Trader Feedback System

great mod !

mikkee reported earlier, that by going to Members -> Notification Defaults and saving the page, it seems to fix the notification key error.

had that problem too, and solved itself the same way (just thought i'd share

i got a suggestion here

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3103-classifieds/
im going to use this mod for my forum's classifieds.

the links looks like this :
websiteurl/forum/classifieds/item/12345-item-name/

so its basically the same as board topics furl's

is there a way i can tweak your otherwise perfect mod to use this ?

--- and you should contact the guys doing ip.classifieds and work something out together ;)

directions please ? im new with ipb 3x hooks and stuff

what do i need to change so your mod accepts classifieds urls ? (see my previous post)

thanks

edit

damn. the feedbacks arent showing in the topic view.
i did add m.feedback_score,
any ideas ?

Ah, I hadn't realized you were asking for directions. Do you know PHP at all? It would be a matter of changing _getTidFromUrl() in /admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php

I could look into writing it if you aren't sure how. Doing an str_replace() specific to your forum's URL, then just outputting the ID substring would be the easiest way.

ok thx for direction imma look into it right now.

will it also replace the links in the feedback list ?
websiteurl/forum/index.php?app=feedback&u=X

edit:
wow, that php is a bit confusing, im a little rusty here.
i havent done any serious php in some years, back when it wasnt object oriented :P

edit2:
yeah, would definitely appreciate some help here
(understand: do it for me, pretty please :))

I get this as well...

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'BAD_NOTIFY_KEY' in /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php:457 Stack trace: #0 /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(319): notifications->sendNotification() #1 /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(57): public_feedback_view_view->leave_feedback('152') #2 /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(285): public_feedback_view_view->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #3 /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(112): ipsCommand->execute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(65): ipsController->handleRequest() #5 /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/index.php(26): ipsController::run() #6 {main} thrown in /home/mainelys/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php on line 457

Can I make a feature suggestion?

Is it possible to tie-in more closely somehow the topic that feedback is being left for?

At the moment, it's simply based on trust. I'm wondering if it can be adapted so you can only leave specific feedback if you particpated in that topic, and you were a topic starter.

It's a tricky thing to implement without being restrictive. Say a person starts a topic, and completes a deal with someone who PMed them. Who gets to leave/receive feedback? Fake feedback could still be left by people posting in each other's topics. The trader has to take some diligence in verifying someone's feedback, imo.

However, every forum is different, and I could possibly guide you to mod the script to fit your needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Bit of an update...

The system seems to be working now, but there seems to be no confirmation page when adding feedback. It just goes to a blank page.

Is this an error or is it a feature that hasn't been added yet? I think it's quite important from a users point of view.

Let me know.

Cheers

Steve

The system seems to be working now, but there seems to be no confirmation page when adding feedback. It just goes to a blank page.

That's not working as intended. I briefly uploaded a version of the nonotify script with the redirect accidentally commented out. You may have it, please upload the latest version again.

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/index.php?app=feedback&u=3446

When you click on 'Testing' it moves you to forum index page while it should move you to that topic and/or post.

Your feedback URLs aren't being entered into the DB properly. Try the script I PMed you.
  • 2 weeks later...

Were notification errors fixed in this mod yet? Is mod stable now?

When the new version is coming out (like 1.1.0)?

I really hesitate to purchase this mod because of these bugs that keep popping out for people? :ermm:

Also will the mod be upgraded to work with IPB 3.2.0 when it comes out?

The notification issue has several reported fixes, from recaching, saving notify preferences, or if those don't work there is an easy way to disable notifications now. Again, it doesn't affect everyone. All of the reported bugs have been fixed, or a fix exists.

I haven't had time to put out version 1.1, but the mod will definitely be compatible with IPB 3.2.

Sorry, I spoke too soon. I forgot that the values for positive and negative aren't stored in the member row, only the aggregate score. It would be extremely inefficient to calculate this in the hook in every post.

That's a good idea. I'll implement it next release.

PMed it to you.

So what about my request?

Sorry, new features development has to be put on hold. I just have too heavy of a workload at the moment, so I'll be focusing on bug fixes, updates for new IPB versions, and similar support.

If anyone has any mods to this script that add new features, I can offer a refund of your purchase price for their inclusion in future releases. PM me.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Could you help me pinpoint an error?

I've made a change to my forums.

Now, when an item has been sold, I'm using the "multi-moderation" feature to move it to an archive forum.

This has had the knock-on effect of somehow stopping feedback from being left, everyone now gets:

[#1] Invalid deal topic

Any ideas?

Thanks