We are closed Thursday 23rd November and Friday 24th November. Support is still available via your client center but response times may be delayed.
Invision Community
Ryan H.

Advanced Tags & Prefixes

Ah... that's a good question. Yes, tags must be enabled. Open or closed doesn't matter, but it must be enabled. Prefixes are built on top of the tag system. I might see about allowing the tag input to be hidden in a future version.

if there is something i the Posable settings tab of the forum then you can't type in to the tag field to add any new ones
if you clear it out on that field then Advance Tags & prefixes prompts me to Manage Prefixes.

want to be able to set x number of "prefix tags" static - but have option to define your own on the fly.

Suggestion (in new version): ability to set the order of prefixes in the list

I've considered it, I have it on my "maybe some day" list... the problem is that one single definitive order isn't really going to cut it. What if you use some of the same prefixes elsewhere but want them ordered differently? -So it really requires prefix groups to set up properly, where you would add prefixes to a group, order them within that group, and then add that group to a forum. Which I've thought about. But I'm not ready to go that route just yet.

if there is something i the Posable settings tab of the forum then you can't type in to the tag field to add any new ones

Okay, yeah, it's just overriding the global setting if any predefined tags are entered. I didn't realize it does that since it's not stated anywhere, but it makes sense. Next update I'll add an explicit per-forum setting, open/closed/inherit/prefix only. That, plus some code magic, should take care of the issue.

On my forum you can not see colors (Tag).

Why?

My Forum Head-Masters.pl

Version "IPB" 3.2.0

You have to set up colors for the prefixes, by going into the prefix manager [Admin CP -> Other Apps -> Advanced Tags & Prefixes]. "Add a new prefix" with the same name as that, and then give it the color you want.

In the ACP it's "Regulamin"; in the topic, it's "regulamin". I'll see if there's an easy way to make the match case-insensitive in the next update, but I think that's the issue. You probably have 'force all tags to lowercase' enabled.

Nothing can be done?

Only after the update?

For now, change the one in the Admin CP so that it is lowercase as well, "regulamin". That should make it work until the update.

Sounds like you got it figured out--glad to hear. I'll try to get the update out soon.

13 bucks for a tag lmao

The developer community here really needs to step it up and support IPS with little to no cost simple mods such as this one.

Amazing.......

I would say I appreciate the feedback, but I'm afraid I really don't. There is a significant amount of work that went into this application [on the order of 20-30 hours for the last update alone], and it adds an extensive feature set to IP.Board's tag and prefix system. There is nothing simple about it. As it happens, I also appreciate the additional income as the not-particularly-well-off college student that I am. If you can't afford a measly few dollars for a well-refined and supported modification, frankly, that's your own problem and I have nothing to say to you.

Update released. This fixes all known issues [thank you tomekkru, Stephen D, and Golus for bringing them to light], as well as including a new per-forum setting to make tags open, closed, or disabled/prefixes only [default inherits from the global setting].

Complete changelog: 2.0.1 - 24 July 2011

• Fixed 'Last Post Info' prefix cache getting out of sync on mod actions.
  • Fixed 'Last Post Info' prefixes not displaying correctly with several in a row.
  • Fixed tag mismatches with 'Force tags to lowercase' enabled; associations are now case-insensitive.
  • Fixed 'Open tags system' global setting being overridden when prefixes are used.
  • Added a per-forum setting for open/closed tags, with an option for prefixes only.

Its not about me, i can afford anything i desire, its about the community...... I come from and use many different forums software for myself and my customers. The devs here seem to think they can charge crazy amounts for such simle mods. If this took you 30 hours, im afraid i would not call you a developer, but a work in progress.

Open your eyes, look around outside of ips and you will see.

For now, change the one in the Admin CP so that it is lowercase as well, "regulamin". That should make it work until the update.

Sounds like you got it figured out--glad to hear. I'll try to get the update out soon.

I would say I appreciate the feedback, but I'm afraid I really don't. There is a significant amount of work that went into this application [on the order of 20-30 hours for the last update alone], and it adds an extensive feature set to IP.Board's tag and prefix system. There is nothing simple about it. As it happens, I also appreciate the additional income as the not-particularly-well-off college student that I am. If you can't afford a measly few dollars for a well-refined and supported modification, frankly, that's your own problem and I have nothing to say to you.

Getting driver errors on any changes (v 2.0.1).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 02:16:11 +0000

Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'inherit' at line 1

IP Address: 192.168.1.100 - /forums_test_3/admin/index.php?adsess=ac097d0a304cbb207db3a5f3533dec04&app=core&module=applications&section=setup&do=hooks&app_directory=advancedtagsprefixes&type=install&version=20000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mySQL query error: ALTER TABLE ibf_forums ADD tag_mode varchar(255) DEFAULT inherit

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

| File                                                               		| Function                                                                  	| Line No.      	|

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3hooksinstall_sldTopicPrefixes.php       		| [db_main_mysql].addField                                                  	| 179       		|

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationscoremodules_adminapplicationshooks.php| [sldTopicPrefixes].install                                                	| 1501          	|

