Trader Feedback System

Typo:

feedback_left
Your feedback has been left on the users profile.
Should be:
feedback_left
Your feedback has been left on the user's profile.

Fixed

Hi, found a word that may be hardcoded in the source code.

* The word "N/A" at the user's profile

Please refer to the attached file.

Please let me know the files and lines to edit. Thanks.

Fixed

Kudos for having the iTrader converter in place. This saved me a lot of time, as I didn't have to write my own converter!

However, the user profile rebuild was hardcoded to 50 profiles per batch. With a forum with almost 450,000 users, that would take us days to finish. Edited modules_admin/tools/rebuild.php and changed:

public $perCycle = 50;

to

public $perCycle = 500;

Suggestion for the next verion: this value to be configurable from inside the ACP.

Thanks for the great work.

For the amount of data to process in a loop, we need to consider underpowered systems, we want to avoid timing out. - Some converters also have a query per item that connects to a remote database.

Just noticed you were actually on about the rebuild process, however it's quite similar we're avoiding a timeout.

Re: N/A

Hardcoded in:

sources/cache.php

and in:

xml/feedback_root_templates.xml (3 times, i.e., profilePage, topMembers, and userPaneFeedback templates)

Also, on the same XML file the following words are hardcoded, also three times, on the same templates:

positive

neutral

negative

I fixed here by creating these words and replacing their hardcoded versions with the correct variable.

Thanks.

positive/neutral/negative are class names, don't change those.

It's due for a minor maintenance release, I'll update soon.

positive/neutral/negative are class names, don't change those.

It's due for a minor maintenance release, I'll update soon.

I noticed that and removed my previous message...

Thanks for the prompt reply, and thank you for your hard work.

I have a couple of suggestions, if I may.

1. On the user profile, on the table that list all transactions, each message ("note") has a link to the original topic that relates to the transaction. This is great. However, the link uses the regular index.php?showtopic=xxxxx format; I'd change that to include SEO, which is pretty easy to implement.

2. When you click on the "leave feedback" button on the classifieds page of a given product, you need to enter the link of the product manually on the form that shows up on the next page. Why the system simply doesn't carry over the item number and fills this field automatically for me? (I am using the Classifieds app and I am assuming the user will leave feedback to that particular product/transaction).

Once again, thank you very much.

Gabriel

I noticed that and removed my previous message...

Thanks for the prompt reply, and thank you for your hard work.

I have a couple of suggestions, if I may.

1. On the user profile, on the table that list all transactions, each message ("note") has a link to the original topic that relates to the transaction. This is great. However, the link uses the regular index.php?showtopic=xxxxx format; I'd change that to include SEO, which is pretty easy to implement.

This can happen if you have rows for classifieds, but it isn't installed or active.

{parse url="showtopic={$f['link']}" seotitle="{$f['title_seo']}" template="showtopic" base="public"}

2. When you click on the "leave feedback" button on the classifieds page of a given product, you need to enter the link of the product manually on the form that shows up on the next page. Why the system simply doesn't carry over the item number and fills this field automatically for me? (I am using the Classifieds app and I am assuming the user will leave feedback to that particular product/transaction).

Once again, thank you very much.

Gabriel

I should be able to add something to take care of that.

1.4.2 is now in the Marketplace.

What's New in Version 1.4.2 (See full changelog)

• Enhancement: Setting to prevent users from leaving more than one Feedback per deal
  • Enhancement: Feedback data now part of the User Hover Card
  • Enhancement: Removed app copyright
  • Enhancement: SMF Trader 1.6 Converter (Beta - Needs testing)
  • Enhancement: Clicking 'leave feedback' from a classifieds item now pre-fills the Feedback form
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few language strings

Great. I've just upgraded, it is working like a charm. Thank you so much for taking my suggestions into consideration.

However, I didn't understand your instructions for my question above:

I remembered after I posted that, that you've converted the data.

This is because you've switched to 'classifieds' mode, the side affect of this is that we don't join on the topics table, the join is to the classifieds table instead. The result of this is that we don't have the 'title_seo' data for the feedback data associated with a topic.

