS-1372075373-U1.jpg

Please advise!

The first error has a patch available here. Regarding the second error, this also has a patch here. This one is hard to reproduce but from reports I've gotten, this patch will work. Both will be fixed in v3.0.1, which I'm pushing to have released this week. If you need help apply either patch, I can apply them for you.

And the last question, why do you think that my copy is not legitimate if I not purchased it directly from you? Do you have any pre-sale terms?! You do not have. So?

I've already tried to explain my position but I can tell this is going to go in circles for a while. I'd recommend you look for alternative applications that will fit your needs. I don't think I can meet your expectations of what you require from a modder or this application.

To those who have purchased this product, I'm working as fast as possible to get v3.0.1 out. v3 was my biggest mod update yet and despite beta testing not all bugs can be found until widespread release.

One more bug for you. The dropdown list is hidden behind the player area. The video is URL video of the .wmv format from the same server. See the attached pic.

I've already tried to explain my position but I can tell this is going to go in circles for a while. I'd recommend you look for alternative applications that will fit your needs. I don't think I can meet your expectations of what you require from a modder or this application.

I am looking for the normal video addon. I will tell you my today experience from the pre-buy testing of your product:

1. I have Nginx on my server. The maximum upload video size can not be changed just in the built in setting of your addon. If I upload 37 MB wmv, for example, it will show no error and no file will be uploaded. Is it for 1-2 minutes small size mobile shaking videos?

2. You do not provide the auto conversion to flv like here. And this is strange.

post-383686-0-31868300-1372187634_thumb.

The first error has a patch available here. Regarding the second error, this also has a patch here. This one is hard to reproduce but from reports I've gotten, this patch will work. Both will be fixed in v3.0.1, which I'm pushing to have released this week. If you need help apply either patch, I can apply them for you.

That fixed it. Thank you.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method classVideos::video_block() in admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/portalPlugins/videos.php on line 28

Delete the admin/applications_addon/other/videos/extensions/portalPlugins/ folder for now, the new version includes an updated plugin files.

Seams to be that the Marketplace files of this release are very different from the provided on the author's site. And the author is not going to improve this situation. We should push him on any bug here even if the bug was improved and there is the fix on the author's site. We call this attitude disrespective.

Seams to be that the Marketplace files of this release are very different from the provided on the author's site. And the author is not going to improve this situation. We should push him on any bug here even if the bug was improved and there is the fix on the author's site. We call this attitude disrespective.

He has stated there is new release coming (3.0.1) that fix the existing bugs. This new version (3.0.0) has some major new features - hence the bugs. Please be patient -- all will be fixed.

My experience with this author is that he provides excellent support - much beyond many other author/vendors here..

I've bought your Video System. It looks awesome. As I see on the support topic there are some bugs. Could you tell me when the new version is going to be realised? I haven't installed the current realise and I've been waiting for a new one.

Within a few days, I'll continue into my weekend if necessary but it will be done soon.

The files on my site and the marketplace are completely the same. To do otherwise would be unfair to some of my customers. Yes I'll stage a big update in a few steps to avoid support overload. But if I have patched a file, I will update both sites within minutes of each other.

I've been creating mods for IPB for close to a decade now. I've dealt will probably a few thousand members, customers, staff etc.. and 99.5% of them have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. But you sir have been one of the worst. You openly flaunt that your using my application without buying it and then you expect me to reply to your support questions. Even that I can let pass but your attitude is what turns off a lot of modders from IPB.

I've tried to be patient and professional with you but I suggest looking elsewhere. As a matter of principle I can't support you.