Super News Feed

HeadStand

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, is there any reason that when someone replies to a topic that some full replies show in the feed and some done.

The posts are truncated. This is because you don't want people who post essay-style posts that are pages and pages long to take up your entire feed. I guess this could probably benefit from a "Read More" link that takes you directly to the post. Hmmmm.... shouldn't be too hard to do.

Is there an available IP.Content block (that auto-refresh of course) to show configurable number feeds?

Unfortunately, no, not at this time. Multiple people have requested it, and it's been on my to-do list for a while, but unfortunately it just takes a lower priority than some of the other things I have going on. If only there were like 100 hours in a day. :(

The posts are truncated. This is because you don't want people who post essay-style posts that are pages and pages long to take up your entire feed. I guess this could probably benefit from a "Read More" link that takes you directly to the post. Hmmmm.... shouldn't be too hard to do.

Actually its something different. I found that if a member is moderated, once their post/topics are approved, they just show the title and not the full excerpt. If a member is not moderated a full post/topic title and excerpt shows. FYI

I guess that the super news feed is the beste choice for my goal. My vbulletin 4.2.2 board has the option to let visitors start in the activity stream page so they can see what the latetst posts are, does this extension do that too? before i buy it i want to know if i can achieve the same result with this extension.
thanks !

I guess that the super news feed is the beste choice for my goal. My vbulletin 4.2.2 board has the option to let visitors start in the activity stream page so they can see what the latetst posts are, does this extension do that too? before i buy it i want to know if i can achieve the same result with this extension.
thanks !

Yes, it does. You can set any app to be the homepage, so you can do the same here as well.

Hi i am interested in this too, can you tell me how to set SNF to be the homepage.

If you don't already have one, create a file called constants.php in your root directory (same place as initdata.php).

Contents of the file should be:

<?php
define('IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'supernewsfeed');

Save and you should be good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually its something different. I found that if a member is moderated, once their post/topics are approved, they just show the title and not the full excerpt. If a member is not moderated a full post/topic title and excerpt shows. FYI

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

I've just purchased and installed, couple of things though :

When browsing mobile theme I get the following error;

1)Fatal error: Call to a member function formatTopic() on a non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/supernewsfeed/sources/actions/newPost.php on line 112

2) how can I get the status update bar that appears on http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/statuses/all/ on the "news feed" page similar to how facebook does it.

Thankyou.

Pete

I've just purchased and installed, couple of things though :

When browsing mobile theme I get the following error;

1)Fatal error: Call to a member function formatTopic() on a non-object in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/supernewsfeed/sources/actions/newPost.php on line 112

2) how can I get the status update bar that appears on http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/statuses/all/ on the "news feed" page similar to how facebook does it.

Thankyou.

Pete

1) I'll look into that one, thanks. Off the top of my head though, it sounds like the templates are missing from the mobile theme, which is odd. Mobile isn't currently supported, but it definitely shouldn't generate an error.

2) I'm not sure what you're asking here. The link you gave is not to this mod, it's to a page from out-of-the-box IPB.

2) I'm not sure what you're asking here. The link you gave is not to this mod, it's to a page from out-of-the-box IPB.

Yes exactly, I would like to get the "what's on your mind" box on the super news feed to give it a more Facebook like feel to the page.

post-492731-0-31587900-1388620633_thumb.

Like above....

Also, I use subscriptions plugin, how easy would it be to add when a new subscription has been taken out to the super news feed?

I run a paid membership system on my website and it would be nice for other members to see that others are taking out paid subscriptions on my website.

Thanks.

Pete

Rory, one more thing :)

On the news feed page, when you click like for example on a form topic / post, I would have expected when you click like that it actually liked the relevant post within the the forum topic (essentially I think the like buttons should be connected)

Does that make sense?

Tried uploading a photo to gallery and it doesn't appear to show in news feed nor does commenting on a gallery photo

Also tried updating an event from Calender plugin and it didn't show on news feed

Also posted up a post with an image and it only showed the [attachment:6789] - would be nice to have a small thumbnail of the uploaded image

I think the issue with clicking comments is due to the following page error that shows in my console window of any web browser.

Unable to set property 'refreshRate' of undefined or null reference

I think I have sorted the issues with gallery feeds / calendar feeds etc... I didn't realize I had to enable each hook separately.