Super News Feed

HeadStand

Since installing this mod, I've been having issues with my Mass Mail feature in the ACP. Emails are being delivered in garbled html messes even after checking the USE HTML option. Never before had this issue and even IPB support seem to be having trouble identifying the issue. Not sure if it could be the result of installing this mod or not, has anyone else had the same issue?

Since installing this mod, I've been having issues with my Mass Mail feature in the ACP. Emails are being delivered in garbled html messes even after checking the USE HTML option. Never before had this issue and even IPB support seem to be having trouble identifying the issue. Not sure if it could be the result of installing this mod or not, has anyone else had the same issue?

I can't think of any possible way that this application could be connected to that. You could always disable the application and see if that changes anything, but honestly, I'd be shocked if it were related.

Finally bought this app, and most everything is awesome! But now when a user uploads a pic into the gallery, they receive this error:

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Clicking the refresh link brings up a message that they don't have permission.

Uninstalled the app, and gallery uploads work fine again. Install the app, and back to the error. All relevant hooks have been enabled in all cases.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Thanks again for fixing this.

I have another bug, sorry :sad:

Both these language issues.

imageComment

has commented on {IMAGE} in {ALBUM}

newImage

has uploaded {IMAGE} in {ALBUM}.

{ALBUM} is not inserting into the feed.

It's also happening for the following:

New gallery albums -

New database records -

Is anything being done about this?

Finally bought this app, and most everything is awesome! But now when a user uploads a pic into the gallery, they receive this error:

There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Clicking the refresh link brings up a message that they don't have permission.

Uninstalled the app, and gallery uploads work fine again. Install the app, and back to the error. All relevant hooks have been enabled in all cases.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

What version of Gallery are you running?

Can you reproduce the error and post the contents of your SQL error log? I can't really tell much without seeing the exact database error.

Also, you can keep the app running and just disable the gallery plugin (it would appear as a hook called "[HSC] News Feed - Gallery Plugin"). This way you can have the app running without hitting this error.

What version of Gallery are you running?

Can you reproduce the error and post the contents of your SQL error log? I can't really tell much without seeing the exact database error.

Also, you can keep the app running and just disable the gallery plugin (it would appear as a hook called "[HSC] News Feed - Gallery Plugin"). This way you can have the app running without hitting this error.

I installed the latest version of news feed, and voila, it's working fine. :)

Hi HeadStand, can you please let me know if this is being delt with or if you are not addressing it at the moment, just need to know, thank you.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/325178-download-hsc-super-news-feed/page-15#entry2334914

It will be dealt with, but not until tomorrow or possibly Saturday night. Just insanely busy these last couple of days. Thanks.

I have fix this by removing the lines :

<a href='{parse url="app=supernewsfeed" base="public" seotitle="{IPSText::makeSeoTitle($this->lang->words['news_feed'])}" template="app=supernewsfeed"}'>{$this->lang->words['view_all_updates']}</a>

from template editors/skinnewsfeed/sidebar blok

I tried earlier to disable all apps. No difference. Looks like it isn't this Mod =)

On a separate note, in my activity stream for new photos posted, it's showing:

No photo...instead the {EXTRA} appears. What's the fix?

I have the same issue for all updates - I am using IPS 3.3.4 does anybody have a hint for me?

Found my mistake - was a change in the language file.