Community

Graeme Leighfield

GEL Studios CometChat Integration with IPB

%7Boption%7D

File Name: GEL Studios CometChat Integration with IPB

File Submitter: Graeme Leighfield

File Submitted: 16 Jul 2010

File Category: Integration

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Works with ALL 3.x versions of IPB! - CONFIRMED up to 3.4.5!

Don't have CometChat? Want to buy it? Then please do so through my affiliate link http://www.cometchat.com/?r=2428

Full features are:

• Choose what groups have access to CometChat.
  • New for version 3.0 - Choose what groups have access to each section of chatrooms, announcements and games!
  • New for version 3.0 - Toggle home icon, share icon and scroll to top icon.
  • Ban specific users by USER ID.
  • Place your unique footer code (generated by the CometChat install procedure), directly into the settings of this hook, NO NEED TO EDIT YOUR TEMPLATES.
  • ACP Options, no need to amend/edit config file.
  • Users from allowed groups, have an option under there forum settings to turn on or off.
  • New for version 3.1 - UCP Page for users no file edits
  • New for version 3.1 - Users can toggle CometChat modules, based on there access that is set via the admin ACP
  • New for version 3.1 - Admin setting to allow users to toggle CometChat modules or not.

To Install please follow the following steps.

Existing CometChat User :

1.) Install the hook provided.
2.) Go into your globalTemplate (of all skins it is installed in), and cut the CometChat footer code.
3.) If your footer code is different from the default code provided in the CometChat settings, then override with your code.(found in Settings -> GEL Studios -> CometChat).
4.) Recache all skin sets.
5.) Set your settings!

New CometChat User :

1.) Install the hook provided.
2.) Run through the CometChat installation procedure.
3.) Copy the footer code provided at the end of the CometChat installation.
4.) Go to Settings -> GEL Studios -> CometChat, and if the code provided by the installation is different to the default value in the settings, over write with your code.
5.) Recache all skin sets.
6.) Set your settings!

Note - CometChat is an encoded modification, and there system for "allowing" licenses is slow to say the least, if you are a new user installing cometchat and this hook and it doesnt "show" do not worry, chances are your sites URL has not been authorised yet, all support tickets for cometchat must be logged with cometchat, and not myself.

Enjoy this modification!

here to download this file

Do you need 3.1.X for this?

Can it be ran on 3.0.5?

Thanks - I know its free and best to test it yourself but I don't have comet chat.
If this works on 3.0.5 I will buy a license for it.
Also do you have a affiliate link for cometchat?

. . . or maybe upgrade to 3.1 eek

Do you need 3.1.X for this?

Can it be ran on 3.0.5?

Thanks - I know its free and best to test it yourself but I don't have comet chat.

If this works on 3.0.5 I will buy a license for it.

Also do you have a affiliate link for cometchat?

. . . or maybe upgrade to 3.1 eek

Will run fine on 3.x also mate :thumbsup:

My affiliate link is http://www.cometchat.com/?r=2428

Hey this was working perfect for me until I installed IP.Nexus then just completely stopped working... I'm going to re-install.

Can you set it so files other than images can be transferred? Is it possible to transfer zip or rar files? How's the transfer speed? Can it handle files 3 to 15 mb in size?

Did you get the video chat working? Is it good?

Can you set it so files other than images can be transferred? Is it possible to transfer zip or rar files? How's the transfer speed? Can it handle files 3 to 15 mb in size?

Did you get the video chat working? Is it good?

Hi mate - hope your well!!!

For questions such as these, its best to ask on the comet chat company forums. My mod only deals with the intergration of the system as a whole with IPB, not the specifics.

Thanks for making this. I bought Cometchat through your affiliate link.

I would like it if you could remove the word "comet chat" from the user settings. I paid for the non-branded version, and I don't want to advertise what I am using. Just call it "chat bar".

I also suggest putting the user profile chat settings in their own group, because putting them under the forum settings doesn't make much sense.

If you give me a few days, ill see what I can do regarding the settings in there own bar. I put them under forum settings as the chat bar shows forum wide... To me and a few others that I ran it by - it made sense.

As for the name of the comet chat bar settings, how does a text field in the ACP which you can change to suit sound?

Ill be making this a paid mod after this revision (Only £5) just to cover the time Ive invested making this mod, as its prooving to be very popular. Whats everyones views on £5?

That's fine. I changed a couple instances of the term "Comet Chat" but I think some are embedded in the xml file.

BTW, do you have any idea how to change it so it displays all online users, instead of just your friends?

That's fine. I changed a couple instances of the term "Comet Chat" but I think some are embedded in the xml file.

BTW, do you have any idea how to change it so it displays all online users, instead of just your friends?

Yeah thats right - Ill add the ACP option in anyway for some users that might not be comfortable with changing things in such a "direct" way :thumbsup:

FYI, the way to show all online users is here:

http://crossfire-radio.com/help/cc_ipb30x.html

Cheers, I have been made aware of this, however the problem is that the edit lays inside of the cometchat directory, and outside of IPB. I dont want to start making modifications to that file, as then I will be subject to cometchat support requests, which I really dont want to do...

I think this a great add-on for comet chat but if this is going to be paid app then I think I will give it a pass.
Reason is I have already paid for comet chat and do not wish to add on cost to the application.

I think this a great add-on for comet chat but if this is going to be paid app then I think I will give it a pass.

Reason is I have already paid for comet chat and do not wish to add on cost to the application.

Thats fair enough, your entitled to your opinion. I belive that

If someone paid $129 for CometChat, they shouldn't complain about an extra $10 for you.

I want control over which user groups can transfer files, and allow the users to disable the chat bar in their profile settings. A link in the user's profile that said "Chat with me" if they are online and you have your chat bar enabled would be nice, too.