Private chat rooms

NVGADeveloper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for bringing back an old post, but this is really a nice suggestion. It's been a while since the last IP.Chat update, so you should definitely consider this feature for the next version!
I need this as well for my IP.Chat and a google search of this feature brought me here. :P

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree this would be helpful. Almost every chat software out there has the ability to have nearly unlimited chat rooms. Look at Ajax chat, FlashChat by Tufat and so on....

When you allow groups on your forum, there should be away to allow them in the chat.

However, I wouldn't stop there.

The admin should be able to make as many different 'rooms' with in IP Chat. For example, say it's a baseball site --- 1 room for each team so that fans of those teams could chat together in their own room.

Then add the groups on the ACP so that the admin can select which groups are allowed to access what room(s).

I believe this is the missing piece to IP Chat right now

• 1 month later...

I couldn't wait any longer and found a way to do this. Arrowchat allows the creation of unlimited chatrooms and fully integrates with IP 3.2.3.

I'm hoping that you guys really start looking hard at IP Chat because I know of at least one member (with a 250 user subscription) is not renewing the IP Chat license

• 4 weeks later...

well, i don't see many members coming to chat, even in this forum where their are like 800 members online at at a time, their are hardly any members in chat.

The current IP.Chat does not have any features except private chat and general chat :huh:

I would expect a new IP.Chat with much more features incl this come along with 3.3

well, i don't see many members coming to chat, even in this forum where their are like 800 members online at at a time, their are hardly any members in chat.

The current IP.Chat does not have any features except private chat and general chat :huh:

I would expect a new IP.Chat with much more features incl this come along with 3.3

I sincerely doubt the number of people in our (or any chat room) has any relation to "the number of features". People will use a chat room if they have a desire/need, not because it has a specific feature they are fond of. Most of our clients simply have more important things to attend to than sitting in our chat room here (which is simply intended to be a live demo anyone can check out).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you on this one.

I sincerely doubt the number of people in our (or any chat room) has any relation to "the number of features". People will use a chat room if they have a desire/need, not because it has a specific feature they are fond of. Most of our clients simply have more important things to attend to than sitting in our chat room here (which is simply intended to be a live demo anyone can check out).

BFarber - Could you please give us an update on IP Chat? Is there any news of an upgrade to allow multiple rooms? Or user created rooms?
I find it strange that all of these 'other' forum/board/chat systems allow unlimited chatters and unlimited rooms on their systems but IP Chat doesn't.

Archived