Trader Feedback System

• 4 weeks later...

Purchased this app and so far it is awesome. We have kept a post with username and a number +4 or whatever for feedback score. We want to import this into the trader app. Is this doable? Can't find how.

thanks.

Hi Maksim,

You can insert the data into the `feedback` table and then use the 'tools' in the ACP to rebuild the Feedback caches.

The other way is to manually go through and use the 'leave feedback' link to add your historical records.

Stuart

Hi Maksim,

You can insert the data into the `feedback` table and then use the 'tools' in the ACP to rebuild the Feedback caches.

The other way is to manually go through and use the 'leave feedback' link to add your historical records.

Stuart

Have not played with it yet... But will it be ok to just go through the members and enter in one number in the table? Or do I have to fill in the rest such as classifieds link, etc.

Thanks.

Hi, just purchased and installed; great app!

Is there any way to remove the feedback scores from displaying on a member profile in the l/h column in topic view on the forums. Classifieds only represent a very small part of the site content and the visibility of the feedback scores in other areas may confuse readers.

Stuart, having a hard time...

How would I do it exactly?

I have a list of all members who need feedback, along with a number of positives.

You need to insert a row of data for each positive/negative into the table called `feedback` after that, you need to run the 'Rebuild Profile Data' tool in the ACP. Add a test feedback and then take a look at the table to see what you need to do.

Hi, just purchased and installed; great app!

Is there any way to remove the feedback scores from displaying on a member profile in the l/h column in topic view on the forums. Classifieds only represent a very small part of the site content and the visibility of the feedback scores in other areas may confuse readers.

ACP > Other Apps > Trader Feedback System > Settings > Application Settings.

See the 'user pane information' section.

• 1 month later...

Hey man, just having a few issues.

ywI0AHH.png

That's on the sidebar, and some images don't load. Not sure why they weren't included in the download? I uploaded the files to all of my themes, but a few seem to be missing.

pGjCw6H.png

These are old feedbacks that I had from your system a while ago.

Also in the sidebar on the feedback page, I see this...

4JEeWra.png

I'm going to guess it's all because I'm using the latest version of IPB? Is it not yet supported?

Edit: It doesn't know on userPane either.

I'm really hoping you're able to give me a hand. Literally just bought it for $25, didn't even realize it was archived. They need to get rid of the purchase button for archived mods so stupid people like me don't click it. :P

Okay so I realized I forgot to enable the hook for the information to show up on the profile and userPane.

Enabled those both, the userPane one is fine, but the profile one shows this:

5i0yJaw.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="5i0yJaw.png">

All other problems still exist.

Okay so I realized I forgot to enable the hook for the information to show up on the profile and userPane.

Enabled those both, the userPane one is fine, but the profile one shows this:

5i0yJaw.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="5i0yJaw.png">

All other problems still exist.

You need to revert your template bits for the app, they have changed in the latest version.

For the 'could not load template' error do this:

• Click Look & Feel
  • Click Template Tools (left menu)
  • Under Rebuild Master Skin Data, check Rebuild HTML, Rebuild CSS, Trader Feedback System
  • Click Rebuild
  • Click Recache Skin Sets

For future issues, please use the support system.

Support

If you require any support for this product please create a Technical Support ticket in the

Client Area

You must supply your PayPal Transaction ID (for legacy customers) or your IPS Community display name and email address.
  • 1 month later...

Does the "Classifieds or Forum" link selector just change the language of the input field? Or does it function differently? I want them to be able to use both, can they put either link in?

What happens when the Classified ad is purged? Will it still show the title, but it's non-clickable, or greyed out?

If I change the language of Trader (user role), for example, will it be retroactive in the feedback pane where it states a user's role? Or is the word stored as a value, so if you change it, it is not retroactive? Just asking before I start it up, I may change this. Thanks

Does the "Classifieds or Forum" link selector just change the language of the input field? Or does it function differently? I want them to be able to use both, can they put either link in?

What happens when the Classified ad is purged? Will it still show the title, but it's non-clickable, or greyed out?

If I change the language of Trader (user role), for example, will it be retroactive in the feedback pane where it states a user's role? Or is the word stored as a value, so if you change it, it is not retroactive? Just asking before I start it up, I may change this. Thanks

Hiya,

They both function differently, which is why you can only choose one or the other, if a classified is removed, the feedback won't be linked anymore.

If you change a language string, it will affect all places that it is displayed.

Thanks

Stuart

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to have both fields show then, and they enter the applicable box? I use both Classifieds and the Forum for ads.

No, that's not possible I'm afraid, it is a technicality I worked with when adding Classifieds support, the thing I was avoiding was to have to split one query down to two or even three separate queries, adding the data isn't a problem, it's just displaying it as efficiently as possible.

Stuart

Hmm. Okay so I could select "Forum" and "Not Required" and if they put a forum link it will work, and for Classifieds, just instruct them not to, and put the Classifieds title, since the ads purge anyway. Would that work?

Yeah, that should work, depending how adventurous you're feeling, you could add some JavaScript to hide the URL input if 'topic' is selected.

Cool, yeah, but I do want them to put forum links.

I think that's my best option as of now. I tested this, and the forum URLs work, but if they enter a classifieds URL, it just doesn't link the comment. They get purged later anyway, so no biggie. I just wish I could require the field and it work this way. The problem is it triggers "The deal link is invalid, please correct it" if they put a classifieds link. Is there any way to remove that validation? So I could require a link, with the Forum setting, so forum links would hyperlink, but the others just wouldn't work? Because that's not really a big deal, since they get purged, but the act of putting a link will keep it more honest.

Or maybe remove the validation and both links would work?

Thanks a lot for the help. Appreciate it.

That seems to be a bug, it only sets it for the default Member group and Validating. Mods, Admins, and extra groups... it is left unchecked. Can this be fixed? I will re-install it. The notifications are important.

You should be able to set the defaults in your ACP, I assume these settings will affect anyone that hasn't updated their notification options sine installing the app.

If it is a bug, I don't see how it can be caused by the app itself, all that we define is the key and a Lang string.

If you still have problems, please file a ticket as detailed in the first post.