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationscoremodules_adminapplicationshooks.php| [admin_core_applications_hooks].installHook                           		| 446       		|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationscoremodules_adminapplicationssetup.php| [admin_core_applications_hooks].installAppHooks                       		| 370       		|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationscoremodules_adminapplicationssetup.php| [admin_core_applications_setup].hooks                                 		| 144       		|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminsourcesbaseipsController.php     		| [admin_core_applications_setup].doExecute                             		| 299       		|

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 02:17:31 +0000

Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'tag_mode' in 'field list'

IP Address: 192.168.1.100 - /forums_test_3/admin/index.php?adsess=ac097d0a304cbb207db3a5f3533dec04&app=forums&&module=forums&section=forums&&do=doedit&f=15&name=Classifieds+-+For+Sale%2C+Trade%2C+Wanted

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_forums SET default_prefix=0,default_tags='',require_prefix=0,tag_mode='closed',show_prefix_in_desc=0,allowed_prefixes='',name='Classifieds - For Sale, Trade, Wanted',name_seo='classifieds-for-sale-trade-wanted',description='Items For Sale, Trade, or Wanted (by individuals) and/or links to your auction sites. Commercial sellers please PM an admin before posting here. Once items are SOLD they will be marked as "SOLD" topics.',use_ibc=1,use_html=0,password='',password_override='',sort_key='last_post',sort_order='Z-A',prune=100,topicfilter='all',preview_posts=0,allow_poll=1,allow_pollbump=0,forum_allow_rating=0,inc_postcount=1,parent_id=78,sub_can_post=1,redirect_on=0,redirect_hits=0,redirect_url='',notify_modq_emails='',permission_showtopic=0,min_posts_post=0,min_posts_view=0,can_view_others=1,hide_last_info=0,disable_sharelinks=0,tag_predefined='Parts, Tools, etc. - For Sale, Trade, Wanted, SOLD, Cars - For Sale',forums_bitoptions=0,permission_custom_error='' WHERE id=15

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

| File                                                               		| Function                                                                  	| Line No.      	|

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminforumsforums.php| [db_main_mysql].update                                                    	| 1262          	|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminforumsforums.php| [admin_forums_forums_forums].forumSave                                    	| 88            	|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminsourcesbaseipsController.php     		| [admin_forums_forums_forums].doExecute                                    	| 299       		|

Its not about me, i can afford anything i desire, its about the community...... I come from and use many different forums software for myself and my customers. The devs here seem to think they can charge crazy amounts for such simle mods. If this took you 30 hours, im afraid i would not call you a developer, but a work in progress.

Open your eyes, look around outside of ips and you will see.</p>

Do you have any idea what this modification even does? Do you have any programming experience to actually know what's involved? There are more than 3,500 lines in the current codebase including 15 distinct hooks into various portions of IP.Board's core functionality in order to support the current feature set. Oh, and there's the part where I had to rewrite almost all of that in converting from my 3.1 prefixes schema to integrate it with the tag system added in 3.2. And this is trivial?

Loren: Run this query in the SQL Toolbox to clear up the issue. I'll see to patching the installer; apparently one of the functions works a little differently from how I expected. I should have caught that in testing.

ALTER TABLE ibf_forums ADD tag_mode varchar(255) DEFAULT 'inherit'

The download package has been fixed. If anyone else has installed from 2.0.1 and encountered a driver error, run the above query.

Edited by Ryan H.

Ryan,

Sorry, after the SQL alter table I still get a driver error.

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 04:22:55 +0000

Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'allowed_prefixes' in 'field list'

IP Address: 192.168.1.100 - /forums_test_3/admin/index.php?adsess=803694859bc5c3105f340bf2d8c80883&app=forums&&module=forums&section=forums&&do=doedit&f=15&name=Classifieds+-+For+Sale%2C+Trade%2C+Wanted

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_forums SET default_prefix=0,default_tags='',require_prefix=0,tag_mode='closed',show_prefix_in_desc=0,allowed_prefixes='',name='Classifieds - For Sale, Trade, Wanted',name_seo='classifieds-for-sale-trade-wanted',description='Items For Sale, Trade, or Wanted (by individuals) and/or links to your auction sites. Commercial sellers please PM an admin before posting here. Once items are SOLD they will be marked as "SOLD" topics.',use_ibc=1,use_html=0,password='',password_override='',sort_key='last_post',sort_order='Z-A',prune=100,topicfilter='all',preview_posts=0,allow_poll=1,allow_pollbump=0,forum_allow_rating=0,inc_postcount=1,parent_id=78,sub_can_post=1,redirect_on=0,redirect_hits=0,redirect_url='',notify_modq_emails='',permission_showtopic=0,min_posts_post=0,min_posts_view=0,can_view_others=1,hide_last_info=0,disable_sharelinks=0,tag_predefined='Parts, Tools, etc. - For Sale, Trade, Wanted, SOLD, Cars - For Sale',forums_bitoptions=0,permission_custom_error='' WHERE id=15

| File                                                                   	| Function                                                                  	| Line No.      	|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminforumsforums.php| [db_main_mysql].update                                                    	| 1262          	|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminforumsforums.php| [admin_forums_forums_forums].forumSave                                    	| 88            	|

| C:wampwwwforums_test_3adminsourcesbaseipsController.php         	| [admin_forums_forums_forums].doExecute                                    	| 299           	|