Download: Topic Preview on Hover

Matt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No we won't update it for 3.2.

Any reason why not? I still cant believe that IPB is lacking in the preview hover. I thought it was common practice now in forums.

Nothing more frustrating then having to click into threads, or as in 3.2, clicking a buttion and waiting for the preview to load.

Any reason why not? I still cant believe that IPB is lacking in the preview hover. I thought it was common practice now in forums.

Nothing more frustrating then having to click into threads, or as in 3.2, clicking a buttion and waiting for the preview to load.

We have already included a different topic preview in 3.2, this hook was only a test Matt made to experiment some things and he never intended to support/update it for future versions.

I believe Matt said anyone can take it and upgrade it so if someone wants to go ahead is welcome, I'll double check with him to be sure thought.

We have already included a different topic preview hover in 3.2, this hook was only a test Matt made to experiment some things and he never intended to support/update it for future versions.

I believe Matt said anyone can take it and upgrade it so if someone wants to go ahead is welcome, I'll double check with him to be sure thought.

Maybe I missed it, but I was not seeing a topic hover preview in 3.2 after I upgraded my site to it. There is a clickable preview in the form of a small down arrow to the right of the topic titles though.

I dont mean to be rude, but why do IPB keep the topic preview button? Why cant you drop it and go ahead with the topic preview hover?

Previewing a topic is supposed to be a quick option to see if you want to read it or not. I dont want to have to start pressing buttons waiting for it to pop up.

Maybe its a case that you dont want to copy other software, but topic preview hover I believe is an essential part of a users experience.

Please please reconsider adding this as a proper feature.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The opening topic preview is not as handy because it can only viewed in thread listings whereas a popup would be accessible in additional areas such as the board index. I think this should be updated for 3.2.x if not included by default.

.....was asked.... have done so....
bit of a problem here as the same template this hook calls is actually now used in the click...
which is why it looks so horrid on a 3.2 board.
also loaded up js that ipb already loads everywhere now.
packaging it, will attach right here.... had to duplicate the template and make a module to call it rather than the click one to make it look right in a hover popup(...it WAS updated lol, just not with the desired markup haha >.< )

We have already included a different topic preview in 3.2, this hook was only a test Matt made to experiment some things and he never intended to support/update it for future versions.

.... >.< didnt really have much choice Tera, matt, client needed it to look kosher....soz.... Still unsupported free mod.... ::shrug::
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived