(Wolfie) Hide Posts From Guests v3.1 Final 02

Wolfie

v31203
- Fixed logic booboo that stopped it from working. <_<
- Added setting to affect all forums. If this is set to "Yes" (default), then the forums setting will have no affect.

whe have to delete the old and install the new?

Just install the new, it should overwrite the old.

Thanks for this hook. However I installed it and it's not working. I logged out and viewed posts as a guest and can see all posts. It seems like it's not overriding the group permissions, am I missing something? I'm running on v3.1

Oops. Fixed.

v31203

- Fixed logic booboo that stopped it from working. <_<

- Added setting to affect all forums. If this is set to "Yes" (default), then the forums setting will have no affect.

Just install the new, it should overwrite the old.

Oops. Fixed.

Don't think its working...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/coremod1/public_html/GeneralForum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3244) : eval()'d code:115) in /home/coremod1/public_html/GeneralForum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134

And it isn't hiding post.

v3.1.2 Beta 2 released.

I'll be releasing another hook soon named "Hide Posts From Members" which will have the additional functionality. It will allow groups to affect along with selecting exempt groups, always on for guests, account upgrade link (optional) and the extra filters.

That is what i need very badly,how this one will work? and do it come with out editing files :whistle:

I have just installed the new update for this wonderful hook. :rolleyes:

However, there is one problem. :P

The Link to Login I put the correct login link however it reads it if I used the Link to Register instead.

So when I click login it takes me to register. <- incorrect
and when I click register it takes me to register. <- That part is correct

Also a suggestion, is there a possible way we can choose what font color we want like before we could choose what to say and I had the font color to red. It makes it stand out more.

Thanks! ;)

The Link to Login I put the correct login link however it reads it if I used the Link to Register instead.

So when I click login it takes me to register. <- incorrect

and when I click register it takes me to register. <- That part is correct

Fixed in Beta 4. If you want to fix it yourself, open up the hooks/wolf_hidePostsFromGuests_(some_numbers_here).php file, go near the bottom and find

$links['login']	= ( $links['login'] ? $links['register'] : "?app=core&module=global&section=login" );

Replace the word 'register' with the word 'login' and save.

Also, you don't have to put in links, it will use the defailt IPB links anyway.

Also a suggestion, is there a possible way we can choose what font color we want like before we could choose what to say and I had the font color to red. It makes it stand out more.

Just edit the language bit in the Look & Feel section.

Where you see <#register:register#> and <#login:sign in#>, those are the links and text. Everything after the color ":" and before the "#>" is the text that is shown. The first part, like "<#register:" is replaced with the the URL tag.

Still no luck Wolfie :(

Iuninstalled the previous one and reinstalled your latest update and guests are still unable to view only first post. Any suggestions?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling again. It's working on my test site. What IPB version are you using?

I'm not speaking about this hook you say before you will bring out another hook "Hide Posts From Members" so my questions was directed to that one you will soon bring out.. :)

That will be based on this hook, except that it will let you also hide posts from members of selected groups, have exempt groups and an optional link someone can click for them to 'upgrade' their account. It won't be based on a response or not, however I can look into adding it.

Fixed in Beta 4. If you want to fix it yourself, open up the hooks/wolf_hidePostsFromGuests_(some_numbers_here).php file, go near the bottom and find

$links['login']	= ( $links['login'] ? $links['register'] : "?app=core&module=global&section=login" );

Replace the word 'register' with the word 'login' and save.

Also, you don't have to put in links, it will use the defailt IPB links anyway.

Thanks, everything works perfect!