3.2 Wish list ...

Clickfinity

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as long as we are wishing, I second Shaun's suggestion in the OP about a kinder, gentler Article system. I'm trusting something is being worked out to make Content fill that request. I'm also sure it takes time to put something like that together, but I'm really hoping for sooner rather than later.

Yesterday I added my support to another topic, asking for a better way to import user agent data. That would really be great for people setting up new sites.

I've also asked for a better integration between the ACP and the upgrade script. Opening multiple tabs for the ACP and upgrade script works, but how about allowing us to perform upgrades from within the ACP?

And if an Archive system is being considered, please, please, please give us the opportunity to disable it or to determine what we want displayed from the archive. I found the vBulletin archive was absolutely useless. It was an archaic attempt to create a sitemap that only provided duplicated content. I only used the archive with vBSEO, when I could rewrite and 301 redirect the archive links back to the original topic/post. Many of us monetize our forums and also spend time creating or spend money purchasing custom forum skins. I don't want to have an archive link appear on the search engines, only to lead a visitor to a light-weight page. I want my visitors to see my site at its best and I also want them to see the ads placed on my site.

Archived