IPS Shirt Design

Charles

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, logo arrangements could be made as needed. I could always switch the positioning of the Ipboard and front logo.

Thanks for the fav ;)

Looking at it again, probably the logo on top and "IP.Board" or "IPS" underneath. Only thing *I'M* not sure about is the obvious "V" on the back part, but that's just my opinion though.

Sorry for the rubbish picture.... Scanner isn't working and only have a Blackberry on me.

Thinking navy blue for the actual shirt with white or a lighter blue set of pinstripes going through it. On the right side of the chest the Invision logo. On the back, across the shoulders, either the catchphrase "When it's ready!" or "invisionpower.com"

Sorry for the rubbish picture.... Scanner isn't working and only have a Blackberry on me.

Thinking navy blue for the actual shirt with white or a lighter blue set of pinstripes going through it. On the right side of the chest the Invision logo. On the back, across the shoulders, either the catchphrase "When it's ready!" or "invisionpower.com"

IPS logo on the left (near the heart for a reason), and I like the "When It's Ready

As a designer who has worked with custom shirt prints let me give you some advice. For those of you who are submitting designs, make sure your design is as large as possible, preferably in the 2000px x 2000px range. Why? The quality of the print. If they have to blow up an image, it will lose it's image quality and start to become distorted, pixelated, fuzzy, blurry etc. By scaling the image down you will retain your designs quality, and this also helps when printing on multiple sized shirts. Bigger shirts means the design needs to be bigger to be proportionate, make sense? Another thing, color. The more color you add, the more expensive it will be to print, if money is an issue. Also a lot of the times the printing service will want the individual colors in a design to be in separate layers in your .psd file.

As a designer who has worked with custom shirt prints let me give you some advice. For those of you who are submitting designs, make sure your design is as large as possible, preferably in the 2000px x 2000px range. Why? The quality of the print. If they have to blow up an image, it will lose it's image quality and start to become distorted, pixelated, fuzzy, blurry etc. By scaling the image down you will retain your designs quality, and this also helps when printing on multiple sized shirts. Bigger shirts means the design needs to be bigger to be proportionate, make sense? Another thing, color. The more color you add, the more expensive it will be to print, if money is an issue. Also a lot of the times the printing service will want the individual colors in a design to be in separate layers in your .psd file.

True enough, the more colors you have the price will go up...to an extent. That is the difference between screen printing and digital printing. Most places only screen print up to 6 colors, and by then it becomes more affordable to digital print a design. Because no color limits were specified I had assumed it would be fine to include as many colors as needed, and I would doubt digital printers need colors on separate layers.

post-108963-059094300 1278839517_thumb.p

I have a lot more ideas, but am going away for a few days.. hopefully the comp will still be open when I get back :P

I'd like to update that logic some...

if ( $community == $cool )

{

$decision = "Invision Power Board";

} else {

$decision = "You're a n00b";

}

Here is my entry.

[img]

[/img]

are we allowed to enter as many times as we want?

Oooooh, I like that. Would be better if it listed all the current products instead of only IP.Board, with IP.Board being in larger print so it's more dominant over the add-ons. But that's nice looking.

Archived