Advanced Tags & Prefixes

Ryan H.

Advanced Tags & Prefixes

This plugin enhances IP.Board's built-in tag and prefix system, providing custom styling and fine-grained control over prefixes, as well as some helpful moderation tools. Prefixes are explicitly created through the Admin CP, and can be chosen when creating a topic.

NOTE: This is the IP.Board 3.x-compatible version of the application. Support and maintenance will be ongoing, but this version will not otherwise be updated. For the 4.x-compatible version, see here: Advanced Tags & Prefixes for IPS 4.x

Plugin Benefits and Features:

• Define all prefixes manually through the Prefix Manager--even for open-tag systems.
  • Add, fix, and remove tags and prefixes in bulk with new administrative tools.
  • Choose a prefix when posting, separate from the tag input.
  • Have greater control over where and how tags and prefixes are displayed.
  • Add custom HTML formatting to your prefixes everywhere they appear.
  • Use an image as a prefix.
  • Limit who can use a prefix.
  • Limit where a prefix can be used.
  • Require a prefix to be chosen in some forums.
  • Add tags and prefixes to topics in bulk with Multi-Moderation.
  • Apply a prefix to topics imported from RSS.
  • Add a default prefix and tags to all new topics in a forum.
  • Allow users to enter custom tags in some forums and not others.
  • Show prefixes to users of the mobile skin.
  • ... And more!

The latest version requires IP.Board 3.4. Earlier versions are available for IP.Board 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3. Installation consists of uploading a folder and running through the install wizard.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/05/2010
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
    http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/315335-download-advanced-tags-prefixes/unread/
  • Support Info
  • Supported Versions

:( bummer...thanks anyways

I'm sorry, but there's not much I can do. It's not practical for me to try supporting 3.0--nevermind the extra several dozen file edits that would be required to make up for the hook system differences, it's a version that's pretty well toward its end. If they haven't already, most people will probably upgrade sometime in the next several months.

Perhaps a little more error trapping.
If you forget to choose a user group and/or a forum you get a Driver Error i.e. (and it adds it anyway)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:wampwwwforums_test_4adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminprefixesprefixes.php on line 216

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in C:wampwwwforums_test_4adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminprefixesprefixes.php on line 220

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:wampwwwforums_test_4adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminprefixesprefixes.php on line 222

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in C:wampwwwforums_test_4adminapplicationsforumsmodules_adminprefixesprefixes.php on line 244

Granted you should choose both but it would be more user friendly if you got a warning to go back and fix your selections.

Other than that it looks to be a very good implementation - thanks!

* Is there any way of integrating this into the Topic Multi-Moderation function?

I may look into that for a future version; that would be useful. At the moment, however, no.

* Is it possible to add the prefix drop down to the quick edit screen for the original post?

No, I don't think I can do that. If you go to the full editor you'll find it along with the title and description fields. As a moderator, you can also find it on the "Edit topic title" page.

Great mod, I recommend this.

Hey anyway you can answer this :o

When IPS makes their prefix addition... will all threads using the prefixes and the whole system itself be integrated into theirs? I really dont want to lose all the work I will be putting into this mods system..

Hey anyway you can answer this :o

I already did, bud, as best I can. :) See the post after yours.

To reiterate: Saying "When" is a bit presumptuous--to be fair, we don't know their plans. But supposing they do add it eventually, I can't affect how they implement it, or guarantee that their implementation will be done in a way that is at all compatible with this modification. I'd like to just say "Yes", but it's impossible to know.

I already did, bud, as best I can. :) See the post after yours.

To reiterate: Saying "When" is a bit presumptuous--to be fair, we don't know their plans. But supposing they do add it eventually, I can't affect how they implement it, or guarantee that their implementation will be done in a way that is at all compatible with this modification. I'd like to just say "Yes", but it's impossible to know.

Haha sorry I meant for Brian cause he is IPS staff xD but I understand what you mean.