Community

Kier's new forum script: Xenforo

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that's just the excitement talking. In the cold light of day, I doubt many could switch to an unfinished product regardless of how promising it is. Early adopters are likely to be new small

This has been an interesting, worthwhile discussion and many great points have been raised throughout. Nonetheless, I don't feel it's appropriate to host discussion of the legal dispute between Intern

As the saying goes "Stay tuned..." 3.2 was always going to be a refinement release. 3.0 introduced the new framework, 3.1 added much needed functionality so it's time to take stock and clean up our

As I've said elsewhere, competition is great for the industry as it pushes development along.

We took time out a few years ago to rewrite IP.Board from scratch using PHP 5 OOP methods in an "applications" top down framework. This has enabled us to build and deploy new functionality and even new apps quickly and efficiently.

We have had a good 18 months to mature this framework and the existing functionality so we're in a good position to move forwards. We have already written up our rough goals for IP.Board 3.2.0 and beyond and we're excited in the direction we're taking the software.

We have some great features and products on the horizon and we can't wait to bring you news of them. Trust me, we're not standing still and we'll continue to innovate and push the boundaries. After all, IP.Board 3 has already brought you integrated Sphinx searching, quick member pop-up boxes, Gravatar support, streamlined UI making use of javascript to reduce clutter, Facebook log in / status / link sharing ability, Twitter log in / status and link sharing ability, reputation system and much more.

We're always listening to your feedback and it always tailors our future plans. :)

Matt ... You guys should congratulate yourselves ... you came from behind and took the crown ...

in my opinion with Nexus you have just become the best forum option on Earth and taken the lead over VB ...

all you have to do now is to keep innovating faster and delivering great products so you can keep the lead. :D
  • Management

But you used prototype to do it so its still clutter :P.

use jQuery :P. The jQuery UI is amazing and moving forward very quickly. Thats reason enough.

It's not as simple as that. :)

We'd have to recode most of our JS, a lot of inline templates and force the change upon modders and skinners who would have to update their code accordingly. It'd have to be a major version (4.0, etc) change if we were to do it.

It's not as simple as that. :)

We'd have to recode most of our JS, a lot of inline templates and force the change upon modders and skinners who would have to update their code accordingly. It'd have to be a major version (4.0, etc) change if we were to do it.

I remember defiantly saying I'd do it when 3.0 was in beta (you might remember) but again for the all reasons you mentioned i didn't get round to it... you never know i still might do it :P.

Might just be me, but I'm not overly fond of the style at all. It's really bland in my opinion.. too white almost.

Same here. I prefer IPB's style ya its blue, but its dark and interesting. Their skin looks like a mobile skin. Ya its fast but there is really nothing of visual interest. What makes them stand out?

Everything is good except for the name

Ya what an awful name. They should have went with something else. Or even XF instead. lol

We have some great features and products on the horizon and we can't wait to bring you news of them. Trust me, we're not standing still and we'll continue to innovate and push the boundaries. After all, IP.Board 3 has already brought you integrated Sphinx searching, quick member pop-up boxes, Gravatar support, streamlined UI making use of javascript to reduce clutter, Facebook log in / status / link sharing ability, Twitter log in / status and link sharing ability, reputation system and much more.

Ack, I'm really hoping this list of "innovations" isn't going to be the guiding paradigm for future IPB releases. The strength of IPB is in its outstanding package - integrated gallery, IP.content, the upcoming Nexus, and the rest. I'm really hoping you guys strengthen core functionality in the forums (better photo handling and/or gallery integration), suite functionality (universal tagging), etc. If 3.2 rolls around and the focus is on more facetwit and notifications extended to the nth degree, I'm going to become disillusioned with the IPB product.

Same here. I prefer IPB's style ya its blue, but its dark and interesting. Their skin looks like a mobile skin. Ya its fast but there is really nothing of visual interest. What makes them stand out?

People still judge bulletin board scripts by their default skin? Who actually cares? As long as it's easily customizable via CSS and HTML, that's what's important.

People still judge bulletin board scripts by their default skin? Who actually cares? As long as it's easily customizable via CSS and HTML, that's what's important.

How many hours do you take to make this skin similar to XF one?
100?

isn't that tooooo much?
  • Management

thanks Matt. We all love IPB (otherwise, we wouldn't be here) and for me I get jealous when I see other forum software with features that I wish they exist in IPB.

for example, XF is very smooth and graceful when browsing, whereas IPB is a little bit slow :(

Well, to be fair - it's still relatively barebones -- few topics, few members (registered and online), few features with a fresh database. If we did a clean install of IPB and disabled a few hooks and features, I can guarantee you'd be quite impressed. :)

Seems like the the entire point of the first video is to show the fancy shrinking logo eye candy. I'd rather see the ACP functionality, not something that'll become annoying >_<

So far I've found most of their use of JS to be refreshing and well executed. Two areas stick out to me as being over done to the point where it's a hinderance -- hover category descriptions and the ACP login page...

Edited by Brandon D

Ack, I'm really hoping this list of "innovations" isn't going to be the guiding paradigm for future IPB releases. The strength of IPB is in its outstanding package - integrated gallery, IP.content, the upcoming Nexus, and the rest. I'm really hoping you guys strengthen core functionality in the forums (better photo handling and/or gallery integration), suite functionality (universal tagging), etc. If 3.2 rolls around and the focus is on more facetwit and notifications extended to the nth degree, I'm going to become disillusioned with the IPB product.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with our expected feature set.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with our expected feature set.

I always am! :D

you have to also know that Twitter and FaceBook are simple ways of getting board members and views.
I just tweeted 1 topic and gained 40+ guests instantly...

From the the above youtube videos, I like the login for AdminCP due to no redirection or change of page.
However, I find the page scrolling way overrated and annoying...
Time well wasted on that...

KQuery is better!

And our planned feature set for 3.2.0 isn't just social networking integration.

You should release 3.2 today!

I do agree with what someone said early in this topic about it being hard to amke things simple. That's a lot of my problem is I have so many thigns I want to do that it ends up being cluttered and I think IPB is a bit cluttered now too, but could be fine if some things are done for a nice simple easy to remember layout.