(DP34) Referrals System

DawPi

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I select "force mode", people can signup with no invitation (they don't need mail or link). Is it a known bug ?

No. Look at the settings:

Free: guest musn't enter inviter name
Force: guest must enter inviter name
Invite Only: guest must be invited by referral mail

Did you select second option, right? Could you give me link to your board?

Yes, I've used "force".

Nop for the URL but I've disabled your plugin for the moment -> http://labo.sixiemesens-lemag.fr I'm using the "spam answer question" to get a invitation system on my board. Not very practical to manage but it works fine :-) Here is an invitation code if you need to register : f3cbdef. I could reactivate your extension and give you an admin access if you need.

Stéphane

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

All my member referrals just become "Expired" even when the person registered from the referral link.
I've set the expiration time to 0.

Also, once the person registers, his profile shows the correct person who refers him, but it does not add the referral for the referrer..
​What is wrong?

Well, just found the reason of this. It's of course an error and it's fixed now. It was caused by small mistake in logs page in ACP.

I'm having an issue, I have my referrals setup with the groups which can refer and the system is online, also setup so people get points, 0 minimum posts, table: pfields_content, Data Source Column: eco_points

0 required posts etc. but when I add a referral manually through ACP, I don't get any points. I tried it for myself, adding some member as referred by me but my points stayed as they were.

You didn't read the description of this feature in ACP. It should be:
Table: pfields_content|member_id
Data Source Column: eco_points

Please try in this format and let me know if it help or not. ;)

I was recently using your mod and I discovered that if a user has someone else's referral link. They can sign out, click the link, sign back in, and it will count as a referral towards whoever's link it was.

Any chance I could fix this myself?

Also sometimes, I have to manually approve the referrals. Sometimes it's listed as Accepted and other times it's listed as Pending.

The referral link is only the link. This mod base on cookies stuff, so it's quite easy to cheat, but no one is perfect.

How to invite someone? I have now set my board to only accept invitational sign-ups: http://www.princessly.com/kingdom/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

But how to send the email?

It's quite simply. Go to the UCP, then click on the Referrals and then on the second tab named "Manage Friends". There you can find the form to send an invitations. :smile:
If you still don't know how to do this let me know. I'll record short movie for you or make few screenshots to explain this operation.

Yes, I've used "force".

Nop for the URL but I've disabled your plugin for the moment -> http://labo.sixiemesens-lemag.fr I'm using the "spam answer question" to get a invitation system on my board. Not very practical to manage but it works fine :-) Here is an invitation code if you need to register : f3cbdef. I could reactivate your extension and give you an admin access if you need.

It's impossible. Look at the screens:
pre_1377078058__2013-08-21_11-39-37.png'" alt="pre_1377078058__2013-08-21_11-39-37.png">
pre_1377078087__2013-08-21_11-39-51.png'" alt="pre_1377078087__2013-08-21_11-39-51.png">

Of course I can check your board for this situation, but I need your ACP and FTP.

This mod sometimes appears on register to enter the name who reffered and sometimes doesnt appear.

What option you select in setting called "Invite Type"? Standard skin or custom?

It seems like 1.1.9.4 is missing quite a few files? I just purchased it and the upload directory contains multiple directories and a single referrals.png file.

Archive:  (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en).zip
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/ReadMe.html   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_0.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_1.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_10.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_11.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_12.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_13.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_14.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_15.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_16.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_17.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_18.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_2.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_3.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_4.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_5.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_6.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_7.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_8.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/screen_9.png   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Screens/Thumbs.db   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/admin/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/admin/applications_addon/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/admin/applications_addon/other/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/admin/skin_cp/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/admin/skin_cp/images/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/admin/skin_cp/images/applications/   OK
    testing: (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en)/Upload/admin/skin_cp/images/applications/referrals.png   OK
No errors detected in compressed data of (DP34) Referrals System 1.1.9.4 [P] (en).zip.

All my member referrals just become "Expired" even when the person registered from the referral link.

Hey DawPi,

I still seem to have that bug when someone uses the referral link of an other user.

