Super News Feed

HeadStand

Yes exactly, I would like to get the "what's on your mind" box on the super news feed to give it a more Facebook like feel to the page.

You can edit the skin templates however you like. You can find them in the skin_supernewsfeed group in your skin (ACP -> Look & Feel -> Skin -> skin_supernewsfeed).

Also, I use subscriptions plugin, how easy would it be to add when a new subscription has been taken out to the super news feed?

I run a paid membership system on my website and it would be nice for other members to see that others are taking out paid subscriptions on my website.

It's not difficult, but I'm really incredibly backed up at the moment (as you can see by how long it took me to respond to these posts!) I really hate committing to something that I'm not 100% certain I can keep.

On the news feed page, when you click like for example on a form topic / post, I would have expected when you click like that it actually liked the relevant post within the the forum topic (essentially I think the like buttons should be connected)

Does that make sense?

It's one of those things I've been meaning to do but never got to it. It will require a tremendous amount of work, and like I said... just don't have the time for it right now. Part of the problem is the way that the "like" system is implemented within IPB. There aren't any real hook points inside it, and it's going to be a mess. I'm hoping that this can be implemented when I upgrade this app for 4.0.

I think the issue with clicking comments is due to the following page error that shows in my console window of any web browser.

Unable to set property 'refreshRate' of undefined or null reference

Sounds about right. Is this happening only on a mobile device or on a desktop as well? Have you made any changes to the skin templates?

having issues with the comments on the status reports

the profile link fails as the link picks up the id of the status not the member

I'm unable to reproduce this issue. There are two separate links when a status is rendered - one for the profile and one for the status. They're right next to each other, so maybe that's where it's getting confusing?

There's an issue with re-importing all hooks that throws an error due to News Feed. I am using the latest version of NewsFeed that was released the other day. IPS provided the following information:

This error is caused by the "[HSC] News Feed - IP.Gallery" hook which adds a new column to one of your IP.Gallery tables, but doesn't remove it correctly so when you try to re-import the hooks it shows the error because the column already exists. I recommend checking that you're using the latest version of the News Feed add-on and then contacting the developer directly if it still happens in the latest version.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue. There are two separate links when a status is rendered - one for the profile and one for the status. They're right next to each other, so maybe that's where it's getting confusing?

thanks for reply

the first link is ok (the commenter)

however the second link is not (the profile one)

the third is ok (the comment link)

the second links to the profile of a member with the same id as the status shout not the correct member and when hovering shows the same - wrong user profile box

the error can be seen 'live' at davehybrids above site

http://www.travel-fans.com/stream/status-comment//stream/status-comment/

hover over the member called ade... link and you will see a completely different members box show

the same happens if you follow the link - you get taken to a different profile

thanks for reply

the first link is ok (the commenter)

however the second link is not (the profile one)

the third is ok (the comment link)

the second links to the profile of a member with the same id as the status shout not the correct member and when hovering shows the same - wrong user profile box

the error can be seen 'live' at davehybrids above site

http://www.travel-fans.com/stream/status-comment//stream/status-comment/

hover over the member called ade... link and you will see a completely different members box show

the same happens if you follow the link - you get taken to a different profile

Got it, thanks. I was looking at the wrong place. :)

I will fix this later today, hopefully.

Yes I ran the upgrade.

Yes this is for posts only.

Ive tried everything I know.

Thanks.

OK, let's try this: can you tell me how you approve the posts? Multiple posts at once? Using the checkbox or the approve button? Thanks.

my issue with the comments happen on the default skin on mobile and desktop.

I've attempted to get the update status box at the top of the newsfeed without much success - can you please provide a guide on doing this or provide it as an optional configuration?

Thanks.

my issue with the comments happen on the default skin on mobile and desktop.

I've attempted to get the update status box at the top of the newsfeed without much success - can you please provide a guide on doing this or provide it as an optional configuration?

Thanks.

So, you've made changes to the template then? Sounds like you may have accidentally removed the refresh rate from the skin. Please check the skin_supernewsfeed -> showFeed template to see if you have the following in the beginning of the template:

<script type="text/javascript">
ipb.newsFeed.refreshRate = {parse expression="intval($this->settings['hsc_snf_feed_refresh'])"};
</script>

What the... where did the rest of my post go?

In reference to this:

That's actually not a simple task and does require some development. Simply moving the status update box over will cause JavaScript conflicts and won't work. It will need some custom JavaScript and additional Ajax calls in order to work properly. I can look into adding it into a future release, but to be perfectly honest, that's not likely to happen within the next few weeks.

Got it, thanks. I was looking at the wrong place. :smile:

I will fix this later today, hopefully.

OK, let's try this: can you tell me how you approve the posts? Multiple posts at once? Using the checkbox or the approve button? Thanks.

Using the ModCP - You can only approve one by one using the button.

Thanks.

There's an issue with re-importing all hooks that throws an error due to News Feed. I am using the latest version of NewsFeed that was released the other day. IPS provided the following information:

This issue is confusing the hell out of me. The hook most definitely does uninstall the DB field properly. I have just re-tested it (multiple times) and have tested it using the "Reimport all hooks" as well. Everything goes smoothly.

1. How long ago did you first install the app?

2. What version of gallery are you running?

3. If you look in your /hooks directory, do you have a file called install_hsc_snf_gallery.php, and if so, can you please post the contents here?

hello and thank you for this great app,

i am looking to integrate the Social Groups addon, how ?

best regards

You can purchase that directly from me (it is not available on the Marketplace). Ready-made plugins are sold for $8.00 each. Please PM me if you're interested.

one more question please, i'd translated teh tabs titles but they still in english on the stream.page ! what i should do ?

Try rebuilding your feed_types cache.

1. Login to the ACP and go to System -> Tools & Settings -> Cache Management

2. Click the [HSC] Super News Feed tab

3. Press the "Refresh" button to the right of "feed_types"

Hi,

Any ideas - just had this tech support question in

Be handy for members to choose their privacy options I guess.

"Is there a way to hide the news feed from google? If I search my username, followed by the site name, I can find my profile page. However, even though I'm logged in as non active, and the "last online" shows as private, my news feed shows all my recent activity, thus giving a good indication of when I was last online."

Hi Headstand :smile:

Just purchased IP.Content and want to change the left tabs on the main feed http://www.travel-fans.com/stream.html

> Database comments and New Database Records.

I've tried editing the language pack but no luck.

Any help please...

Dave.

Fixed it :) Re-cached the templates...

FYI --

Database Comments do not show the comment in the feed ie; There is no exert like new posts/topics.

Would be great if this work like the other streams.

Thanks.