Download: [HQ] Google CSE -lite-

InvisionHQ

Excellent plug-in, installed very easily (once I figured out I had to select all usergroups) and is running great. My only comment would be that the lightbox isn't large enough to allow users to see all the results at a glance, but that should be something I can fix myself. May look at redirecting to an IP.Content page or something also.

Many thanks - and I love the way it integrates into the existing search box, I'd been getting annoyed with having two!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have problems viewing the site on an iPad. Specifically, when you use the search bar it is supposed to pop up a google search results dialog. This sorta works, but the dialog doesn't seem to contain any entries, and the left side of it ends up offscreen.

From a member, not me - I don't have an iPad.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[u]Earn money with this using Google AdSense[/u]

If you want to integrate your Google AdSense account into these search result, you need to have a custom search engine (CSE) created for your site. From the CSE Control Panel you'll find a link in the left side menu that allows you to connect your AdSense- and CSE account together.

I have installed the hook and I can use search but no results for Customised Search and my adsense ads are not showing.

Any instructions available?

Great hook by the way.
Thanks

Quick note, not particularly important but wanted to note it. This is on Firefox.

Search. Scroll to bottom of results.Close search pop-up. Do another search - and the pop-up loads already scrolled to the bottom.

It's a minor point, but confused me for few minutes.

It'd be nice if the search box cleared itself when the search pop-up is closed.

Added to v1.1.1 :)

I have installed the hook and I can use search but no results for Customised Search and my adsense ads are not showing.

Any instructions available?

Great hook by the way.

Thanks

I haven't tried the AdSense solution myself, as I'm no AdSense user. Google pointed out in their documentation for this API that ads would be shown if the CSE and AdSense accounts where linked together

Note: If you supplied a Custom Search ID in the constructor, you cannot use this method. Instead, just enter your AdSense Publisher ID into your

CSE Control Panel

http://code.google.com/intl/no-NO/apis/customsearch/docs/js/cselement-devguide.html#_themes

Quick note, not particularly important but wanted to note it. This is on Firefox.

Search. Scroll to bottom of results.Close search pop-up. Do another search - and the pop-up loads already scrolled to the bottom.

It's a minor point, but confused me for few minutes.

I weren't able to reproduce this, but I did add some code to v1.1.1 to make sure everything was scrolled to the top when the popup is opened.

In version for 3.1.x links are opened in the same window. In new version for 3.2.x, links are open always in new tab .
It is possible that the new version to open links in same window?
Martin can you help me with necessary instructions for this change?
Thank you.

In version for 3.1.x links are opened in the same window. In new version for 3.2.x, links are open always in new tab .

It is possible that the new version to open links in same window?

Martin can you help me with necessary instructions for this change?

Thank you.

+1 for links opening in the same window. As its a site search, a new window should only open if leaving your site, plus there has been a lot of discussions elsewhere on why you should not open new browser windows, but I digress ;)

7.0.1, but it's been like this with previous FF versions and with the previous version of you hook as well.

Try v1.1.2. I changed the links in the search result to behave like other links posted by users. Links going to the same domain opens in the same tab, external links open in a new.

Hi, great mod, thanks.

I have one problem... The Google text doesn't appear in the drop down, only the radio button.

post-35543-0-93083700-1320493062.png

Any ideas?

Sorry about that. Fixed in v1.1.2.

Archived