Trader Feedback System

Is there possibility such that only staff or admins can add feedback?

Any group permissions?

Yes, there are full group permissions.

Entering the full URL doesn't work...

However, if you enter the topic code (not very intuitive for members), it brings up this error as soon as you click Submit. But it does add the Feedback successfully.

Ideally, it needs to be a full URL of the topic, as this is what members will be trying to do.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'BAD_NOTIFY_KEY' in /home/civiclif/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php:457 Stack trace: #0

/home/civiclif/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(319): notifications->sendNotification() #1

/home/civiclif/public_html/board/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(57): public_feedback_view_view->leave_feedback('32391') #2

/home/civiclif/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(285): public_feedback_view_view->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #3 

/home/civiclif/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(112): ipsCommand->execute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 

/home/civiclif/public_html/board/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(65): ipsController->handleRequest() #5 

/home/civiclif/public_html/board/index.php(26): ipsController::run() #6 {main} thrown in 

/home/civiclif/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php on line 457

The bad notify key error is unrelated to the topic id error. The topic url problem should be fixed in 1.0.5. If you have the bad notify error, please use the version of the script contained in the *_nonotify.zip, or see http://novatechforums.com/topic/11409-bad-notify-key-error/.

I laso have the 1.0.5-1 but when I delete all files on server, re upload and choose install it says 1.0!!!!!

This is fine. The incremental updates don't require the IPB update script to run, so the version still shows as 1.0. If you installed 1.0.5, you have that version.

Thanks, that fixed the notification error. However, there is no message to say "User Feedback submitted succesfully", etc? It just takes me to a blank page. Not very intuitive for the user.

When is 1.0.5 coming out? As there is no point in using the system unless you can use full topic URLs. Members are lazy, and will not want to put the effort in extracting the Topic ID from the URL.

Thanks

Steve :)

1.0.5 is out. If you are getting a blank page, that means another error is occurring. Is feedback being left even with the blank page? Check your error logs, or turn error displaying on if you can.

I have checked the error logs and they are set to view all level errors, no errors since yesterday. :unsure:

done you steps. still the error. did delete line 310-319

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'BAD_NOTIFY_KEY' in /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php:457 Stack trace: #0 /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(319): notifications->sendNotification() #1 /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(57): public_feedback_view_view->leave_feedback('2') #2 /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(285): public_feedback_view_view->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #3 /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(112): ipsCommand->execute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(65): ipsController->handleRequest() #5 /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/index.php(26): ipsController::run() #6 {main} thrown in /home/ekorn106/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php on line 457

Edited by Kessler
Removed source code

Of course you can, my username is PooM :)

Is issue resolved? I am waiting for your post to buy this mod :P

Should be fine now. In the NoNotify version of the script, I accidentally cut off the redirection after feedback is left for a user. I've fixed it in the download.

If you were affected, you can redownload, or PM me for the working copy of the affected file.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, did you manage to find the error? I have had to disable the system because it still doesnt work.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear I was talking directly to you a few posts back. I made a revision on Feb 11 to 1.0.5 which should fix the error you were experiencing. Please download and upload again. If you're still having problems let me know.

Right now there's no way to do this without coding. Seller, Buyer, etc are just language strings based on the value of the 'type' column in the database. You would need to edit /admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php, under the '//who are you?' comment, and the leave feedback skin template.

Let me know if you're interested in modifying this and need help.

Hi,

I've just purchased the script and I get the infamous [#1] Invalid deal topic error. Script version is 1.0.5 and URL structure is :

http://forums.rgc.ro...rtul-steve-vai/

so nice URLS but still a '?' there ...

Later edit:

We'll I've edited the code and deleted the "index.php?/' from the url before the topic id is extraced and now i can paste the full url. It's a dirty hack but, hey it works. Mabe this kind of sanitizing should be there by default ...

Right now there's no way to do this without coding. Seller, Buyer, etc are just language strings based on the value of the 'type' column in the database. You would need to edit /admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php, under the '//who are you?' comment, and the leave feedback skin template.

Let me know if you're interested in modifying this and need help.

Would it be possible to include this as options in next release? I would like to see custom role support if possible so that members can leave feedback under 'General' if user is not trader, buyer or seller. Will help by good amount.

Also, in each page load how many queries it uses? Just curious on performance of application.

I am getting below error, while giving feedback to someone. Using the new version from download.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'BAD_NOTIFY_KEY' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php:457 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(319): notifications->sendNotification() #1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/feedback/modules_public/view/view.php(57): public_feedback_view_view->leave_feedback('5470') #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(285): public_feedback_view_view->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(112): ipsCommand->execute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(65): ipsController->handleRequest() #5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/index.php(26): ipsController::run() #6 {main} thrown in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php on line 4

Other then that bad notify key error, there is one more issue.

When you supply topic link, while giving someone reputation, it doesn't work as intended.

Example:
1. Giving someone reputation.
2. +1 and put link in form.
3. Hit Enter.
4. User get reputation.
5. When you click on the reputation, it should take you to right topic link but it redirects to wrong link.

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=0

Also, I have FURL enabled. Why it's using simple URL structure then?

We'll I've edited the code and deleted the "index.php?/' from the url before the topic id is extraced and now i can paste the full url. It's a dirty hack but, hey it works. Mabe this kind of sanitizing should be there by default ...

Interesting that this is the case, because the code is the same as IPB itself uses to extract ids in the moderation tools. Nonetheless, I'll make incremental update, 1.0.6 which should fix this.

Would it be possible to include this as options in next release? I would like to see custom role support if possible so that members can leave feedback under 'General' if user is not trader, buyer or seller. Will help by good amount.

Also, in each page load how many queries it uses? Just curious on performance of application.

I'm not sure about the feasibility of automating this without a big rewrite, but I'll look into it.

If you have IPB set to output debug info, the number of queries will be displayed on the bottom of the page.

I am getting below error, while giving feedback to someone. Using the new version from download.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'BAD_NOTIFY_KEY'

Please see http://forums.novawave.ca/topic/11409-bad-notify-key-error/

Also, I have FURL enabled. Why it's using simple URL structure then?

Under Search Engine Optimization settings in the ACP, enable 'Redirect to new friendly URL format'.