IPS Shirt Design

Charles

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
post-130346-0-14570100-1287591401_thumb.
I'm no good gfx designer so im sure a lot more ideas could be better then mine, but, i think i like what i did :D
+Active Customer could be changed to: staff / Member and even for us 3rd Party Devs / Community Devs n so on.. you could make a bunch of titles we could pick from :D

here's the PSD
AmgedOsman.psd

and hes the original image

http://dv-n-tart.deviantart.com/art/Customizable-T-shirt-Template-43939482

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have this idea in my mind, but my design skills aren't so great.

Think about a box made of cardboard. It is open and inside are these
tools like a paint brush, some comment bubble images etc. and these
splats are like comming out with words like "Community" "Forum" "Posts"
and on top of that the IPS Name or logo and the slogan.

It looks so good and professional in my head, i just cant draw it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

post-130346-0-14570100-1287591401_thumb.

I'm no good gfx designer so im sure a lot more ideas could be better then mine, but, i think i like what i did :D

+Active Customer could be changed to: staff / Member and even for us 3rd Party Devs / Community Devs n so on.. you could make a bunch of titles we could pick from :D

here's the PSD

AmgedOsman.psd

and hes the original image

http://dv-n-tart.dev...mplate-43939482

It would be a very good idea if IPS could install a GPS tracking device on each of these shirts. That way we can all be tracked on a live map. And when your active subscription expires, the shirt starts vibrating like crazy until it gets a ping from the server that you have renewed. How cool and Orwellian would that be!! lol.

I would go with just the logo and IPB around the heart then if you want a tag line you put that on the back/shoulders.

I never liked the name InvisionPower... Invision in itself is great but there are too many of them already, I never got the Power part.

InvisionBoard to me makes more sense marketing wise as the word Board targets the market when Power is just an addon to the name.

if you want something clean and simple I would go this routeand build the clothing brand around the suite's buttons but it totally depends on what your objective and target audience is. My guess is you need to do something edgy and original instead of a single logo or company name.

The size is probably not the best but you get the idea. I could go on a long marketing explanation as to why I believe this works better but I hope you guys are branding savvy enough to recognize the direction here :)

• 9 months later...

My suggestion would be for a talented artist to take the attached image and instead of Chevy Chase and muscles and super endowed women, a superhero (or m+f superhero couple) with the IPS logo on his chest or the two of them holding a ips logo standing in 3-d , upright, and the two are standing on a crushed mound of vBulletin, Xenforo, and some of the other bulletin boards, and if two superheroes, one holding an arsenal of lightning bolts labeled with blog, calendar, nexus, chat, forum and the other hand or arm (if two people), holding a globe of the world, symbolizing the unification of communities ...,

or if that is too complicated a graphic, then a tall column rising from the crushed remains of the other bulletin boards, and a large globe in the column, near the top with the IPS logo, and then sprays or bolts or arrows coming out of the top of the column with all the ips features....

on the back,

a name of the company, and below it, a tag line that brands the product, such as the best online community board, anwhere...

and of course, the website ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived