(M34) Videos System

Michael.J

Viewing a video, videos in the other videos sidebar, do not display thumbnails correctly IF you have entered a custom image url in the submission. Links are added on top of one another,

Known bug, fix coming early June in another update.

P.s your PM inbox is full :sad:

Thanks, should be fixed.

When I use Media URL from a Youtube video, the initial Thumbnail in both the sidebar and category listing displays the default thumbnail. However, if I click "rebuild thumbnails", it retrieves the correct thumbnail from Youtube. Any ideas? Don't wanna have to rebuild thumbnails each time someone adds a video!

1. Are these videos posted using the media url or embed code? If the later, then thumbnails will need to be added manually.

2. If your using media urls, are you using a support site like youtube or vimeo?

3. (Assuming your using Youtube and media urls) Open Admin CP > Other Apps dropdown > Videos System > Manage Thumbnail Sites. Now for the YouTube and YouTube (Short URL) entries, edit them and make sure it's linked to their respective media tag/bbcode. Now go and edit a video to see if the thumbnail is rebuilt, if so you can use the rebuild tools to rebuild all the thumbnails. If not, I'll need admin cp login details to take a look at your setup.

Worked for me... Maybe it'll work for you too ?

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue as above. If I rebuild thumbnails, all is well. If I don't, the thumbnails never update. Any fix?

Yes but will require some file edits, I can put together some or if possible I would like to apply them myself to test on a forum that can produce this issue. Either way, send me pm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great plugin! Happy customer.

One question, the ordering of videos, where can I select random order? I can see it in the drop down choice, above
the following quote.

[color=#969A9D][font='Helvetica Neue', helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What will be the default sort by for the global box? If random order selected, this setting will be disregarded.[/size][/font][/color]

Great plugin! Happy customer.

One question, the ordering of videos, where can I select random order? I can see it in the drop down choice, above

the following quote.

Thank you :)

It was removed due to resource usage concerns. If this is not likely to be a problem for your server or forum, I can provide a file edit to re-introduce it. Just let me know if you wanted it back in the global or member videos box?

Random Display - I was thinking, about the resource issue. How was this implemented? On a per user bases, per visit basis?

I would be happy with a regeneration of video order once and hour, for all users, maybe even once a day.

Would it be possible to have a "reorder every X hours" setting, where the user would choose the value of X?

Seems to have fixed itself, ill take a screenshot when/if it next happens.

Would suggest a connection issue with the thumbnail provider at the time but if it does occur consistently, just let me know.

Random Display - I was thinking, about the resource issue. How was this implemented? On a per user bases, per visit basis?

Would it be possible to have a "reorder every X hours" setting, where the user would choose the value of X?

Currently per visit, although I have some ideas how to improve it and re-introduce it next version. I don't have any plans to add a reorder for x hours but I'll research it further next release.

• 3 weeks later...