Hope that clears it up.

Stuart

How easy is it just to use the profile part of this and not the topic view or page parts? Settings?

There are settings so you can choose where the feedback data is shown, PMs, Topics (and in which forums), Hover Card.

In theory you could disable all of those, so it's just a tab on the users profile

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, stoo2000,

There is a conflict with this module and Classifieds as explained below through my message exchange with Andy (Classifieds' developer):

Gabriel:

Hi,

The price of the product is only displayed at the main/category list.

When you click on an advert, there is no price listed whatsoever! So, our users are getting confused.

Please advise how we could add a price field to be displayed or even the price on top of the images like it happens on the main list.

Thanks,
Gabriel.

Andy:

Hi Gabriel,

The problem was a conflict with the trader feedback addon. This app also defines a css style called "price_box" which was overriding the classifieds one. As it had a declaration of display:none it was hiding the price element in the classifieds basic_info template. I've added an inline style in the classifieds template to make sure this is used.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Andy

Hi, stoo2000,

There is a conflict with this module and Classifieds as explained below through my message exchange with Andy (Classifieds' developer):

Hi Gabriel,

The stock CSS for the app does not define a .price_box rule I'm afraid, this may be a customisation that has been added to your style sheet.

Thanks

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometime after upgrading to the last version, a hook, the Editor Thems from Tom Christian (basicaly a ckeditor replacement) stopped working within the next 2-3 hours, so i had an error which prevented me to open any topic or post. It may be just a coincidence, but i got the following error:

I am getting the following error on opening a post (every post):

Fatal error: Call to a member function ipsEditorThemes() on a non-object in C:inetpubwwwroothooksipsEditorThemes_7322d94242545f574bc1243589850e65.php on line 15

The content of that file is:

class ipsEditorThemes
{
public function __construct()
{
$this->registry = ipsRegistry::instance();
$this->memberData = $this->registry->member()->fetchMemberData();
$this->settings = $this->registry->fetchSettings();
}
public function getOutput()
{
if ( strstr( ",{$this->settings['ipsEditorThemes_group']},", ",{$this->memberData['member_group_id']}," ) && ipsRegistry::$settings['ipsEditorThemes_enabled'] !== '0')
{
$html = ipsRegistry::getClass('output')->getTemplate('ipsthemes')->ipsEditorThemes();
}
return $html;
}
}

Tried to recache the skins, with no avail.

May the upgrade to the last version of the trader feedback system may be involved with this? I had to disable the hook because i won't work now.

I tried to recache skins, but it didn't solve the issue.

Sometime after upgrading to the last version, a hook, the Editor Thems from Tom Christian (basicaly a ckeditor replacement) stopped working within the next 2-3 hours, so i had an error which prevented me to open any topic or post. It may be just a coincidence, but i got the following error:

I am getting the following error on opening a post (every post):

Fatal error: Call to a member function ipsEditorThemes() on a non-object in C:inetpubwwwroothooksipsEditorThemes_7322d94242545f574bc1243589850e65.php on line 15

The content of that file is:

class ipsEditorThemes
{
public function __construct()
{
$this->registry = ipsRegistry::instance();
$this->memberData = $this->registry->member()->fetchMemberData();
$this->settings = $this->registry->fetchSettings();
}
public function getOutput()
{
if ( strstr( ",{$this->settings['ipsEditorThemes_group']},", ",{$this->memberData['member_group_id']}," ) && ipsRegistry::$settings['ipsEditorThemes_enabled'] !== '0')
{
$html = ipsRegistry::getClass('output')->getTemplate('ipsthemes')->ipsEditorThemes();
}
return $html;
}
}

Tried to recache the skins, with no avail.

May the upgrade to the last version of the trader feedback system may be involved with this? I had to disable the hook because i won't work now.

I tried to recache skins, but it didn't solve the issue.

Not related, but possibly caused by the upgrader recaching.

Follow the first part of this: http://www.invisionpower.com/support/kb/_/manually-rebuild-skins-and-languages-from-xml-r42

• 2 weeks later...