Download: [HQ] Google CSE -lite-

InvisionHQ

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Have installed 1.0.3 on http://forums.arabianbreeders.net and it looks very nice -- except the results are in a dark font on a dark background, which doesn't match the skin or the settings I created for the CSE at Google. Where is this coming from and how can I modify it? (Yes, the engine is available to guests; I made it the default.)

it is possible to change the title: "Google Site Search" ?

[img]

[/img]

Sorry for my late reply.

To change the title, change the language string "context_search_google" (Used in dropdown) and "googleSiteSearchTitle" (Used in popup header).

Have installed 1.0.3 on http://forums.arabianbreeders.net and it looks very nice -- except the results are in a dark font on a dark background, which doesn't match the skin or the settings I created for the CSE at Google. Where is this coming from and how can I modify it? (Yes, the engine is available to guests; I made it the default.)

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.google.com/uds/api/search/1.0/a710474d1c15dbd2e7660ede91890213/default.css">

That code is placed in the <head> section after the search is processed. If that doesn't match your preferences, it sound like a Google issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the hook

it look awesome... but having problems

Whenever I am trying to search it is not showing me ads.. but when i search it on second time it shows me the google ads..

Can you please look into the issue

my url is http://spicyflavours.net

Thx

Saurabh

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. As I don't have an AdSense account myself, could you try the new javascript in the attachment, and see if that solves the problem?
The file "ips.googleSearch.js" should be uploaded in ./public/js/.

updated.... but with no changes...please do ck...

Saurabh

Just found this on a Google group

Hello,

Ads are designed to only be shown when your site's visitors actually

perform searches of their own. You can do default searches with

the .execute method, but users will only see an ad if they do a

subsequent search that they've entered themselves.

Please don't attempt to circumvent this behavior - doing so could be

considered a violation of the ads policy and be cause for suspension

of access to the API.

Thanks!

Adam

Due to the way this search method is executed, Google will classify it as an automated search.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

I have just installed the hook, it works very well and it also looks great.

I encountered one problem when opening the dropdown menu.

Can you help me with the necessary instructions for removing the blue background behind "google site search":

%7Boption%7D

Thank you.

Hi Martin,

I have just installed the hook, it works very well and it also looks great.

I encountered one problem when opening the dropdown menu.

Can you help me with the necessary instructions for removing the blue background behind "google site search":

Thank you.

In the template "imGoogleSearch" in Global Templates
Find:

<li class='special'>

And replace it with

<li class='app'>

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Martin

I have an issue: the string "Google Site Search" is in bold style, and I imagine it should be in normal style as the others options.

[img]

[/img]

Thanks in advance, Raúl.

Edit the language string 'context_search_google' in Core/System > public_global.

This is a great MOD thanks ! Is there a way of opening search results in a separate Tab / Window instead of a popup window which is smaller that using a full window.

This helps folks search through results better

If that's what you want, you can point your members to the Google/Bing search field they have about two inches above the forums search field, and they'll get the result in a new window.
Sorry to say this, but this is how this hook functions, and it will continue to stay like this.

Just installed this on my sandbox site - works great but I'm having an issue with Safari on my mac - the 'Google Site Search' text appears under the searchbox - it works fine in Firefox on mac though and on my windows desktop.

Im running 3.2.1.

post-208373-0-27528200-1313065426.png

I have IP content and really wish to have the results redirect to the code in my IP content page and not in the light box.

Do you have the code for it ready in an IP.Content page? If you do, it would be easy to redirect it there. Otherwise, this sounds like a custom modification request. Which I can do, you just have to contact me trough the right channels (PM).

I don't want to modify the string, I would like to eliminate the bold style of "Google Site Search".

You are not asking me to change something no one else have complained about. There is a reason why it's bold, and that is mainly to draw attention to it.
The choices you have are; a) Leave it as it is, or b) Change it to function the way you want. It's a fairly simple thing to do, and you wont loose it when you update this hook.

Just installed this on my sandbox site - works great but I'm having an issue with Safari on my mac - the 'Google Site Search' text appears under the searchbox - it works fine in Firefox on mac though and on my windows desktop.

Im running 3.2.1.

post-208373-0-27528200-1313065426.png

Yeah, I've noticed that too, but I assumed it was an IP.Board issue with Safari/Chrome (WebKit). (Which it is, as it will happen with other apps with long names)

Archived