Trader Feedback System

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, xtech said:

Thks! do you have plans for integrating with the notification system any soon?

Yes.

A customer requested a 'private' feedback ability, so that the creator of a topic for example could define whether feedback regarding that content item (topic) would be private or public. I've had a change of opinion and don't think that it'll be a widely used feature. Would you use something like this? (I mean, would you actually use it rather than like it to be included and then never use it).

1 hour ago, stoo2000 said:

Yes

Nice :) notifications are a good way of letting people know about the functionality. 

In my main community i would have no use for private feedback as we use feedback as a mean to generate trust so everybody can see it.

It's all about trading. I meant that feedbacks users should be less visible(open).

Reasons:

• Spam issues when everyone can see traders.
  • Clients stealing.

As for this kind of update i suggest that:

• Users profiles shouldn't be accessed from "Trader Feedback System"
  • To prevent anonymous and fake feedbacks. - ability for users to see only first and last letters of the nickname and rest nickname hidden (j***i)
  • Feedback count next to the nickname.
  • Feedback owner can see full info on his profile

this example is from ebay:

eff01dd78057e36844a36ecbefad0ebe.png

so on this system I'd like to see feedbacks listed like this:

a9f583194c9ea2af0e1f3f7663eb33b6.png

c0e1268c6a81b72fc36d3631db0db7ed.png

Hopefully this is understandable.

Edited by Aivarass

@stoo2000 just uploaded this new version, when i click the button to give feedback i get a "Page Not Found" error dialog.

Plus, the error logs shown an error on the recountfeedback task:

RecountFeedback returned a NULL offset - tasks should throw \IPS\Task\Queue\OutOfRangeException when they are finished

Edited by xtech

I've been checking this App and it needs some maintenance/upgrade work... i hope @stoo2000 can upgrade it pretty soon. I've bought it again (i had not been using it for long time so i wasn't able just to renew it...) and from what i see it is lacking two things:

• For example i don't want to show the feedback ratings area under the member photo at the forums. The APP has two problems: you have to disable it manually for every forum and it doesn't respect the foruns in Clubs, where it is always shown
  • Integration with the notification system

And at least in my board i can't even use it as it throws a Page "Not Found" error when adding feedback.

Edited by xtech

I am here to leave a compliment to @stoo2000.

First, because he was prompt to clarify one aspect that it wasn't clear to me. I've used the app some years ago and there were some changes i wasn't aware: the title now autocompletes (in the past was by pasting the link so i wasn't figuring out who to do it). Much better now!

Second, because this version has automatic field filling capability, which is great. It is now very easier to assign feedback to members.

I have been playing with the automatic filling of fields and after looking at the form.php code i've discovered we can also automatically set the receiver of the feedback. This allowed me to have my own custom Pages classifieds system with automatic integration with Trader Feedback System. You can set the receiver, item and type of business automatically. It's working great now.

The only thing that remains to be worked is feedback showing in the club forums (even if i don't want to) below user's avatar. I've deleted the html template in the meanwhile as a workaround.

Thank you!

Edited by xtech
On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, xtech said:

The only thing that remains to be worked is feedback showing in the club forums (even if i don't want to) below user's avatar. I've deleted the html template in the meanwhile as a workaround.

This is fixed in the next release, I'm also going to switch the logic around so that you select where you want it to show, rather than where you want to hide it.

And, by the way. A notification is already built in, it's sent when someone leaves you feedback. I'm going to add another one though for when someone you follow is left feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have feedback in a topic going back a few years, I wondered if I could add that feedback into the system myself but as the other member giving it (and not myself) without having to log in as each member to do it (not an option)

Edited by marklcfc
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, marklcfc said:

We have feedback in a topic going back a few years, I wondered if I could add that feedback into the system myself but as the other member giving it (and not myself) without having to log in as each member to do it (not an option)

It could be done with a custom script, but I'm not sure how you would determine if it was positive, negative or neutral feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 12:48 PM, Dan Richardson said:

Hi, love the application! Do you think you can have it so users can simply type in the topic ID or topic url? This would be amazing as people are struggling with topic name, especially on large forums.

Couldn't agree more. We had so many members complaining that typing the topic just doesn't work, we had to set it to not required.

Some people just don't get typing the topic out, while others just don't get copy/pasting the URL. The ability for the system to do both simultaneously would be a great idea.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:48 AM, Dan Richardson said:

Hi, love the application! Do you think you can have it so users can simply type in the topic ID or topic url? This would be amazing as people are struggling with topic name, especially on large forums.

8 minutes ago, Emediate said:

Couldn't agree more. We had so many members complaining that typing the topic just doesn't work, we had to set it to not required.

Some people just don't get typing the topic out, while others just don't get copy/pasting the URL. The ability for the system to do both simultaneously would be a great idea.

I hear you, I'll look at ways of making it more obvious. It's a requirement of how the application integrates with any content type (it can work with items that aren't topics for example).

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, Maxtor said:

@stoo2000  how can i add this Screenshot_4.png.748cbe7493a19e065c36d510e1142c23.png  to my custom theme back again. its gone . which files to check?

Check your profile templates for modifications, it's likely that they're out of date and need updating for 4.2

• 2 months later...