Community

HeadStand

Super News Feed

Another issue I found is the calendar functionality. If I create a new event it will only be displayed that a new event is created - without the name of the event and a link to it. This issue is also valid for updating an event. Any idea?

This issue is "fixed" - if there is a special character in the name of the event like "Biker[color=#ff0000]'[/color]s day" the issue mentioned above happens.....

I have this problem with the latest versions of the Forum, Calendar and Super News Feed installed. Nearly all created calendar events show up on the feed without the event name & link. No special characters in event names.

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It includes a fix for the issue regarding "special characters" in event titles.

Please note that both the core application AND the Calendar plugin have been updated.

** Important Notice Regarding Support **

Please note that I will be going on maternity leave at some point within the next couple of weeks (I can't tell you exactly when, although believe me, I wish I knew!). If you post an issue or question and don't hear back from me, you are not being ignored... I'm just busy diapering, feeding, and doing all the other things that come along with this event. :)

I will be taking off for roughly 4 weeks (if everything goes smoothly), and I will post here within a day or two after the baby is born so that you are all aware of when this will start. I WILL be checking email/PM's/support threads periodically, but will ONLY be responding to critical issues (for example, if somehow a mod makes your entire site go down).

Thank your all for your patience and continued support.

Esther

I apologize for not getting around to posting this sooner.... It's a boy! :)

Baby was born on Monday, July 16th, at 8:35 AM, weighing in at 7 pounds.

I will be taking maternity leave for the next three weeks, returning on Monday, August 13th, on a part-time basis, and for support purposes only. I will be back full-time after Labor Day (Tuesday, September 4th).

Unless it is a critical issue (e.g. a modification is taking down your entire forum), all support issues will be handled - in the order in which they were received - when I return.

Thank you for your patience and your continued support.

Esther

Hello... Great mod thank you, :smile: and congrats and the little boy :smile:

when you get back from " Life " i was wondering when the news feed refreshes, up at the top the little animation thingy sits there and does its thing, i was wondering if it was possible to be able to turn that off, because after a time it just stays there ( the re-fresh loading thingy .... )

EDIT: The green one when you do a fast reply that pops up the top, that one, :

I don't know if I'll get any replies... but here I go.

i just bought the mod. This thing is awesome and make my community even more dynamic. My members are reputation crackheads. Any way to know from which post reputation has been given?

the gallery plug no longer works with the new versions, those who are doing a upgrade to the new gallery might wanna remove the plug for the gallery until its been resolved... just letting ya know :smile:

Cheers

IP.Content block can display comments from any database at the same time? because suddenly began to display new members, status updates, and nothing more. I have checked all options.
Maybe need some special configuration?

IP.Content block can display comments from any database at the same time? because suddenly began to display new members, status updates, and nothing more. I have checked all options.

Maybe need some special configuration?

I have a bug report for this - IPC comments don't work ONLY when you are using the forums for comments.

I am in the process of rewriting the IP.Content plugin, but it's not done yet. Bear with me please for a little longer.

I have a bug report for this - IPC comments don't work ONLY when you are using the forums for comments.

I am in the process of rewriting the IP.Content plugin, but it's not done yet. Bear with me please for a little longer.

Hi -

Does the IP Content plugin draw from the IP content and then output into the super news feed? The reason I ask is that I would like to create a customized ip content block to use outside the ip board installation, on our static website pages, that shows a super news feed for posts/blogs/events or even better, maybe a summary thing like 'there have been (4) post actions" and "(2) blog actions" and "(3) calendar actions"

Thanks and hope you are doing well.

Brian

Only for your information:

I just upgraded the ip gallery two times leaving the hook [HSC] News Feed - IP.Gallery enabled - the upgrade procedure didn't process to the end and stops during the upgrade. After disabling the hook I was able to reload the upgrade page and the process worked well until the end.

But - as far as I recognzied during online sessions - You have to keep this hook disabled!

Only for your information:

I just upgraded the ip gallery two times leaving the hook [size=4][HSC] News Feed - IP.Gallery [/size]enabled - the upgrade procedure didn't process to the end and stops during the upgrade. After disabling the hook I was able to reload the upgrade page and the process worked well until the end.

But - as far as I recognzied during online sessions - You have to keep this hook disabled!

Yea gallery 5 is not working in this at present, waiting for updates.. :)

New version available in the Marketplace, contains an updated plugin for Gallery 5.

Important Note: The Plugins folder now contains two separate folders for gallery. "Gallery" is for version 4.x, "Gallery 5" is for version 5.

Hi -

Does the IP Content plugin draw from the IP content and then output into the super news feed? The reason I ask is that I would like to create a customized ip content block to use outside the ip board installation, on our static website pages, that shows a super news feed for posts/blogs/events or even better, maybe a summary thing like 'there have been (4) post actions" and "(2) blog actions" and "(3) calendar actions"

Thanks and hope you are doing well.

Brian

Don't know how I missed this post. :sad:

The IP.Content plugin pulls new database records and database comments. You determine which database(s) it pulls from; there is an additional setting in the Configuration section.

Note that the IP.Content plugin is currently being completely rewritten - the current version does not support comments when the IPC databases uses the forums.

Hope this answers the question.

Has any changes been made to the reputation?

(like to include a link to the post that has received reputation)

No. Right now the reputation is not actually linked to the post - it is linked to the feed item. Doing the above is a considerable job, and I simply don't have the time to work on that right now. I will probably do it eventually, but no timetable.

This is being displayed as broken in the marketplace. Is it confirmed to be working with ipb 3.3.4 along with the most recent gallery update 5.0.1 thanx

That should be taken care of. Someone apparently reported it broken because they didn't understand the installation instructions.

To my knowledge, this application IS compatible with 3.3.4, and there are currently no known issues.

Is there an instruction available how to upgrade, e.g. only upgrading from the last version to the current one because of the new blog and gallery? Or do I have to upgrade all? What is the peferred way?

.....Update is working fine - I did overwrite all the files and made the upgrade in the backend. The only issue I have now: the navigation language on the activity page is still English even I made the translation in the backend......any idea?

Hi, your app is great and yes it is working on 3.3.4.

However, I changed its name to 'Activity Stream' and so I would like to rename the header 'News Feed' above where it says "See the latest activity around the community".

I dug through every skin file in "Look and Feel" and could not find these words. To change this, would I have to uninstall the app, remove the files, and then take a look at the files? Is there an easier way to do that?

%7Boption%7D

PS. I was the one who reported it as broken but I had Aiwa cancel the report a few minutes later when I realized it was actually working. Sorry about that.

I was confused because the instructions about adding code into the skeleton template contradicted what was actually in the template. However, it still worked even thought that step was impossible, so you might want to remove that part of your instructions.

Your instructions said:

Added this line to the skeleton template of each skin: <!--::newsfeed_getFeedData::-->

underneath: <!--::recent_topics_discussions_last_x::-->

However, the skeleton template had no such line and didn't even have any tags with <!--:: ::-->

But like I said, it worked fine without taking any such action.