Referrals are listed fine if someone signs up the normal way and fills in the "Enter the referral name" field.

• 3 weeks later...

Daw -

We use referrals on our site for certain contests we hold throughout the year.

With that in mind, are you aware of a way to zero out the Top 5 Referrers for a certain period of time without deleting the existing database?

As an example, if we run a contest from January - February, I need everybody's referral count temporarily reset to zero. Then the Top 5 Referrer list would only populate new referrals added during that one month time period. Once that one month contest had past, the historic database would add in the referrals from that one month and it would go back to displaying the overall top posters.

Is this possible?

• 1 month later...

Hey DawPi. Great application. I am thinking of buying this but I will be updating my site to IPB 4.0 once it is released. Do you have any plans to update this to work with 4.0? I would hate to purchase something that might not work for me in a few months. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

This is a two part question:

1. In Manage Language can “Enter the referral name” change to read “Enter coupon code” , also, “You may or may not enter referral name” change to read “ You must enter coupon code or choose another package”?
  2. Can Referral System be enabled for individual store packages or in my case registration packages? Example on my registration page there would be one of four registration packages to choose.
  • Full Members (referral system not enabled).
  • Full Member with coupon code (Referral System enabled). From question one above, coupon code must be entered..

• Premium Member (Referral System not enabled).
  • Premium Member with coupon code (Referral System enabled). From question one above, coupon code must be entere.

Thanks

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but a referral badge like Ning provides would be an awesome addition to this plugin. I see that you've incorporated personalized referral links, but adding this as an additional option would be really cool. Basically, a personalized referral badge is created for each member, and then they can copy the html and paste into their websites, blogs, etc... These generate a LOT of referrals, and people tend to like using them on their sites due to the "cool factor". See below for an example.

post-499128-0-55613400-1386146585.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but a referral badge like Ning provides would be an awesome addition to this plugin. I see that you've incorporated personalized referral links, but adding this as an additional option would be really cool. Basically, a personalized referral badge is created for each member, and then they can copy the html and paste into their websites, blogs, etc... These generate a LOT of referrals, and people tend to like using them on their sites due to the "cool factor". See below for an example.

This is a great idea but i see that it has NOT been answered since the 4th Dec and its now the 17th hummmm I would like something like this for my forum but need to know what is happening with this one 1st.

DawPi do you have an answer PLEASE?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

just to mention (again): if you have critical error with any of my mods, please send me PM directly, not use the support topic. I'm here quite a lot, but not read everything when I'm busy.

This app is stable and works well from weeks, so I have lower priority than before for it. It doesn't mean that I forget. I'm listening now you guys, with new ideas, fix small bugs, answering on questions etc. Normal developer day. ;)

OK, back to topic.

Hi,

Is there any way to remove the following from the widget?

Sure. Go to the skin management -> skin_referrals -> hooks_dp3rsSidebarReferrerLink

Find and remove this part:

<p class="desc lighter">{$this->lang->words['dp3_rs_invite_ref_d']}</p>

Hi Dawpi.

I just purchased this and it is great so far. However, I am having a problem where "Enter Referral Name" is not showing up on the registration page. I was wondering if there was a fix for this?

What invite type did you choose in settings?

I know I know. This app need a little more love from me, but it must wait. I want to make it in proper way, with tests in my internal dev environment, so it must take more time than usual.

This is a great idea but i see that it has NOT been answered since the 4th Dec and its now the 17th hummmm I would like something like this for my forum but need to know what is happening with this one 1st.

DawPi do you have an answer PLEASE?

Yeah, I didn't answered immediatelly, because it's SUGGESTION, not a report about bug. I can't answer on each indvidual suggestion. Even if I do this, I can't guarantee that any suggestion will be incorporated to any of my mods. I have my own vision of this.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.
I use this mod with no messages limit and without sending invitations. Users just publish link and take referrals. Invitations is stuck in "pending" state.

And it would be very convenient if you will make option to get referral links with hashcode instead of member name or member id. And to not show referrer name in registration form in this case.

Archived