Download: (SOS31) New Topic Rules

Adriano Faria

File Name: (SOS31) New Topic Rules
File Submitter: Adriano Faria
File Submitted: 15 Oct 2010
File Updated: 21 Feb 2011
File Category: Applications

This application will create a specific rule for the forums you want, so users of specific groups, set by the administrator, must agree before they are able to create topics.

Notes:

• BBCodes & Smilies allowed
  • No file or template edit required

Click here to download this file

i've have tried this and only thing that make me don't want to use it,when you agree to the terms and go to open a topic,then if you need to make another topic you have to keep clicking agree to terms i think it be better if this set a cookie are something so the poster don't have to keep seeing the rules and agreeing all the time,also people that have they unreal portal or IPS portal as default page have problems because when you click proceed it take you to the portal page instead of the topic page where you need to start the new topic.

P.S great mod as always :thumbsup:

Yes, it was made as a custom job and it is like it was requested. I must confess that I was a little lazy to change it... :D

Maybe in a future version I can use cookies.

Thanks for yet another nice mod!

If you consider adding this cookie thing - please be sure to leave the option to make people agree EACH TIME they try to create a topic as it is right now.

;)

Any idea why is not working with another modules http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/315335-download-topic-prefixes-for-ipboard-31/ ? Still looking into this problem. When you install topic-prefixes-for-ipboard-31 and on admin panel not work because the tab same place

You need to contact the MAKER of the mod m8, it has nothing to do with Adriano or any other contributor and can only be dealt with by the person who released it !
Sorry but none of us would touch someone elses modification and certainly never when it is a paid mod.
Contact No1 1000 about your problem as he is the developer of it :)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found another problem ^^ although if you have the boards main app (aka change the home page to the portal rather than the forums) and you click the 'I agree' button you get sent to the portal page...

If i can find the file edit you make ill post it, but at this time I can't find it.

• 2 months later...

Thank you Adrian for still working as this. If you have the time to code it I think the option to agree only once, before making 1st topic will be a great addition. Having to agree the posting rules each time before posting a topic is quite annoying especially on busy forums where members post often

Archived