Close to Moving Back to Vbulletin

RonR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way I really see doing this is by creating an overall Moderator group and making it a moderator of each forum and then allowing only the ability to warn users, and then for the report center allowing that group to see reports.

This method doesn't really make them full mods but they can warn users in those forums...

Edit-

Don't forget to set the report center settings in the group settings.

I rarely really use features as an admin anymore, but when I do it's not even close to straightforward or convenient in most ofr them. AAnd I had thought maybe 3.3 will improve some things, but despite it being stated that 3.3 would be much quicker to complete than 3.2, we still have an alpha version on this site and an EOL for 3.1 about the samwe time of year they always do the EOLs, which means this must not be close.

there is a rss feed for all reports yes?

would it not be possible to import the rss reports feed in to a moderating forum so that all reports can be read ?

haven't tried it myself but the theory seems good

With that, I also would want it to be marked as "Resolved", "Under Review", etc. with images next to the thread so we know if its been resolved or what not.

Please keep in mind there are dozens of features in IPB that are not in vb.

We are not, and never will be, a vb clone. We are not out to copy what another software has done. We have our own vision that is shaped by the community here based on feedback and suggestions, and this works well for us, allowing us to deliver what our customers want, rather than what another software package might have that our customers have no need for.

Just because something is in vb does not make it an automatic or good candidate for inclusion in IPB. %7Boption%7D

Several months back, when I was comparing various Board type applications, to use along with the website I was building, I specifically compared IPS with VB and for my money there is no comparison, which is why I am hosting on IPS.

I will admit sometimes I get frustrated because certain features will not work the way I would like, or it is taking me to long to figure something out. However most of the time it is me, a newbie. I want to blame someone else but blame rarely helps. I little patients and I'll get through :tongue:
Rick

Archived