The Moderating Team. Needs some more attention o.O

Invisiοnist

So I was checking through IPB settings to try and find something to edit the Moderating Team section of the forum... but I just cant find what I'm looking for...

Is there a way to add groups to that list? For example it has Admins, S-mod, and Mods. But what if I make a mod group X for X forums. Such as "General Mod" for the general area of the board. Can I display General Mods in the moderating team?

And to further this, can there be an option to allow secondary group users to be in each section. So if someone is a general mod and.. say entertainment mod, they are listed for each section despite what their main group is. As long as the setting is enabled for that group.

It shouldn't be hard to overload that page... I might look at this a little myself if IPS won't.

Someone else mentioned this recently as well.

aka Morrigan being a spazz. The problem is people like me that aren't quite as coding savvy as the hook makers to overload this page and do what would be needed. <_< I'd like to but I'm not that smart.

I completely agree with this though.

Some suggestions as far as what would be nice are:
Choosing which groups are on the "Moderating Team" page.
Which groups are combined and whether or not to display forum specific moderators or just groups.

To answer the OP - presently, groups that are designated "super moderators", and per-forum moderators are shown on the page. If you create a new group, it will show on the page once you add that group (well, rather members of the group) as a moderator of a specific forum.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer the OP - presently, groups that are designated "super moderators", and per-forum moderators are shown on the page. If you create a new group, it will show on the page once you add that group (well, rather members of the group) as a moderator of a specific forum.

Im trying to see what you mean.

I did two things....

1. I took a group I made "General Mod" and I made that WHOLE group a moderator of the general discussion area. Then I added members as a "general mod" for their usergroup. But the group still didnt show up on the moderating team.

2. I made a general mod group for permissions but just made users a mod of the general area and it showed up as just moderator with a forums drop down showing what they mod. There is still no "General Mod" group in the moderating team page.

I just cant get the custom groups to show up on the page. So not sure what you meant there.

Archived