IP.Chat Completely Unreliable

AtariAge

I am still getting [#CJOIN-0] and [#CSTART-0] errors regularly, which my users are increasingly unhappy about. I have also been getting [#CSTART-0] in my admincp when I try to refresh the chat logs, which has been happening consistently for the last 3 days.

Edit: Currently the error is [#CJOIN-0] or [#CSTART-7], the latter a new one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently still getting the issues but users are finding that if they keep refreshing they eventually get in. As someone said earlier, its bad but the users have become so used to it now they see it as a part of the process of getting into Chat! :unsure:

Its been good for the past few days as far as Im aware though and it just seems to have started again today.

Just to clarify: [#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

I still get "[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room" when trying to refresh and view the chat logs.

Are you able to access the chat room fine from the front end? If it's only in the ACP you may want to submit a ticket so we can investigate.

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh*

I need a chat that is available for members. This thing is working half the time.

Are you still having trouble?

We made some changes earlier this morning that should help (some log backup routines were running and taking a long time - we've added some code to manage that), but no one has posted of any issues in over a week. Are you still seeing regular issues?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this but...

Is it normal for the chat link to be very slow loading when clicked before it finally loads up the chat page after 1 minute?

My server is located in Germany - is the distance between my server and yours in USA an issue?

How can I improve this or is this all done on your end?

Thanks.

Sorry to bump this but...

Is it normal for the chat link to be very slow loading when clicked before it finally loads up the chat page after 1 minute?

My server is located in Germany - is the distance between my server and yours in USA an issue?

How can I improve this or is this all done on your end?

Thanks.

This is likely due to cURL not being enabled in PHP on your web server. We've discovered that running chat over the fsockopen fallback is significantly slower than when using cURL.

If the above doesn't mean anything to you, just pass it on to your web host and tell them you'd like cURL to be enabled. :)

As it has been well over a month since anyone has had major reliability issues with IP.Chat, I'm going to close this topic now, just for organizational purposes. If anyone starts having issues with IP.Chat again, likely the causes would be different from the causes here anyways, so we don't want to confuse ourselves. If you experience issues with your IP.Chat not being available, please submit a ticket. :)

Archived