(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

• 3 weeks later...

Michael does this support actual video uploads?

I'm hoping to add a content side to my website, which members can subscribe too and I don't want to charge them but use posting as a method for them to obtain permission to see the videos. 30 posts a month = free Video Subscription :/ I assume this would need additional features to be suitable.

Michael does this support actual video uploads?

I'm hoping to add a content side to my website, which members can subscribe too and I don't want to charge them but use posting as a method for them to obtain permission to see the videos. 30 posts a month = free Video Subscription :/ I assume this would need additional features to be suitable.

Currently no it doesn't

Mike, any plans to add tags for videos?

I believe this is a much needed addition and would be grateful if that was added in the future. Looking for an ability to limit categories but give users a better way to search for the videos they want to watch by tags.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes support for IPB's tag system is included in v3. (Due for release soon.)

Hi Mike, any idea when this soon will be? I have a couple of modules to implement on my website and I am trying to schedule the order in which I do it. Videos is top priority for me, but I will put it aside for a while if the new version will be coming soon.

If it is a week or two I will wait and do the other applications first. If it is more then a month I'll probably start immediately with the current version.

Sorry if I am annoying and impatient :)

Hi Mike, any idea when this soon will be? I have a couple of modules to implement on my website and I am trying to schedule the order in which I do it. Videos is top priority for me, but I will put it aside for a while if the new version will be coming soon.

If it is a week or two I will wait and do the other applications first. If it is more then a month I'll probably start immediately with the current version.

Sorry if I am annoying and impatient :smile:

1-2 weeks most likely.

• 3 weeks later...

Videos System v3 has been released and is a major update with several new features and design improvements. A full list of the changes and improvements can be found below.

View latest features and screenshots >here.

Report any bugs you find here or in this support topic.

Major Changes:

• The portal index has been re-designed and now includes latest comments, top rated and recently updated videos.
  • The category view has been re-designed and now includes a thumbnail or list view mode.
  • Comments have been upgraded to use IPB's own comments class.
  • Mobile skin support has been added for the portal index, category view, video form and view video pages.
  • Support added for IPB's tag class for videos.
  • Media tags have been added for Facebook & Vine media tags. Both of which support automatic thumbnail downloading.
  • Media tags have been added for the JustinTV & TwitchTV channel pages, both include the side chat box and automatic thumbnail downloading.
  • Support added for category or video following.
  • Support added for IP.Contents feed plugin (videos, categories and comments).
  • Support added for IPB's like/reputation class for videos.
  • Search support has been upgraded to include both video and comment search as well as tag search.
  • New quick add video option, enter the media url and category and the system will attempt to get the video title/description automatically. (Not all media urls supported.)
  • New "Post As Video" hook that allows you to extract media urls from a post and post them into the Videos System.
  • Some design improvements added to the global videos hook, including auto scroll and collapse.
  • Extra videos now supports setting own titles and an ajax switcher for changing the video without page load.
  • Featured videos area has been improved to include ajax switcher for changing to other featured videos and the option to show embed code on page.
  • Notification support added for add, edit, approve, unapprove and moderator pending videos
  • Basic video upload support added with flowplayer integration. No transcoding done, video must be compatible with flowplayer.

Other Changes:

• Data hook support added for add, edit videos and comments.
  • Optional setting to restrict duplicate media urls from being posted.
  • Per category rss feed export added for each category.
  • Support added for the furlRedirect plugin.
  • Support added for the Quick Navigation plugin.
  • Discussion topic now uses tags from video if used and a thumbnail quick tag.
  • Cleanup tool added for orphaned and broken thumbnails and uploaded videos.

I upgraded this morning, and I can't get thumbnails to show up. All of my previous videos (and newly uploaded videos) have no thumbs. I must have done something incorrectly, but I don't know what! :lol: Tried rebuilding and recache, to no avail.

I upgraded this morning, and I can't get thumbnails to show up. All of my previous videos (and newly uploaded videos) have no thumbs. I must have done something incorrectly, but I don't know what! :lol: Tried rebuilding and recache, to no avail.

The thumbnail location settings were changed a little, if you did customize yours, you'll need to update your settings. Check both the Thumbnails upload path and Thumbnails upload url settings.

I have a customised skin - when I return my forum to original IPB skin I get the following message re: videos system -
Fatal error: Call to a member function menu() on a non-object in /nfs/c01/h06/mnt/8815/domains/phf.net.au/html/community/admin/applications_addon/other/videos/sources/functions.php on line 83

Could someone please help me identify how to fix this?

getting the following error on the Block

Fatal error: Call to undefined method classVideos::video_block() in/home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(458) : eval()'d code on line 1518

Had to disable the block to allow the site to work.

Help appreciated,

thanks,

steve k.

Purchase the video system and so far i'm glad with it

It cover few of the request i have

One i would like to see, is the support for slideshare.net presentation

I was able to make it work on the IPB Forum , but not as a media link or in the video comment

<iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/7997612" width="512" height="421" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC;border-width:1px 1px 0;margin-bottom:5px" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen> </iframe>

http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/7997612

[slideshare id=8383227&doc=welcomeandbusinessupdate-tonyaffusoandkarstennewbury-110621182234-phpapp02]

This is not in language strings. You may need to improve.

Thanks noted in a bug report, will have fixed next version.

One i would like to see, is the support for slideshare.net presentation

I was able to make it work on the IPB Forum , but not as a media link or in the video comment

A media tag that works in the forums should work just the same in the Videos app. Could you send me this media tag so I can take a look at it?