Community

Advanced Tags & Prefixes

We have articles that automatically generate a post. I can't find a way to tag the article with a prefix tag, I have to do it manually in the forum each time a change is made to the article. Is there any way to do this currently?

Thanks!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for the months of non-answers. One of the site updates must have unfollowed me; I was never notified of any posts being made here.   ​That's a limitation imposed by IP.Board, sorry. Some

View File Advanced Tags & Prefixes This plugin enhances IP.Board's built-in tag and prefix system, providing custom styling and fine-grained control over prefixes, a

Released a small compatibility update to address all issues mentioned in the past couple pages. I also added some code such that the 'public multi-mods' plugin should work with tags and prefixes--but

Posted Images

We have articles that automatically generate a post. I can't find a way to tag the article with a prefix tag, I have to do it manually in the forum each time a change is made to the article. Is there any way to do this currently?

Thanks!

That's not a feature of IP.Content or this application at the moment, no.

You can run a manual SQL query to update all forums at once if you would like.

update forums set tag_mode='prefix'

Hi Ryan,

got the same Problem today. :smile:
Would be nice if there would be a fix of the global settings or maybe a workaround in Tags&Prefixes Tools for next Version.

Thanks

Hi Ryan,

got the same Problem today. :smile:
Would be nice if there would be a fix of the global settings or maybe a workaround in Tags&Prefixes Tools for next Version.

Thanks

I'll look into it. I'm not sure the global setting can be modified, or that I can do it without interfering with other functionality. Maybe this will just mean a 'make all prefix-only' button somewhere.

Prepurchase question here. My friend has this mod, but it seems like it doesn't work with sub-forum, is there a way to prevent the bug from showing on the main page? But show it where it's not bugged.

Unfortunately no. If it was easy to tell when a prefix shouldn't be there, it would probably be just as easy to deal with the subforums directly. It is possible to disable showing them on the index.

Love the plugin so far, but I ran into a problem on the two sites I use it on with the default mobile skin. I could see the forum listing, but clicking on a forum would take me to a blank page. One site is on a managed support account and they said it was tied to this plugin and they had to edit a core IP.Board file to fix it, I have no other details.

On my other non-managed site where I have the plugin installed I get the following error on the mobile skin when I try to look at a forum on the mobile skin: Fatal error: Meta ID missing in /home/digitaln/public_html/admin/sources/classes/tags/abstract.php on line 926

Its fixed on my managed site, but I would like to fix it on my non managed site too.

Love the plugin so far, but I ran into a problem on the two sites I use it on with the default mobile skin. I could see the forum listing, but clicking on a forum would take me to a blank page. One site is on a managed support account and they said it was tied to this plugin and they had to edit a core IP.Board file to fix it, I have no other details.

On my other non-managed site where I have the plugin installed I get the following error on the mobile skin when I try to look at a forum on the mobile skin: Fatal error: Meta ID missing in /home/digitaln/public_html/admin/sources/classes/tags/abstract.php on line 926

Its fixed on my managed site, but I would like to fix it on my non managed site too.

I'll look into it when I have some time--been a bit busy. I have trouble considering mobile issues a top priority.

Hi Ryan,

just bought your Prefix MOD :smile:

How do I get rid of the "NONE" Prefix on the list?

It don't find it anywhere :sad:

Do I have to delete it using your "Mass-Delete Tags/Prefixes" tool?

post-228009-0-24192300-1365032075_thumb.

BTW when you choose "NONE" no Prefix is added to the topic. And I want all topics to have Prefixes on them.

Thanks

Mario

Hi Ryan,

just bought your Prefix MOD :smile:

How do I get rid of the "NONE" Prefix on the list?

It don't find it anywhere :sad:

Do I have to delete it using your "Mass-Delete Tags/Prefixes" tool?

attachicon.gifNone Prefix.png

BTW when you choose "NONE" no Prefix is added to the topic. And I want all topics to have Prefixes on them.

Thanks

Mario

"None" is not a prefix. Like it says... it's 'no prefix'. In the ACP, edit your forums, go to the AT&P tab, and change 'require a prefix' to yes.

I'll look into it when I have some time--been a bit busy. I have trouble considering mobile issues a top priority.

Actually Ryan this one might be my fault.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/377193-download-global-topics/?p=2358486

I pull the global topic data and then do an array merge with the topics already displayed on the board. The array merge resets the array keys and then your mobile hook uses those keys as the topic IDs and of course the first key is zero which throws the error. That's what I think is happening anyway. I tried to come up with a way to combine the arrays that wouldn't recount the keys but I guess it didn't work out for the person I gave the file edit too. If you switch your code to get the topic id from the value in the array (pretty sure it's there) instead of the key then I think that should fix it. I'm not really sure because I can't really look at it more closely.

my users reporting unable to post new topics / replies sometimes when they click " Post" , - they are redirected to the homepage after clicking "post". i have received like 12 reports from my 3,000 members forum. especially when they try to choose one of the prefix which is "field reports". cos my forum is a travel one

all from desktop computer

i disabled the advanced prefix, and the problem is gone. I really wanna use this prefix, but i cant make people angry re-writing their posts ? some already write long post and got redirected, thats why they got mad. IPB doesnot save them automatically in my forum. ( anyone can tell me how ? )

So any solution on this hook without redirecting to homepage ?

running 3.43 ipb

my forum

www.forum.jalan2.com

my users reporting unable to post new topics / replies sometimes when they click " Post" , - they are redirected to the homepage after clicking "post". i have received like 12 reports from my 3,000 members forum. especially when they try to choose one of the prefix which is "field reports". cos my forum is a travel one

all from desktop computer

i disabled the advanced prefix, and the problem is gone. I really wanna use this prefix, but i cant make people angry re-writing their posts ? some already write long post and got redirected, thats why they got mad. IPB doesnot save them automatically in my forum. ( anyone can tell me how ? )

So any solution on this hook without redirecting to homepage ?

running 3.43 ipb

my forum

www.forum.jalan2.com

I don't know what to tell you. This app should never redirect you anywhere. If you PM me admin credentials, I can look into it for a few minutes. That will only help if the problem is repeatable, though (it happens for *everyone* who follows a specific process or tries to use a certain prefix).

Hi - love the mod.

What settings should I enable in this mod to make sure RSS Import topics have a prefix. Any?

http://masgc.net/community/forum/31-news-feeds/

That is my import forum. When I first set the imports up, they had the assigned prefixes fine (as defined in the RSS import options). Now, they have all disappeared.

Or, is this not an issue with Advanced Tags?

Hi - love the mod.

What settings should I enable in this mod to make sure RSS Import topics have a prefix. Any?

http://masgc.net/community/forum/31-news-feeds/

That is my import forum. When I first set the imports up, they had the assigned prefixes fine (as defined in the RSS import options). Now, they have all disappeared.

Or, is this not an issue with Advanced Tags?

There is something wrong with the RSS import in AT&P... I'll fix this sometime.

How do i pull the prefix so i can use it on the frontpage (ip.content) in a latest post block?

I'm not familiar with IP.Content, sorry. Prefixes are handled the same as in IP.Board itself, just as special tags. If the content block lets you get to that, then you can certainly display it.

I'm probably missing the obvious here, but I can't seem to find the install buttom mentioned in the installation description. Could someone give me a a pointer where it's located? This is the first application I install on an ipb, so sorry if I'm missing something.

I'm running IP.Board 3.4.4

Thanks in advance. :smile:

edit: I looked up where it should be and it just isn't there. I uploaded the files using Filezilla, and it didn't show any errors. I'm kind of at a loss here...