Community

Advanced Tags & Prefixes

Ryan H.

On 9/26/2017 at 5:29 PM, Andrzej Pindor said:

Hi,

I have large amount of tags after import from vbulletin:

dNVnsHB.png

I want to delete all of them except 6 tags I'm interested with.

@Ryan H. can you help me with this? I already have your plugin.

Your best bet would be doing it in the database, table core_tags. It will require knowledge of SQL, and you should back up the DB first. After removing the tags you don't want, you can rebuild the tag cache (AT&P advanced tool) and reindex search (IPS tool) to get everything back in sync.

• 2 weeks later...

If I want to require a prefix in a particular forum but only from a closed set, how can I remove the "item prefix" dropdown where the user can select one of their tags to use as a prefix? In practice this doesn't do anything except it hides that tag that the user selects from view, and the prefix they pick in the other box is the one that's used.

prefix.png

Edited by Dr. McKay

23 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

If I want to require a prefix in a particular forum but only from a closed set, how can I remove the "item prefix" dropdown where the user can select one of their tags to use as a prefix? In practice this doesn't do anything except it hides that tag that the user selects from view, and the prefix they pick in the other box is the one that's used.

What page is that screenshot from? Missing context.