Super News Feed

HeadStand

It should follow permissions. If you're seeing something that you think shouldn't be visible, please let me know, as that would be a bug.

No no, don't worry - I just didn't enable some forums as I wasn't sure. Done it now and it's working fine :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have purchased this.

I currently have two issues, One. It doesn't appear, and 2 It breaks my navigation bar

'>

I have followed the installation procedure properly, and haven't been able to get it to work. Yes i enabled, the hooks, and the application. Apart from the ones I didn't have.

I have purchased this.

I currently have two issues, One. It doesn't appear, and 2 It breaks my navigation bar

'>

I have followed the installation procedure properly, and haven't been able to get it to work. Yes i enabled, the hooks, and the application. Apart from the ones I didn't have.

1. What do you mean by "it doesn't appear"? Which page are you looking at - the board index? The main feed page?

2. I don't see anything broken about the navigation bar. Can you please clarify?

1. What do you mean by "it doesn't appear"? Which page are you looking at - the board index? The main feed page?

2. I don't see anything broken about the navigation bar. Can you please clarify?

What? In the picture you can see all the words are below the actual header.

And, www.divine-reality.net/lic It should be visible on the right hand side, but it doesnt' appear. The only difference I see is my header breaks.

What? In the picture you can see all the words are below the actual header.

And, www.divine-reality.net/lic It should be visible on the right hand side, but it doesnt' appear. The only difference I see is my header breaks.

If I go to http://www.divine-reality.net/lic/index.php?app=supernewsfeed I get an error. That should give me the main feed page, but it doesn't. To me that means that the application is not installed or enabled.

Also, as far as the navigation - this looks like something you have to take up with your skinner. I'm guessing that there's simply no room for that extra "News Feed" header and therefore the position gets changed. The app itself does not touch the navigation bar in any way whatsoever.

I'm not accepting any customization requests at this time, sorry. I'm completely booked.

No problem, and thank you for the response!

I have a quick question: I could have sworn I saw a site running this app with a sidebar on the feed page, like the ip.board community page sidebar. Is this a supported option, to run a sidebar on the right with things like recent topics, posts, etc?

No problem, and thank you for the response!

I have a quick question: I could have sworn I saw a site running this app with a sidebar on the feed page, like the ip.board community page sidebar. Is this a supported option, to run a sidebar on the right with things like recent topics, posts, etc?

It's built in to the app. Check your configuration settings - there is one to "show sidebar block".

It's built in to the app. Check your configuration settings - there is one to "show sidebar block".

Thanks again for the quick response!

Just to clarify one last time, I see this option in the image supplied:

Show Sidebar Block:

Enables/disables the “News Feed” sidebar block on the board index page.

I assume this isn't the option you are talking about though, because I'm looking for a sidebar on the actual News Feed page.

Edited by B.Money

Thanks again for the quick response!

Just to clarify one last time, I see this option in the image supplied:

Show Sidebar Block:

Enables/disables the “News Feed” sidebar block on the board index page.

I assume this isn't the option you are talking about though, because I'm looking for a sidebar on the actual News Feed page.

You're right, I completely misunderstood your question.

The app does not have its own sidebar. The site you're referring to must have customized it.

The only possible setup I can think of is that they were using the Portal app (3rd-party), had the News Feed in the center, and then other blocks on the side.

Is it possible to set a permission so you only see the news feed from people you add as a friend (or in the upcoming update follow).

You can filter it while viewing the feed, but you can't limit it to just that view.

Is there a way for the super news feed to appear on www.divine-reality.net/lic on the sideblock ? I enabled it, but nothing appears.

I do see the sidebar block on your site. Is this still an issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to purchase but want to make sure can this block actually be placed under the forums categories instead of sidebar? If you can is it just editing the block fields?

I'm a little confused. What do you mean by "under the forum categories"? You want it in the footer? What do you mean by "editing the block fields"?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi head stand, will you be updating to 4.0?

What are the chances of seeing an option to change the stream page to a facebook style timeline?

I have no idea which applications will be updated for 4.0. I will make that decision once I see the codebase for the new version.

I will take your request into consideration, although of course, you can technically skin the layout anyway you want.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had tried to contact the mod author for some custom work as it does not work with another mod but got no reply. I think the Content Spy is the better choice.

So what you're saying is that because I'm not available for custom work, therefore my tested, stable product is no good? I'm sorry, I think this post was unnecessary and uncalled for. At the very least, you could post the full story:

- You contacted me about this conflict with another mod. I DID reply and explained that this is custom work, and that I was not available for custom work at the time

- You contacted me a second time about this, and I admit I did not reply. I haven't forgotten. You're still on my list of pending emails. For personal reasons that are no one's business, I've got about a 2 month backlog. So unfortunately, I'm still not available for custom work.

Have you confirmed that Content Spy works with the mod in question? I don't see it listed in the official product page (http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/store/product/1-content-spy/). Just out of curiosity.

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased and installed this hook on my forum and have a few questions:

1. I have truncation turned off but images still show up as "" instead of showing the images. Emoticons are showing fine. Is this a bug or expected behaviour?
  2. When a member "likes" a post that appears on the News Feed, that "like" doesn't show up on the post in the forum and the user who made the post doesn't get a notification. I assumed that since comments made on a topic create posts in that topic that "likes" would carry over as well.
  3. This is more of a feature request but would it be possible to put in a toggle to disable the ability to make 'likes' and comments in the news feed? Also to tie it to group permissions would be nice.
  4. Another feature request that others have mentioned which I would also like to see is changing how reputation/likes appears in the news feed. Right now it says "member x has received 1 point". It would be more informative to have it resemble the notifications users get, something like "member x has liked member y's post in topic z" with a link to the post. Especially on a forum where the like system is used instead of positive/negative reputation, the information that so-and-so gained a point isn't very useful.