File Category: Hooks and Plugins

File Information
Resource Type: Hook
Version: 1.1.4 (11004)
Compatibility: IP.Board 3.4, 3.3, 3.2 and 3.1

%7Boption%7D Please check the new
PRO VERSION!!!

Description
Google Site Search is a hook that adds Google's Site Search as an option to your search dropdown. You can choose who's allowed to used it, and if it should always be the default option.
The search results will be shown in a popup.

Earn money with this using Google AdSense
If you want to integrate your Google AdSense account into these search result, you need to have a custom search engine (CSE) created for your site. From the CSE Control Panel you'll find a link in the left side menu that allows you to connect your AdSense- and CSE account together.
Please note that I am not an AdSense users. This information about this ability is just pulled out of the documentation provided by Google.

Note
The version for IP.Board 3.1 is still available on the download screen, so be sure to get the right version!

Click here to download this file

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to get rid of the .DS_Store files

Saves someone asking what they are for ;)

Not sure how to get rid of those when I use the built in OS X archive tool. Will do some researching on that soon, unless you know :)

configured, enabled etc., but not seeing anything in the dropdown :(

Is it enabled for guests? If you could do that, I may be able to spot the error in the page source.
I did two test installations yesterday on different boards, and both worked immediately without any issues.

Thanks.

Uploaded 1.1 but just getting a page loading - never quite gets there.

Enabled for all groups.

I see that you've added your Google AdSense key. That's a feature I've no tested, as I'm not an AdSense user. Try to remove that key, and see if that makes any changes.

Hello Sir

Its Not Working On 3.1.2 ...

Plss tell Me wat Can I do ?

I going jump in here did you went and set up a "Google AJAX API Key" also a "Google Custom Search Engine ID" if these things not set up proper the hook will not work because when i first install mine it was giving problems to i sign up for both of those things and now it work perfect.

Can this be rigged to work with Adense?

Yes because i have mine working with my adsense account all you need to do is add the "Google AdSense ID" from which ad you want to show on the search list.Also when you setting up "Google Custom Search Engine ID" on the control panel on the left in the list you see somethign asking about "make money" that is your adsense you just do what it say google will do the rest...Bless

I see that you've added your Google AdSense key. That's a feature I've no tested, as I'm not an AdSense user. Try to remove that key, and see if that makes any changes.

Thanks - removed that - now I get a pop-up of my forums, with all menu's (including the default IPS menu dropdown) open

After doing some digging, it appear that the way to get AdSense to work in a CSE, you can not do it the way I thought. You'll have to connect your CSE- and AdSense accounts together from the CSE control panel.

v1.0.2 is out, which fixes the following issues; Fixed a bug were you could not do multiple search without refreshing the page. Removed the AdSense setting (See above paragraph). Also added a warning message to admin if it's missing an AJAX API key.

Great hook mine is working as it should i can see the ads in my search and now all groups can use the search feature...thx for great hook :thumbsup:

P.s I think the "multiple search" still giving problems because when you need to search again it's lagging and just showing loading till i refresh the page and yes i update to the new one you posted..bless

Great hook mine is working as it should i can see the ads in my search and now all groups can use the search feature...thx for great hook :thumbsup:

Thank you :) Glad you like it

P.s I think the "multiple search" still giving problems because when you need to search again it's lagging and just showing loading till i refresh the page and yes i update to the new one you posted..bless

If you upgraded from a previous version, did you remember to clear your browser cache? The old JS file may still be used by your browser.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Marko

What browser are you using? Tried a different one?

If this is for the board you have in your signature, can you enable it for guests, so I can see the issue first hand on your board?

Archived