Chat needs idle kick

chilihead

If user is idle for "definable" minutes, kick user from chat.

I have names that take up space in chat because they log in and don't log out. It also throws the numbers off in the tab count and online user count at the bottom. The bottom will not show the user after the forum session has ended, but the tab at the top still has the number, because the user is still in chat (idle).

Options to either set definable minutes, or select to follow the forum login session time (so it kicks them when they disappear from the forum online list, thus, removing from chat list/count as well) would be good. Both would be good to be able to choose from.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Talizorah

Do you know if there is a way to disable auto-kick, or at least extend the time limit?

I'm paying for a 50 user limit, and users are very polite about allowing each other to chat and not flooding the chat. But the result is that users who don't speak often get kicked. It feels like users are kicked every 3 minutes of idle time, which is much too soon.

The setting is in the ACP and labeled "Automatically kick inactive users". It should be set to 360 minutes by default, but you said users seem to be kicked after 3 minutes? Coincidentally, 360 seconds = 3 minutes, so it may be that there's a bug there with time conversions. If you confirm yours is set to 360 (the default), but users get kicked after 3 minutes, feel free to open a bug report.

Guest Talizorah

The setting is in the ACP and labeled "Automatically kick inactive users". It should be set to 360 minutes by default, but you said users seem to be kicked after 3 minutes? Coincidentally, 360 seconds = 3 minutes, so it may be that there's a bug there with time conversions. If you confirm yours is set to 360 (the default), but users get kicked after 3 minutes, feel free to open a bug report.

My ACP has no option labeled "Automatically Kick Inactive Users".

There's only "Manage IP Chat" and "Chat Logs".

The options under "Manage IP Chat" include:

Group Access, Online/Offline, Moderation, Private Chats, Other Settings, Who's Chatting, Chat Rules, Tab Count, Log Management

There is nothing about kicking inactive users, or setting a time limit for users.

So, if 360 is the default setting, I have no idea where I would go to change it.

3 minutes = 180 seconds ;)

But yeah, bug report is best if you have the default setting.

Doh >.<

My ACP has no option labeled "Automatically Kick Inactive Users".

There's only "Manage IP Chat" and "Chat Logs".

The options under "Manage IP Chat" include:

Group Access, Online/Offline, Moderation, Private Chats, Other Settings, Who's Chatting, Chat Rules, Tab Count, Log Management

There is nothing about kicking inactive users, or setting a time limit for users.

So, if 360 is the default setting, I have no idea where I would go to change it.

The automatic user kick option was added in the very latest version and would be under Manage IP.Chat settings. If you don't see the setting, I would have to guess that either (1) you aren't running the latest version, or (2) you didn't properly run the upgrader when you uploaded the files for the latest version.

If you're on the latest version and don't see that setting, submit a ticket.

Archived