Super News Feed

HeadStand

I am having a problem with translation of some of the words. for example:

displayName_name (Display Names) - when I translate the word in the ACP Language Pack moderation, the translation doesn't show up in the application.

The same is wit the other 'left column' items. Is there any way this can be resolved?

I am having a problem with translation of some of the words. for example:

displayName_name (Display Names) - when I translate the word in the ACP Language Pack moderation, the translation doesn't show up in the application.

The same is wit the other 'left column' items. Is there any way this can be resolved?

Please have a look at the postings #316 and #319 in this thread.

The Blog actions were one of the main reasons I purchased this mod. So I'm upset that now I'm being told to disable all associated actions with no eta on the fix. Plus I was finally about to announce this to my members (after the 1 month of trying to get it to work with your support) but now I can't.

Frustrated.

I've updated the file in the Marketplace with a patch for the Blog plugin. No version upgrade necessary... all you have to do is reinstall the blog hook.

I am attaching the file to this post, but if you download the latest version you can also find it in admin/applications_addon/other/supernewsfeed/xml/hooks/blog.xml

Just install that file as you would any other hook, and - fingers crossed - this should resolve the issue. I still can't reproduce this, BTW, but as I do see where the exception is coming from, I hope this will take care of it. Please let me know if there are further issues.

Please have a look at the postings #316 and #319 in this thread.

Further to this, I wasn't able to locate 'All' word within the language pack for translation, is it possible it's been hard coded as well? It is the very first word on the left column of the module.

Great hook but you should include the permissions for what groups can see what, I installed this and a few days later realised users could see stuff being posted/replied in the admin section on my forum. I've removed the sections in the configuration but that's stopping me see things being posted in that section as well.

Hopefully you can get this added and sorted for me (I'm guessing others as well).

I have this issue:

In the global feed on the front page of my forum, if there's an updated calendar event displayed on the feed, I get a bunch of PHP warnings and errors, and the character encoding of the whole page gets messed up - all scandinavian characters become garbled.

Can anyone duplicate this?

Warning: No parent ID passed to /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/extensions/comments/events.php in /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/extensions/comments/events.php on line 277

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/extensions/comments/events.php:277) in /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/extensions/comments/events.php:277) in /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/extensions/comments/events.php:277) in /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/extensions/comments/events.php:277) in /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/ips/calendar/extensions/comments/events.php:277) in /home/oursite/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

I have this issue:

In the global feed on the front page of my forum, if there's an updated calendar event displayed on the feed, I get a bunch of PHP warnings and errors, and the character encoding of the whole page gets messed up - all scandinavian characters become garbled.

Please have a look at my posting #309 and the attached file in the next posting from Headstand. It should work after updating the file.

http://www.travel-fans.com/stream.html/page__feed_view_type__2

Some issues with member names missing and also their avatars, its important to note i have no forum friends, so it should not show anything...

I think the first part (missing names and avatars) happens if the user is "incomplete" - meaning, they have no display name, or perhaps they are still in a validating status. Is that the case?

Not sure why the other part is happening, I don't see this issue on my environment.

I think the first part (missing names and avatars) happens if the user is "incomplete" - meaning, they have no display name, or perhaps they are still in a validating status. Is that the case?

Not sure why the other part is happening, I don't see this issue on my environment.

Only my Friends' Activity

All that shows is MY (admins) activity, i am not validating or incomplete either, but i shouldn't even show up in the first place.

Great hook but you should include the permissions for what groups can see what, I installed this and a few days later realised users could see stuff being posted/replied in the admin section on my forum. I've removed the sections in the configuration but that's stopping me see things being posted in that section as well.

Hopefully you can get this added and sorted for me (I'm guessing others as well).

I have this issue:

I've uploaded a fix to the Marketplace for both of these issues. Just upload the files, no upgrade necessary.

One other thing, trying to change "News Feed" to "Live Feed" across my site.

I have edited all the language bits but this one still prevails...

Any idea how i can edit this? Thanks, Dave.

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.png

Latest patch includes this as well. After you upload it should take the language string from the public_feed word pack.

Only my Friends' Activity

All that shows is MY (admins) activity, i am not validating or incomplete either, but i shouldn't even show up in the first place.

I can't reproduce this to save my life. Please let me know if this still happens after you upload the latest files.

So after some more playing, it is only new images that have the name/avatar corruption.

When i upload a new image, the image doesn't show in any feed.

How can i wipe the current feed and effectively start it again, so clear old data?

Please elaborate on "when I upload a new image, the image doesn't show". Upload an image where? In the gallery? In an album? In a category?

To wipe the feed, you can empty the table in the database:

TRUNCATE TABLE ipb_feed;

Here we go again, where is the support, this is a paid product! You log in,how hard is it to write a 10sec reply?

It's extremely easy to write a 10 second reply, but that reply would be the equivalent of giving you the finger. A 10 second reply will not be helpful to you in any way, shape, or form, because the only polite thing I can say in 10 seconds is "I'm looking at it". You don't want to hear that. What you want to hear is an answer, and that takes longer than 10 seconds, because I actually have to research the answer, and then write the fix, test it, build the update file, and upload it. Far more than 10 seconds,

You should also know that being polite will get you a lot further than your nasty replies. When you post something like the above, the only thing that happens is that it makes me really really not want to support you. Yes, this is a paid product. Yes, you are entitled to support. I'm fairly certain that I do provide support. Nowhere do I give a response time, nor should there be any expectation of a response time. If you would like to have 24/6 support (I'm a Sabbath observer), with a guaranteed 24-hour window of response, I will treat you like all my other clients that do receive that, and charge you a maintenance fee.

Ok, ill try and explain better.

When a member uploads an image, it sometimes shows me as the up-loader, sometimes my uploads are shown in the feed as being uploaded by others.

In my friends only feed, images show that i uploaded, sometimes with a different username, sometimes images show from ppl i am not even friends with...

There is a huge amount of corruption going on.

I truncated the table, all feeds reset, except images, that has populated again, with old corrupt data going back months.

No other feeds populated, so is this an indication of the problem?

I have one small error coming up in regards to the ip.Content block. The app itself is working great, but using the block results in an intermittent error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class feed_rss in /home/edited/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/rss.php on line 14

I say intermittent because sometimes the page loads fine and the block displays correctly, but every now and then a page refresh gives the error. One more refresh after that and it works again.

Hello,

I wonder if there's any way to get rid the feed block. (mobile)

This is the block code:

$this->registry->getClass('class_localization')->loadLanguageFile(array('public_feed'),'supernewsfeed');
$feedCache = $this->cache->getCache('feed_index');

$expiration = $this->settings['hsc_snf_cache'] * 60;
if(time() - $feedCache['lastCached'] > $expiration && IN_ACP==0)
{
    $this->cache->rebuildCache('feed_index', 'supernewsfeed');
    $feedCache = $this->cache->getCache('feed_index');
}

if(is_array($feedCache['rows']) && count($feedCache['rows']) && IN_ACP==0)
{
   return $this->registry->output->getTemplate('supernewsfeed')->sidebarBlock($feedCache['rows']);
}

And I usually use this piece of code to hide blocks if some one is browsing from a mobile.

<if test="$this->registry->getClass('output')->skin['set_key']!==mobile">
bla bla
</if>

But how can I make it work with your code?

Thanks for any help.