VNC Feedback

tekguru

I must admit the VNC system is still being criticized on my site.

It still seems to work either:

• Perfectly (if set to show all unread content for every user)
  • Inperfectly where posts are shown that you've just read
  • Fail to show new posts reliably if you work across different PCs
  • Fail to show a new post of you viewed that post when not logged in.
I hate the system in it's entirety and if it was not nigh on impossible to do it I'd consider going back to vB on the strength of this alone. I still say it is not a 100% instant responsive database system like that in vB (or PhpBBS IIRC), those worked instantly, well and with no issues. The one in IPB is not reliable or consistent.

But who cares - ignore the thoughts of me and my users - we're only one small forum and every other site seems willing to manage with such an unreliable system. Oh and don't get me going on the multiple tabs again and not being able to set a default tab!

[I would duck to avoid the flack - but know this post will get ignored like all my others where I post my thoughts on the system]

But who cares - ignore the thoughts of me and my users - we're only one small forum and every other site seems willing to manage with such an unreliable system. Oh and don't get me going on the multiple tabs again and not being able to set a default tab!

[I would duck to avoid the flack - but know this post will get ignored like all my others where I post my thoughts on the system]

I can assure you posts in the feedback forum are not ignored, the developers do read them all :)

Archived