You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

(T31) Group Format

teraßyte

In all fairness Adriano has fixed that issue [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img] No more Queries are made [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

Oh okay, I read only the first few posts in the topic so I have no idea of what else was changed/fixed :P

Though there are still other edits to prevent queries in my mod (at least for IPB 3.1), with all the changes we made for IPB 3.2 (showing always the photo too) it is possible the queries are not needed at all now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any word on the upgrade?

I have just released the new version for IPB 3.2.3 ONLY on my site: http://community.inv...b-group-format/

I'll be adding the hook here in the IPS Marketplace soon but first I want to have some people test it to catch any big 'issues' I might have missed in my testing locally.

P.S.: The new version has 0 file/skin edits, compared to the old version which had 90+ of them (including the addons) that's a good update if I say so myself :tongue:

I have just released the new version for IPB 3.2.3 ONLY on my site:

http://community.inv...b-group-format/

I'll be adding the hook here in the IPS Marketplace soon but first I want to have some people test it to catch any big 'issues' I might have missed in my testing locally.

P.S.: The new version has 0 file/skin edits, compared to the old version which had 90+ of them (including the addons) that's a good update if I say so myself :tongue:

Just tested it, and I can instantly tell that it's going to be far too resource intensive for me.

On my Dev site, looking at debugging, it increases my Total Queries from 7, to:

Queries: 253 queries

On the Board Index

Which is far far too resource intensive :|

Also, not sure if it's meant to anymore, but on the 3.1 version it had an effect in the ACP in member search, admins online etc wheras on this version it doesn't.

Just tested it, and I can instantly tell that it's going to be far too resource intensive for me.

On my Dev site, looking at debugging, it increases my Total Queries from 7, to:

Queries: 253 queries

On the Board Index

Which is far far too resource intensive :|

Also, not sure if it's meant to anymore, but on the 3.1 version it had an effect in the ACP in member search, admins online etc wheras on this version it doesn't.

:wacko: :wacko:

The hook doesn't add any queries on the board index :unsure:

As for the ACP I know what you mean but since I've avoided all the file edits there is simply no way around, in the previous version I used to edit "IPSMember::buildDisplayData()" which is called all over the board and there's simply no way to hook into it. I'll look at adding some hooks for the ACP side thought since almost everything can be extended in 3.2.

EDIT: No wait.. actually it adds 1 query to retrieve the group of the last registered member but the value itself is cached for a while so that the query is not run each time.

:wacko: :wacko:

The hook doesn't add any queries on the board index :unsure:

EDIT: No wait.. actually it adds 1 query to retrieve the group of the last registered member but the value itself is cached for a while so that the query is not run each time.

Happy to give you access to my development board. Disabling the hook = back to 8 queries, enabling the hook = 253.

Hmm having uninstalled it and reinstalled it there now appears to be no problem. How odd, back to 8 queries. Uninstalled and reinstalled a second time and still can't reproduce. Maybe it was just an issue when I first freshly installed it or something.

Either way I'm happy, although if you were looking for feedback i'd say that the latest registered member shouldn't be formatted, looks quite weird and out of place ( UZo2i.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="484"> )

As for the ACP I know what you mean but since I've avoided all the file edits there is simply no way around, in the previous version I used to edit "IPSMember::buildDisplayData()" which is called all over the board and there's simply no way to hook into it. I'll look at adding some hooks for the ACP side thought since almost everything can be extended in 3.2.

Sounds good, would be nice :D

• 1 year later...