Couple suggestions

Aisha

1) When you try to ignore a user there should be options to block them from commenting on your profile and replying to your status updates.

2) My forum uses user then admin validation. Problem is that when a user changes their email then they must revaldate and then after revalidating via email they must be readmin validated which is very inconvenient so an option to remove this would be nice.

3) Ive seen a lot of complaints about furls flying around recently (actually I think all of them are from the same person :P ). I do agree with the issue they're bringing up and feel it should be fixed.

Thanks. (:

Guest CallieJo

1) When you try to ignore a user there should be options to block them from commenting on your profile and replying to your status updates.

I support this idea. Didn't think they'd still be able to comment on your profile and status. Shouldn't they be blocked somehow when under your ignore list? Or is there another setting for blocking?

2) My forum uses user then admin validation. Problem is that when a user changes their email then they must revaldate and then after revalidating via email they must be readmin validated which is very inconvenient so an option to remove this would be nice.

I support this idea.

3) Ive seen a lot of complaints about furls flying around recently (actually I think all of them are from the same person :P ). I do agree with the issue they're bringing up and feel it should be fixed.

Agree.

I support this idea. Didn't think they'd still be able to comment on your profile and status. Shouldn't they be blocked somehow when under your ignore list? Or is there another setting for blocking?

There is no way to block a person from commenting on your profile or status. I know there was a file edit somewhere to block someone from your profile but I forget where it is. Regardless it should be a part of IPB.

Thanks. (:

Thanks for that. :D

To make a further suggestion regarding this point if I may... IPS has stated that they will not change the URL structure in future releases and they will not support customers wanting to modify it on their own... So, given the lengths I went through trying to figure out the work-around, maybe you can make a sticky out of the thread containing the actual solution which nicely solves the problem and is only a small code edit.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/319448-can-tech-support-please-confirm-that-this-will-not-break-my-board/

This way, those that want to change the URL structure can quickly see precisely how to do it and IPS is not technically/officially supporting it, since it is a "peer-to-peer" solution? :sorcerer:

I've already had a PM from someone else asking for the proper code edit and I gave them the link to the thread where I posted it.

It's just a thought...

(btw, the way the thread containing the solution is titled, it's very unlikely anyone would find it in search)

Archived