Community

Vince G.

(V88) Custom Forum Blocks

Where is the xml file for the blocks that come premade?

What I meant to say that in your previews you have a minicalender, recent blog entries, et cetera. Where's all this stuff?

Premade Blocks

In addition to the entire system there are dozens of pre made blocks that come with this modification for you to just impor them with a click of a button and you will have all the blocks you had before and more.

A quick list of the avilable blocks that come with the modification

• MetaCafe Videos - Example of using the metacafe videos inside a block
  • Youtube Video - Example of using the youtube videos inside a block
  • Who's Chatting - Display who is chatting block (Parachat, etc...)
  • Top Posters - Display top posters
  • Mini Calendar - Display a mini calendar
  • Displayed Only inside forums - A custom block that uses the include exception to be displayed only inside any forum
  • Custom Block - A custom block that uses IPB Editor
  • Watched Items - Watched items (Forum, Topics)
  • Latest Status Updates - Latest members status updates
  • Recent Topic - Recent topics
  • Google ads - An example on using google ads
In order to install them just import the XML file that came with this modification using the import tool in the custom forum blocks application.

Also, the "status update" sample box code doesn't appear to work. I get massive DB errors when I try to use it.

Specifically, I'd really like a working status updates box and, most importantly, a mini-calender.

Hey Cavadus,

That comment about the premade blocks was for the older version of custom forum blocks. the new version comes with the following sample blocks:

http://vadimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/index.html#sample

I can see how this is frustrating and misleading and i should've removed that comment from the new topic so i'll try to add more samples of pre made blocks to the above link this week/weekend from the list you quoted above. I'll also take a look at the status update block to see what's wrong with it and if it shows any errors.

What IPB version are you using?

Again, sorry about the inconvenience and confusion.

Hey Vince, thanks for getting back to me and I look forward to more sample blocks :)

I'm running 3.4.5.

Thanks again! This is definitely the best sidebar blocks app I've used.

Not all premade blocks working on IP.Board 3.4.6 as advertised.

Exclude/include not working with comma also: for example: showforum=1,showforum=3

act=idx not working either.

Not all premade blocks working on IP.Board 3.4.6 as advertised.

Exclude/include not working with comma also: for example: showforum=1,showforum=3

act=idx not working either.

I think you are looking at the old versions premade blocks. They were for previous versions of IP.Board. The current ones are at http://vadimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/index.html#sample

only 5 of them. the most wanted I needed is "watched items" (it was advertised when I purchased it) I paid $30 just for this block. I don't need any others, there are free custom blocks hooks in a market. Now I want to take from $30 as much as possible. I wanted to exclude or include some of the blocks, but it works only with one url. The comma thing doesn't work: showforum=1,showforum=3. It takes only one value and thats it.

If I'm not getting it fixed, I'm calling the bank for a chargeback.

only 5 of them. the most wanted I needed is "watched items" (it was advertised when I purchased it) I paid $30 just for this block. I don't need any others, there are free custom blocks hooks in a market. Now I want to take from $30 as much as possible. I wanted to exclude or include some of the blocks, but it works only with one url. The comma thing doesn't work: showforum=1,showforum=3. It takes only one value and thats it.

If I'm not getting it fixed, I'm calling the bank for a chargeback.

I think the problem is that you don't understand how the incude/exclude works. you need to put conditions on separate lines. your condition makes no sense what your conditions means is:

If the current viewed forum is 1 AND the current view forum is 3 then include/exclude.

What you probably want to do is to include/exclude the block when viewing forum #1 OR forum #3 which is done by doing this like so:

showforum=1

showforum=3

the above will test as:

If the current viewed forum is 1 OR the current viewed forum is 3 then include/exclude.

Regarding the blocks, first of all you posted your support question in the wrong topic. you have the IPB 3.3/3.4 version of the modification the support forum for that is:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/376162-im-custom-forum-blocks

As stated in the support topic above the custom blocks available for the IPB 3.3/3.4 version are the following:

• Recent Topics
  • Facebook Activity
  • Status Updates
  • Tag Cloud
  • Youtube Video

As seen here: http://vadimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/index.html#sample

Nothing was promised more than that, anything else i do is a bonus. If you are actually using the older version that you should have the default blocks listed in the older version support topic, really simple. all you need to do is read and understand which one you are using and what that comes with.

The $30 you paid is not going to make me richer, and you've definitely got what you paid for and probably beyond that. at this point i am probably just willing to refund the money. you've emailed me directly multiple times even though i asked you not to and to post the questions in the support topic (which you posted in the wrong one), you are asking for something that was never listed under the modification description for this version of the modification. it's not my fault that you misread things or thought what you wanted to think.

I hope that clears up things for you.

it should be act=idx or act=index. the site url of the forum index is:

site.com5/index.php?/index

if you put that in the check url thing it will output act=idx

yes. it does give the exact output act=idx, but i tried that already. and the other act=index. non worked.

Actually using the include/exclude feature will not work for displaying content only on the board index. so use this code in the block content and enter what you want to show instead of the 'BOARDS ONLY' and make sure the checkbox for Enable PHP is on.

<?php
$req = ipsRegistry::fetchRequest();
$isBoards = false;
if($req['module'] == '' && $req['section'] == '') {
$isBoards = true;
}
?>
<?php if($isBoards): ?>
BOARDS ONLY
<?php endif; ?>

I just bought this and am getting this error, Can I have my money back please?

· CREATE TABLE hyperspi_`custom_block` ( `id` int(5) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `align` char(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'top', `template` char(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'blank', `position` int(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `block_code` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `show_block` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `block_key` varchar(125) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `block_include` TEXT NULL, `block_exclude` TEXT NULL, `block_groups` TEXT NULL, `block_has_editor` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `block_php` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `block_js` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `block_template` char(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'blank', PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) ENGINE=MyISAM;

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`custom_block` ( `id` int(5) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `title` varchar(255) N' at line 1

Edited by Circo