Download: [HQ] Google CSE -lite-

InvisionHQ

Hi Martin, thanks, but still a bit off.

I uploaded the new version and installed the new hook, but now it doesn't appear in the drop down at all.

User groups are assigned, I should be able to see it, but no go.

Thoughts?

PM me your board address and enable it for guests, and I'll have a look.
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea ;) using the google site search, but when writing a new topic.

%7Boption%7D

# post new topic button works as normal
# search now button performs a search on what ever words are written in the topic title box
# search results in the pop up google results screen
# clicking links opens in new screen so you are not taken away from the topic you are currently creating

I have another idea, ill post it up in a moment

:)

Rich

alternatively, a hook which adds a google site search box just above the new topic box, so that while you are composing a new topic, you can research and search the site for relivent information without leaving the topic or having to scroll up to the general search box, it would make researching information a lot more usable when writing a new topic.
Search options could include search site only or search the web

search box should be available above the new topic box and above the quick reply box.
Ajax slide down for advanced search options (site search only)

%7Boption%7D

# highlighting text in the editor window then pressing 'insert' copy/pastes highlighted text in to the search box (if possible?) nifty as oposed to your usual copy/paste ;)

# site search or web search
# results displayed in pop up google box
# clicking links opens in new window

# for site search, advanced options available via slide down box, replicating the adv options
%7Boption%7D

This would obviously be a new hook/app but based on the work you have done so far, thoughts?

regards
Richard

Thank you for a great hook/mod....
I have one problem (not really a problem but rather need help with it)
My site is using diffrent language and even my custom search specified the language in custom search on google, but your hook is not using interface language from google it is in English...

How can I use the custome search language on your hook to get the search interface from google in my site language????

Thanks (I turned it off untill fix this)

Think Matt have broken IP.Gallery. All three of your images shows Luke (Matt's son) riding a bicycle :tongue:

But I did see these images before they where gone, and all I can say is that it will not be an update to this hook.
But I know Adriano Faria have a hook for 3.1 that shows a list of topics with a similar title. Don't think you'll have to wait long for the 3.2 update.

Thank you for a great hook/mod....

I have one problem (not really a problem but rather need help with it)

My site is using diffrent language and even my custom search specified the language in custom search on google, but your hook is not using interface language from google it is in English...

How can I use the custome search language on your hook to get the search interface from google in my site language????

Thanks (I turned it off untill fix this)

Thank you :smile:

I will look into this issue as soon as I can.

lol, but Martin it was a bicycle card in spokes hook :P those ARE the right pictures ;) lol j/k - hmm, I think Matt has fubar'd it

What I was proposing was a new hook based on your work with the google search you have done already. Its not a 'similar topics' search as such, but a site/web search tool for finding topics on words entered from the body of the topic you are creating. Allowing you to find other topics and information without leaving the topic you are creating. I am using a similar topics mod now, but it only uses the topic title for the search criteria and only shows results AFTER you post your topic, not while you are creating/writing it.

I can re-up the images tomorrow (they are on my work pc) if you want another look, its a hook I don't think has been done before, its not a similar topics hook, but a research/search tool while composing a new topic.

I get this error message:

Admin warning (Not visible to regular users)

The files required by Google Site Search is not properly uploaded. Please refer to the readme file for this hook for more information on how to set it up, or ask in the support topics.
If you don't want to use this hook, disable or uninstall it to remove this warning message.

Any suggestions?

Uploaded the file again and problem fixed.

Do I have to delete the /upload folder?

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried this for the first time, and for some odd reason, google ads do not appear at the top of the results the first time you search. BUT if you click around on the tabs (ie, to web, and then back to custom search) they magically appear. How can we make sure they appear the first time? Otherwise we're missing out on all adsense money.

Thanks!

I just tried this for the first time, and for some odd reason, google ads do not appear at the top of the results the first time you search. BUT if you click around on the tabs (ie, to web, and then back to custom search) they magically appear. How can we make sure they appear the first time? Otherwise we're missing out on all adsense money.

Thanks!

I can confirm the same on mine
  • 5 weeks later...

Open /public/js/ips.googleSearch.js

Find:

customSearchControl.setLinkTarget( google.search.Search.LINK_TARGET_BLANK );

Replace with:

customSearchControl.setLinkTarget( google.search.Search.LINK_TARGET_SELF );

Save

I'll make this into a setting in the next update.

How to make results shows in the same tab? I did change above line, I have newest version of this mod but it stils shows result by opening new tab (checked firefox and chrome).

Archived